• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Natural Aspiration tuning of nsx?

I was wondering what the nsx is capable of thru n/a tuning while keeping it street lega?

Look for a recent thread entitled "the bumblebee puts out" and find out.

Revolution Japan offers a tuning kit that is advertised at 385PS - 379.6BHP. It combines several parts including tuned throttle body, internal engine port/polish, computer, high lift cams, adjusted cam timing, oil pan, among others. The price is around $15,000.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Just wondering, did they get this power with higher revs, like 10,000rpm + ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the only way for a NA engine to make higher HP?

increasing compression, increasing displacement, changing valve timing were the cheap ways we used to increase hp in the old days. Today, forced induction appears to give the best results for small displacement,
high rpm engines. I simply don't understand why Honda dosn't offer a factory supercharged car option.

Honda pride themselves for not resorting to F/I, at least when the rules do not call for it (ie., CART would be the exception). Why not F/I, you ask? Well, it sacrifices durability and reliability to some extent, decreases gas mileage (bad for the environment), exceeds Japanese HP limitation of 280ps (per gentlemen's agreement self-imposed by them and other Japanese automakers), and worst of all, implied to the world that they're taking the easy way out of a somewhat complex engineering problem. All of these which contradicts their motto of producing the world's most reliable, fuel efficient, practical, and INNOVATIVE cars.
Hope that makes any sense. My 2 cents.,.

has any even done n/a tuning to the nsx other than the japanese diehards? I am not talking about i/h/e but serious cam work, port polish, throttle body?

Back