• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reintroducing The LoveFab WFS Chassis Braces- The Permanent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just received the LoveFab upper- and lower chassis bars. They look very good :)

Have a question about installing them though.
Do have to remove some parts on the left chassis bar, like the small fuse-box that is located there to install the upper chassis bar?

They way it looks in my car, the bar won't be able to get to the mounting points without doing this it seems.

Any advice is welcome.

I was not able to install the front upper bar on my only attempt so far. The boxes can get removed and reattached afterward, I'm pretty sure. My big issue was a huge loom of electrical wires running on the passenger side that did not have enough slack to reroute them to install the bar. For what its worth, my lower bar mounting points did not line up perfectly either. One hole on each side had to be elongated slightly to match up.

For what its worth, my lower bar mounting points did not line up perfectly either. One hole on each side had to be elongated slightly to match up.

Yep, same exact thing here... couldn't get the bolts in at all until two of the holes were drilled out slightly. It was pretty frustrating and took several tries. Also I've noticed the lower bar rubs on the lower rad hose. Could be a problem?
Installing the upper bar was easy - just unbolt the 2 10mm bolts on the fuse box, unclip the wire bundle and push it out of the way, then install.

The Lower bars are very touchy in regard to bolt spacing. Half of the bars sold bolt on, the other half need elongation of the holes. I haven't figured out a direct reason, whether it's related to different years of NSX, or if there is just "that much play" between the chassis. The lower bars were built on a 19,000 mile 1995 NSX, and were fitted on NSX's ranging from 1991 to 2001 that we had at the shop. No drilling was needed during those fitments. The upper bar is easy as neonshaun said, unbolt the fuse box, swing it out of the way, bolt the bar down, and reattach the fuse box. I need to make some instructions.

We have

(1) Front Lower WFS Chassis Brace
(3) Front Upper WFS Chassis Brace
(1) Targa Rear SC Chassis brace
(1) Coupe Rear SC Chassis brace

^Completed, coated, and ready for immediate shipment.

And (5) more lowers, as well as (2) Coupe rear in production now, to be completed and out of coating by the 22nd of this month.

Blowout pricing until the New Year.

We have:
(3) Front WFS Upper bars in stock ready to ship:

https://www.lovefab.com/Store/ProductDetail/tabid/89/ProductID/42/Default.aspx

(3) Front WFS Lower bars in stock ready to ship:

https://www.lovefab.com/Store/ProductDetail/tabid/89/ProductID/41/Default.aspx

And a prototype Supercharger compatible Coupe 4point brace: $450, call-in, or PayPal

IMG_20131221_143555_279_zps3ea186d7.jpg

still have these in stock and ready to ship or naw ?

We have outstanding orders for uppers and lowers, I have to fill those and see what's left of the recent 5-set batch we just made and are waiting for them to return from coating. We hired additional fabrication help, as it's been a fantastic year. Our goal starting next week is to always have multiple sets on the shelf.

Thanks

Just had my my rear targa brace installed today. I attempted to do it myself but, same as others experienced, the mounting holes required elongating and I didn't have the tools to do so. They weren't off by much (maybe 1/2" on each side), but they had to be drilled out to fit. Overall, not a big deal.

I could immediately feel a difference with it installed (I already have the front NSX-R chassis bar and the GT-Spec lower chassis bar). The car feels much more solid, nowhere near as many vibrations or shakes. It actually feels smoother and more comfortable on the road as well because it now allows the suspension to articulate the chassis over the bumps rather than just crash over them.

The one thing I've noticed is that there is now a loud squeaking noise which I believe is coming from the mounting point of the front of the brace and the firewall. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure if the bolts need to be retightened (I'll check again when I get home), but I guess worst case I can add a rubber gasket or something similar to keep the brace from rubbing against the firewall.

Last edited:
I have a LoveFAB front upper brace and could immediately feel a difference bolting around town on my high speed weekend cruises. Thanks Cody

Last edited:
We have 8 Uppers in stock now, coated, ready to ship, and 5 lowers welded, going out for coating and anticipating return this weekend. Hop on the site and order them while they last!

1901401_700747973311576_7782480192582003602_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just had my my rear targa brace installed today. I attempted to do it myself but, same as others experienced, the mounting holes required elongating and I didn't have the tools to do so. They weren't off by much (maybe 1/2" on each side), but they had to be drilled out to fit. Overall, not a big deal.

I could immediately feel a difference with it installed (I already have the front NSX-R chassis bar and the GT-Spec lower chassis bar). The car feels much more solid, nowhere near as many vibrations or shakes. It actually feels smoother and more comfortable on the road as well because it now allows the suspension to articulate the chassis over the bumps rather than just crash over them.

The one thing I've noticed is that there is now a loud squeaking noise which I believe is coming from the mounting point of the front of the brace and the firewall. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure if the bolts need to be retightened (I'll check again when I get home), but I guess worst case I can add a rubber gasket or something similar to keep the brace from rubbing against the firewall.

Make sure your suspension tophats aren't rubbing on the brace; specifically, the shock pushrod and associated hardware(large washer that floats on the rubber bushing). We had one car here that rubbed and it took us forever to find. The brace was a prototype, and the rest were changed after that, but you never know; every car IS different.

While your at the post office, can you send me a sticker for one of my bars that's missing one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back