• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R & NSX-Reventon project

if Obama would just write a check for the construction of a new bridge
we would drive it.

oh wait its election time he just might.

Thank you guys!

I've been busy trying to start the NSX-R since yesterday, I had alarm fob problems and really messy alarm wires to solve (without any technical diagram to help me...)
I then finally gave up of fixing the alarm for now, and manage to bypass all the alarm disable functions by wiring the ECU and the main relay directly to the battery
The first sound of the engine was really bad, I thought it was ruined, but it turned out to be just some missing bolts from one of the exhaust cat :eek:

I shot her first successful re-starting to share with you:biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mVk7cUNYZx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope you enjoy the tradicional portuguese music playing on the radio at the shop...:biggrin::biggrin:

The smoke is due to the oil I had to spray on the pistons to tubricate their rings ...and the things coming out from the exhaust...well it is STRAW, I have no idea how it got there, car stayed 10 years in a french farm :eek:
I then left the engine running and heating for 1 hour before reving it, it is now running perfect and smoothly, without any smoke.

I am an happy man today, it is now time for me to celebrate :biggrin:

Last edited:
Great video, thanks for sharing!

Like Dr. Frankenstein's monster... back to life...

Thank you guys!
Yes, it´s been a while, some demanding busy real work slowed me down, but now I have some free time again to work on the cars :rolleyes:
Well, the R is almost ready, I already drove the car, she really works perfectly, the low mileage really makes her running smoothly.

Synergy004: some loud exhaust, an 02 valence and a nsxR wing are absolutely a must for this car yes and they are in my plans. However for the moment my priority is to drive the car to France and come back (2000 miles) for the MOT and documents registry. I need to save money for some unforseen expenses I might have with this trip and also with the Reventon that I haven´t tested yet..

Well, last weekend I decided to build my own NSX-R mesh! I bought some mesh roll (a 10 meters roll...) and cut the oem engine cover.
Here is the result.
img0804ja.jpg

I must say I am happy with it, I cut it with some wider edge on the rear than the oem one to be able to use the original fixation bar and points, but cut it thinner next to the front engine glass to see more of the engine.

I also painted the water tank in black, and left the level indicator window on the left side of the tank instead of the right one like the oem one.
To my opinion, because the OEM NSXR is RHD for the japanese market, they have placed that level window on the right, so it could be seen when opening the engine hatch from the right side of the car by its driver... As I open the engine hatch from the left, I thought it would make more sense to have it on the left side of the tank :biggrin:

Anyway, today it was time for some window adjustments, a very time consuming work but needed because the car has been fully dismantled including the door and the window tracks.
So, as last time I did it on my black nsx, I used some spacers that I cut from a 1$ plastic profile, with a 90o angle most handy for this task. They are 10 in total as in the manual, 5 with the 90oangle B1...B5 and 5 straight H1...H5
The B spacers are then taped from the inside of the glass, and the H from the outside

You can see my method in more details in my window upgrade DIY section I wrote for my first black NSX here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1297792&postcount=19

img0798za.jpg

and here is the window with all the spacers taped to help me align it
windowreg.jpg

And at the end of the alignment you should get something like this:
img0800g.jpg

Of course I have fit my window regulator upgrade kits, so the windows really work like new now
(my sponsor forced me to say it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

Car needs to be cleaned, polished and waxed now... she is still at the shop, covered with dust...but I managed to take some sexy pictures.
I like this one better with the blackened/french yellow film headlight:

pharesnsx.jpg

Doesn´t she have beautiful eyes, with some rimel and makeup???:biggrin:

I also painted the water tank in black, and left the level indicator window on the left side of the tank instead of the right one like the oem one.
To my opinion, because the OEM NSXR is RHD for the japanese market, they have placed that level window on the right, so it could be seen when opening the engine hatch from the right side of the car by its driver... As I open the engine hatch from the left, I thought it would make more sense to have it on the left side of the tank :biggrin:
Do you have any pics of this? Car looks great!

Dear baby Jesus! How did I miss this? These are both phenomenal builds and I love the fact you did your own thing with the R and not go for an exact replica.

Thanks again for your support guys!

Here is a picture for PHOEN$X of my blackened water tank with the left side level window
blacktank.jpg

For the mesh the most delicate part was to bend the mesh over the cover, and cut it to meet the weather rubber...
Some of you will recognize my window kit screws that I used this time to tight and fix the mesh. It is then fixed in the front of the cover by 2 bars, being folded over the top one, and then compressed to the the lower one, with 6 screws in total...The 2 bars also give back some rigidity to the cover lost by its cutting.

nsxmesh.jpg

dsc02455tn.jpg

Some interesting curiosity, as the R is a genuine french car ( one of the 198 NSX ever sold to France as I was told), the cruise control bottons speak french :biggrin:
img0808i.jpg

About the Reventon, I just received my genuine honda gold badge from the states by mail as we can´t get it here in europe, here is how it looks...

badgem.jpg

img0815qr.jpg

However I am not sure i will use it, it has the modern shape. I think I like the old better, problem is I couldn´t find any genuine one in plastic with gold on black color...idea was to copy the lambo badge of course...

nice work, you def have the NSX VIRUS in your blood LOL

I cant wait to see the next update.

very nice Hugo

Great thread and dedication ....

Really looking forward to the Reventon version ... The devil will be in the detail and the above badge looks very promising ...

Enjoy the R and take your time to get the cars right ....

Subscribed

Great work !!! Ive seen builds of this nature with CRXs or Civics.. But with a NSX?? Crazy!!

Keep it up! :biggrin:

Your car is broken. :)

Attachments

• blacktank(2).jpg
    blacktank(2).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,361
Thanks again for all your replies!
GoldNSX is right, I missed that clip of the vaccum hose for the brake booster!:rolleyes: Your sharp eyes missed the earth cable unattached to the front valve cover :wink:
2 cars have simply too many clips, bolts and plugs for one person, ideally I will need someone at the end just to check the full car for these type of oversights

Not too many updates for the moment, I am working on the Reventon this week to be able to start and test its engine, means do all the harness connections, install all the modules, and finally the dashboard.
Wish me good luck!

Back