• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT Engineering Supercharger

For those that were wondering, the CT engineering autorotor supercharger kits are available (formerly comptech). I just had mine installed by Autowave and drove it this morning. The car was fun before the SC, but is stupid levels of fun now.

I am currently using the factory pulley (7 psi), CT engineering headers, random tech 2.25" cats, taitec gtlw exhaust, SOS big bore throttle body, unifilter, downforce air scoop, short gears, type r final drive. The car was dyno'd and measured 350 whp. Not bad considering we currently are having warmer weather in SoCal. Decided to keep it safe and conservative. The SC is surprisingly quiet and the fit and finish looks like an OEM setup.

Much thanks to everyone at Autowave for their help and service. I'll get pics up once I find my camera.

Will you tell us more about your setup?
What type of engine management are you using?
Photos?
AF Ratio?
Dyno shots?
Contrats on your new setup!

Nate in DC

Will you tell us more about your setup?
What type of engine management are you using?
Photos?
AF Ratio?
Dyno shots?
Contrats on your new setup!

Nate in DC

Nate this is nothing new. Its the standard CTSC and there is no engine management. Its a conservative 6-8 PSI system that delivers around an extra 75-100 HP without much fuss. Its 50 state legal, CARB exempt and passes emmisions. Its not the highest HP FI system out there but the most used, proven, and reliable. I am glad to see they are back.

• Will you tell us more about your setup?

The second paragraph is pretty much everything I can think of that's relevant. I also have Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC and an Okuyama strut bar, if that helps.:biggrin:

• What type of engine management are you using?

None. AEM or HKS FCON would be nice, but it is not a priority for me right now.

• AF Ratio? Dyno shots?

I'll need to scan those later. The camera can't pick up the graphs.

Attachments

• Picture 009-2.jpg
    Picture 009-2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 579
  • Picture 010-2.jpg
    Picture 010-2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 665
  • Will you tell us more about your setup?

The second paragraph is pretty much everything I can think of that's relevant. I also have Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC and an Okuyama strut bar, if that helps.:biggrin:
  • What type of engine management are you using?

None. AEM or HKS FCON would be nice, but it is not a priority for me right now.
  • AF Ratio? Dyno shots?

I'll need to scan those later. The camera can't pick up the graphs.

Price and availablility? - I was waiting on the response below :biggrin:

Last edited:
Congrats.

For all, note that the new supercharger DOES NOT have a bleeder/breather in the snout :wink:

Just noticed that in the pics. Whats up with that? was it not necessary? because it makes a freakin mess every once in a while. I am always wiping up some oil residue coming out of that breather. Its a PITA.

Yeah I am going to have to buy one of these otherwise I will keep wiping traces of oil residue. I am just wondering if there is some design change in the newest autorotor or if this thing is even necessary.

Here is the dyno for my car. According to the other threads, some people think the AF ratio is lean. Since I am not too familiar with AF ratio levels, is this good or bad?

Attachments

• SFX517.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 229
am I reading that right? you are close to 14:1?? :eek:

Just noticed that in the pics. Whats up with that? was it not necessary? because it makes a freakin mess every once in a while. I am always wiping up some oil residue coming out of that breather. Its a PITA.

From what I understand, it is the exact same blower. But you might want to check with CT-Engineering for more details.

Here is the dyno for my car. According to the other threads, some people think the AF ratio is lean. Since I am not too familiar with AF ratio levels, is this good or bad?

lol! no guys his AFR is looking like 11:1 which is VERY safe. The one side is AFR and the other side is the Boost. Look like 11:1 afr and 7psi boost.

VERY NICE! Im FINALLY getting back into a NSX this weekend and the only thing it needs is a FI...so i may have to look into the "new" CT kit...cant decide on Turbo or SC.

Nice job on your car man!

Yeah I am going to have to buy one of these otherwise I will keep wiping traces of oil residue. I am just wondering if there is some design change in the newest autorotor or if this thing is even necessary.

The Whipple chargers all need to have some way to deal with expansion from heat. You can plug the breather on the snout and the oil will push past the seal in the end of the snout, behind the pulley. This is not a good solution because over time you will get a mist of oil on the belt and cause slippage.

The SOS kit is simple, just makes it so the breathing happens away from the blower.

I don't know how the Autorotor deals with the expansion issue...

The Whipple chargers all need to have some way to deal with expansion from heat. You can plug the breather on the snout and the oil will push past the seal in the end of the snout, behind the pulley. This is not a good solution because over time you will get a mist of oil on the belt and cause slippage.

The SOS kit is simple, just makes it so the breathing happens away from the blower.

Dave, I have an autorotor. Its less than a year old. It has a breather valve on the snout. This one has none! Thats what I am trying to figure out.

Dave,

The SOS kit says it's for the Autorotor only and not the Whipple. Anyone see why it wouldn't work on the Whipple?

My Whipple has a plug, not a breather...and I haven't noticed oil being pushed out anywhere. I wonder how many have breather vs. plug.

Also, I wonder if your statements "Whipple chargers all need to have some way to deal with expansion from heat" and "plug the breather on the snout and the oil will push past the seal in the end of the snout" are gospel (would be good to know if I "need" to replace my plug with a breather).

let me get this straight.....

you just bolt on the supercharger and the factory ecu can cope?

How can it do that, how does it work and fuel another 80hp?

If it really is that simple (and reliable!) I want one!

Thanks

Jamie

Thanks

Jamie
With one of these, sure. http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294925239+4294839053+400107+115&autoview=sku
vor-6z110-111_m.jpg

Almost that simple. There is an "ESM" that goes between the MAP sensor and the ECU so the ECU never sees boost, a rising-rate FPR (replaces factory FPR) so the fuel-pressure rises with boost, and a do-hicky to make the OEM fuel pump run faster. The first keeps the ECU from freaking out, the latter two ensure proper/enough fuel.

New autorotor kit also has some black-box thingie (ASM) that overrides some of the ECU's fuel map to keep the A/F ratio safe (add a little more fuel at high rpm and full-throttle) on cold days at low altitude.

Except for the ASM (doesn't handle high altitude well) it's pretty simple/bolt-on/reliable kit...no constant tweaking.

thanks for the info, sound relatively simple.

Are there big advantages to be had (in power terms) by uprating ecu, injectors and fuel pump, with the basic kit?

Can any intercooling be utilised with this system to keep intake temps down?

does the belt slip on even the basic kit?

Thanks

Jamie

I wonder if they will come up with a new SC based on the 4-lobe design in the new ZR1. It makes more power and less heat. Sounds great for the NSX to me.

Back