• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post up Dem Hot Ass Shots!!!

the car regardless that its design is 20+ years old and still runs sub 8 minutes in the nurburgring ahead of a majority of todays "standards"(most of which by the way did not run over sized wheels and stretched out tires during their run at the "ring") and what it lacked and lacks in the hp department it more than makes up for it in all the other areas.

^
this.

Little did I know in the mid 90s when I had my '87 Lincoln Mark VII LSC with the leaking airbag suspension dropping it right on to the ground that I would have been so trendy today. I should have forgone the $180/wheel for the new bags and kept the car!:smile:

I give it to you that the NSX is a high performance sports car.....back in the 90's. LOL!! Relative to the aluminum frame and it's mid-engine layout, by today's technological standards, barely. jmho...

Gee after some of the rides I've had in some NSX's driven on the track by drivers' with real skills I'd say the NSX is still a very serious high performance sports car. It really has a different character than the one it has on the street. When driven on a track by someone who can use what it offers, it transforms and delights me at what it can do

Unless one has considerable track driving skills at the onset, it would take a novice 4 years of learning at every track event available to them, to come up to where the limits of the stock NSX, IMO.

Sitting in a chair quoting magazines it can't compete today.

Gee after some of the rides I've had in some NSX's driven on the track by drivers' with real skills I'd say the NSX is still a very serious high performance sports car. It really has a different character than the one it has on the street. When driven on a track by someone who can use what it offers, it transforms and delights me at what it can do

Unless one has considerable track driving skills at the onset, it would take a novice 4 years of learning at every track event available to them, to come up to where the limits of the stock NSX, IMO.

Sitting in a chair quoting magazines it can't compete today.

well said Joe...there are a bunch of us who keep right on enjoying this old design,not because we can't afford the new stuff,but because the well of performance from the nsx is much deeper than you think:cool:

And I wouldn't doubt the ability of the NSX on the track, but how many NSX owners track their NSX???? A very tiny percentage and yet, all the comments I get are track oriented. If you track yours, sweet! Just because I own an NSX, does that automatically make me a racecar driver?? :confused:

And I wouldn't doubt the ability of the NSX on the track, but how many NSX owners track their NSX???? A very tiny percentage and yet, all the comments I get are track oriented. If you track yours, sweet! Just because I own an NSX, does that automatically make me a racecar driver?? :confused:

No not at all. I guess you missed my point.

You stated, mockingly I might add with the "lol" :
I give it to you that the NSX is a high performance sports car.....back in the 90's. LOL!! Relative to the aluminum frame and it's mid-engine layout, by today's technological standards, barely. jmho...

Let me illustrate my point with this analogy:

By today's "technological standards" a pencil is a ancient device. You can use it to doodle, write the next great novel, do math calculations or you can use it to clean your ears, put a big eraser on the end and drum with it on a table as you gaze off into space considering your next NSX mod.

The pencil in the hands of someone literate is like the NSX is in the hands of the skilled driver. You could be amazed by what comes out of either.
Me, I'm one of the guys drumming on the table.:redface:

You do not have to race or track your car but if you got a ride with someone who does, on a track, you might realize the NSX is still a high performance sports car. It didn't stop being one yet and to that point I felt your remark, which was IMO a slight to the car, it does not deserve.

BTW, I think the back of your car looks very nice. Applause.

Last edited:
By today's "technological standards" a pencil is a ancient device. You can use it to doodle, write the next great novel, do math calculations or you can use it to clean your ears, put a big eraser on the end and drum with it on a table as you gaze off into space considering your next NSX mod.

The pencil in the hands of someone literate is like the NSX is in the hands of the skilled driver. You could be amazed by what comes out of either.

And I would again, agree with you. I stated in a previous thread that "I don't doubt the fact that the NSX can be a serious track performer." However, technology wize, the NSX is outdated. You can't dispute that fact. Yes, the NSX was and can still be a high performance car, esthetically pleasing despite its 20 year design, but to compare the NSX based on "technological standards" to something like a Skyline GTR (which is comparably priced), there is no comparson. And why am I debating the performance of the NSX with you guys? I was just posting a pick of my wide ass.:biggrin: With two speeding tickets, my definition right now of "High performance" is limited to 70 mph. LOL!!

i agree, with some well thought out mods the NSX is highly capable and very satisfying......yeah, it may "only" go 170MPH compared to the 190 of some of the latest supercars but, its still a very serious car.

I just cant understand modifying (any) car to perform worse......

You do not have to race or track your car but if you got a ride with someone who does, on a track, you might realize the NSX is still a high performance sports car. It didn't stop being one yet and to that point I felt your remark, which was IMO a slight to the car, it does not deserve.

And I would again, agree with you. I stated in a previous thread that "I don't doubt the fact that the NSX can be a serious track performer." However, technology wize, the NSX is outdated. You can't dispute that fact. Yes, the NSX was and can still be a high performance car, esthetically pleasing despite its 20 year design, but to compare the NSX based on "technological standards" to something like a Skyline GTR (which is comparably priced), there is no comparson. And why am I debating the performance of the NSX with you guys? I was just posting a pick of my wide ass.:biggrin: With two speeding tickets, my definition right now of "High performance" is limited to 70 mph. LOL!!

If you doubt the performance / tech potential of the car check out post # 39 in this thread : http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1281892#post1281892

Kip Olson (rookie amongst this field) was 7th qualifier in a field of PRO drivers. Keep in mind the other cars were tube frame (most of them) with sequential transmissions (cost an average of 60K +), "one off suspension systems", and a ton of other advantages.

