• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX book, good price & ships 11/28/05

Thanks for posting! I just ordered one, too.

Repost, ive already ordered it a week or two ago. :biggrin:

It was released in October in the UK. One of the guys from my office is locating and going to ship one to me ASAP.

Thanks for the info :smile:

MCM said:
"Repost, ive already ordered it a week or two ago. "

Who did you order it through? :biggrin:

I forgot but someone posted the book thread in the Vendor section a little while ago and I clicked on the thread and ordered it. Should be here next week, I think

I've noticed quite a few hits from this forum to our site www.veloce.co.uk. I assume they are related to Brian Longs new book, Acura NSX-Honda's Supercar.

I ordered it from here :biggrin:

thanks man!!! just order one, it'll go great with my ferrari books!!!
any idea of where to get a diablo or gallardo book??

Dan Ciesniewski said:
any idea of where to get a diablo or gallardo book??

In the "I paid too much for a car that never runs properly section" :biggrin: Just playing around. Check Barnes & Nobles... thats where I get all mine from.

I think we have been duped by an error on the Walmart website. Check out the new estimated arrival date here.

Has anyone received their copy today?

Autophile said:
I think we have been duped by an error on the Walmart website. Check out the new estimated arrival date here.

Has anyone received their copy today?

still waiting :frown:

redundant content?

This particular book should be relatively different than the hardcover, silver/black book given to owners back in '90/'91?!?

(Just curious) :confused:

ya WTF!!! I was suposed to get it today!!!
MAYBE they're a day off cause of thanksgiving...but I doubt it

anyone have any clue when theyre coming??

I was supposed to get mine today. I looked up the status on walmart.com and it said instead of getting it 11/28 it now says 12/28! :mad:

Hmmmmmmm.........
Sent an e-mail to cust service.
I think we may have been had on the date of 11-28-05 :rolleyes:
Will post their reply when I get it on Tue.

"Dear Mark

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at
Walmart.com. We have received your message, and
we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward
to your next visit. Our goal is your satisfaction,
guaranteed!

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com"

They keep pushing the date back on this book, WTF? :mad: It has to be the publishing company or something..what's up with that? It has already been released in Europe. :confused:

even though we wont get in on time, I bet they didnt have any problems charging our cards ASAP and itll be on our next statement :( B@STARDS!!!!

Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 12/28/2005

I want one of these books for my dad for xmas.

I bought this book through Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Took about a week to arrive safe & sound at my door without problem.

This book is very nicely finished and has excellent pictures in it. It has 224 pages and gives a description of all the different NSX models.
What it also has is a full copy of several US, European and Japanese NSX brochures that where ever brought out. So, in fact, this fills up most of the pages. There is a good chapter on the general development of the NSX but there is not very much new to the information given. Personally, I had hoped to find a lot of new info, more behind-the-screen stuff so to say. So, for me, in that respect this book is a little dissapointing to me. I had hoped to find more insights into the NSX itself. There is not a single word spent on after-market parts, on super-chargers or any change from the standard Honda/Acura models. The chapter on the racing models of the NSX is only a few pages.
Nevertheless, as I am continiously trying to expand my NSX-library, it was just book I could not afford to not have. Just don't expect to find any more details.

Not in the US yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com. Your comments and questions
are very important to us as we strive to meet your needs. We do
apologize for the inconvenience but we have not shipped the item b/c
this item is still on vendor hold. As soon as the vendor realeases item
to us we will ship the item out to you.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at [email protected],
or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're here to serve you from 6:00 AM CST
to 1:00 AM CST, 7 days a week!

Sincerely,