• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FX500 delivery and first report

Come on guys! Take some videos with sound clips!! We are dying....

Yeah, come on! We keep hearing about how sick sounding it is. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to hear or see this car in person. How 'bout it? :D

Factor X Motorsports said:
We are going to try our best to make it out there for at least two days. Unfortunately, the Surpa event in Las Vegas is the same weekend. So our “new mule” will be out there battling it out with the Supras.

Show them what a turbo NSX can do:D

KulSecHskY said:
I thought FX used motec EMS not AEM? :confused:
They did. In fact, my original build specs called for the Motec M48. The earlier versions of the AEM were somewhat flawed, but the flaw only caused problems at power levels around 500whp and above. At least that's my understanding. FX pulled from their resources available, and gained an understanding, and more importantly the complete confidence that the newer version of the AEM would work. I can't say much more than that. FX might chime in with what took place to give them that confidence.

KulSecHskY said:
is the aem ems a better ems? or was it presonal preference?
The AEM does not require a custom made harness. The Motec does offer a bit better resolution. Motec operates on the B.O.A.T. principle for functionality that is built-in to the AEM. B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand $ if you want that feature. FX can elaborate further.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Sig,

After the Dynapack session, do you want us to go test it against a few cars (SC Z06, GTS, and a few supras) out here? KGP/Cerebus you guys know what we are talking about;)

I'd be really interested to see a comparo with the SC Z06 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. And where are those sound clips? :)

melmark said:
I'd be really interested to see a comparo with the SC Z06 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. And where are those sound clips? :)

I with him!!! I can't wait till NSXPO.... :D

Juice said:
Are you running on pump gas or race fuel?
I run 93 octane pump gas. 550 rwhp is no problem using 91 octane either.

Way to go FX, and Gene. I was very lucky to see FX's work first hand and upclose on a rack, very clean and very well designed. I was then treated to a ride in the FX500. While I was very impressed I was left somewhat dissapointed, because now I have to spend $25,000.00 to make my car fun to drive again. Damn you Gene! ;). For those wanting a little more detail on the performance of this car book a flight to St. Louis, I am sure Gene will offer rides to anyone that wants one. The shop that we did the work prepping the car for the emmisions test has a young guy that works there, he has a modded 300ZXTT, lots of boost upgrades, well anyway his responce to a ride in Gene's car, "Just when you thaught you had a fast car, you have to go and ride in something like that".

Gene, I will see you at Gingerman for her track shakedown.

Dave

DDozier said:
Gene, I will see you at Gingerman for her track shakedown.Dave

Ditto!!
I will bring my new HD handy cam, so we can all see what she can do. :D

prova4re said:
Ditto!!
I will bring my new HD handy cam, so we can all see what she can do. :D

I'll bring mine too.

Hopefully i be able to get a ride.

nsxchi-town said:
Hopefully i be able to get a ride.
I think I need to work out a comission structure with FX before-hand.:D I'm going to try and get in early Sunday afternnon, so maybe I can dish a few rides out then. And provided Brian gets in Sunday afternoon also, I promissed him a ride. Because I'm not an instructor, I'm not sure about on the track rides (HPDE's vary).

KGP said:
I think I need to work out a comission structure with FX before-hand.:D I'm going to try and get in early Sunday afternnon, so maybe I can dish a few rides out then. And provided Brian gets in Sunday afternoon also, I promissed him a ride. Because I'm not an instructor, I'm not sure about on the track rides (HPDE's vary).

LoL you'd make back all the money you spent for the system :D

Hey Gene, you may be on to something here, even if you charged $5.00 a ride you could easily make up some of your expenses, and by the way we have a some new tuning hardware on the way. What do you think of a remap on Turbo Blue 116 octain at say 14lbs of boost. I can arrange it. 600hp, 650hp?

Dave

$5.00 a ride barely pays for a tank of C16. :( I'm not worried about getting money for rides. Dave, you got a PM.

DDozier said:
While I was very impressed I was left somewhat dissapointed, because now I have to spend $25,000.00 to make my car fun to drive again.

Exactly the reason I respectfully turned down Mike's offer to go for a ride and drive :eek: when I paid them a visite back in May! :rolleyes:

Back