I think your persepective is twisted due to the fact you have a terrible wheel / tire combo that will cause ill handling compared to anything with handling capablities north of a Jeep Wrangler. Just my .02

Yes, the NSX was and can still be a high performance car, esthetically pleasing despite its 20 year design, but to compare the NSX based on "technological standards" to something like a Skyline GTR (which is comparably priced), there is no comparson.

You keep mentioning technology as if it's important to you, yet my take is that you don't care as long as the final product looks cool to you and turns you on. That's understandable and I respect that.
I mean, that's fine with me and has it's own appeal like chrome engines or carbon fiber bling. I get it, can and do appreciate it. Don't want it but appreciate it.
I wanted different wheels and went with the Zanardi wheels and painted them solaris silver. I just wanted to keep the tire/wheel design they had. I think it's right.

A thread full of "asses" on NSXPrime. Whooda thought?:biggrin:

Last edited:

"What an analogy!" Very well said. :wink:

Yo Yo Yo, I think I might hella floooosh my tires too, all the cool kids are doing it ;)
4ac6a49f-ea68-9c40.jpg

-MSR

i agree, with some well thought out mods the NSX is highly capable and very satisfying......yeah, it may "only" go 170MPH compared to the 190 of some of the latest supercars but, its still a very serious car.

I just cant understand modifying (any) car to perform worse......

And when have you taken your NSX to 170? LOl!!

If you doubt the performance / tech potential of the car check out post # 39 in this thread : http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1281892#post1281892

Kip Olson (rookie amongst this field) was 7th qualifier in a field of PRO drivers. Keep in mind the other cars were tube frame (most of them) with sequential transmissions (cost an average of 60K +), "one off suspension systems", and a ton of other advantages.

I think your persepective is twisted due to the fact you have a terrible wheel / tire combo that will cause ill handling compared to anything with handling capablities north of a Jeep Wrangler. Just my .02
I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.. because I never stated that the NSX can't be a serious track performer.

You keep mentioning technology as if it's important to you,
And tech. isn't important to you and other perspective new car buyers, and auto-manufacturers? Then why are NSX owners swapping out their FM players for Navigation/DVD/Bluetooth units, swapping out HID and LED lights/tail lights/swapping out seats/and that beast of a steering wheel? Just the NSX itself has undergone UPGRADES from 91-2001 to the newer 2002.
If you read my post correctedly, I never doubted the NSX as a potential track car even with today's improved technology. However, the NSX is undoubtedly outdated in regards to today's "Exotic supercar standards." I understand the zeal of being an enthusiast because I will be the first to defend the NSX's legitimacy as "the" most reliable exotic, but to claim that it is not outdated, well, you are entitled to your opinion. :smile: If there is one thing that is timeless about the NSX, it is the sleek lines of the NSX.

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.. because I never stated that the NSX can't be a serious track performer.

Well I think he has pretty good reading comprehension because of this, post below, in particular, the part I put in bold where you mock the car's ability.
Maybe you didn't mean to but you did with that final shot.

I give it to you that the NSX is a high performance sports car.....back in the 90's. LOL!!

If you read my post correctedly, I never doubted the NSX as a potential track car even with today's improved technology. However, the NSX is undoubtedly outdated in regards to today's "Exotic supercar standards." I understand the zeal of being an enthusiast because I will be the first to defend the NSX's legitimacy as "the" most reliable exotic, but to claim that it is not outdated, well, you are entitled to your opinion. :smile: If there is one thing that is timeless about the NSX, it is the sleek lines of the NSX.

Correctedly:biggrin: No big deal, I misspell too but in the context it is ironic that you spelled it that way.

I did not claim that a NSX is or is not outdated. Who's reading correctly? Where did I state this?

Omega, I challenged your: "I give it to you that the NSX is a high performance sports car.....back in the 90's. LOL!!" remark. You're referencing the conversation in your head not the one on the screen.

And tech. isn't important to you and other perspective new car buyers, and auto-manufacturers? Then why are NSX owners swapping out their FM players for Navigation/DVD/Bluetooth units, swapping out HID and LED lights/tail lights/swapping out seats/and that beast of a steering wheel? Just the NSX itself has undergone UPGRADES from 91-2001 to the newer 2002.

Maybe you're mixing my post together with another by someone else?

People mod cars from the birth of a model and forward, that's not being contested by me at all. I have modded mine too. Where is this coming from?
By all means. Enjoy yourself, do as you wish to your car.

I keep giving you props for your mods... but you aren't noticing. :smile:

I do have my opinions about whether you are improving the technology already there but who really cares?
It's your car. Enjoy it as you see fit.

Last edited:
Phat as they come, just not for me. Taste/trend/movement, whatever you want to call it.

Attachments

• extreme_sagging_pants-500x352.jpg
    extreme_sagging_pants-500x352.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 313

Pbassjo, I thought this comment was stated pretty clearly, and if I did misconstrue your intentions, my deepest apology. All i meant to say with the 90's comment was that the NSX in the early part of 90's was a top three contender for the fastest production car alongside Porsche Carrera and the Ferrari 348. By todays standards, looking at times at Nuremberg, the NSX lapped at 8:16.15 at 149.471 km/h which makes it at about the 40th car down the list...still very applaud-able, but is it a top contender alongside Ferrari anymore...not by today's technological high performance standards.

Hi guys!!!:biggrin:

4 pages, 20 or so pics and 97 posts, omega1 is still defending his preference about the mods done to his car. :smile: If you had a bigger wing on it........................OHH the horror!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Back