• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TESLA cars. Anyone else intrigued?

We lost Steve Jobs:frown:
:smile:what else is Elon Musk doing.....from Paypal to Solar City, SpaceX, Tesla. With that kinda track record, after 8/2, I hope to see Hyperloop in action b 4 I resume room temperature.

Nat.Geo. done a 45 min about Tesla S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxtOwo8S8w

You can find anything in California, if you can not find it, it can not be found.

I like the Sedan and they are now all over the Bay Area. Can't drive to the store without seeing a couple of them.

Tesla stock was added to the NASDAQ 100 a few weeks ago. New 'word" is the stock will be added to the S&P500. I believe earnings release is due this week. It's hard to believe Tesla is approaching 50% of the value of GM. A new stock report put the price target at 200.

This is not investment advice. Call your broker. Do your own research.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8_lfxPI5ObM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Tesla as much as anyone and have been pushing for its success for a long time now. That being said, the stock is way over valued. If you haven't taken any off the table, consider it. This isn't a recommendation, just an observation.

I saw a Tesla S at cars and coffee and i was completely blown away. The fit and finish was top notch. The owner was nice enough to give me a tour. I could see myself having one as a daily. Really nice inside and with the other features and the new SUV version coming, they are making a statement. A little pricey for workin folks like me.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/163...-pig-in-a-poke-with-tesla-motors?source=yahoo

With EPS @ -1.95, and nothing in the product pipeline following the model S, it may be too late if you don't already own TSLA shares.

^I wondered what made the stocks drop so much yesterday. This is the reason. I've been watching the stock since I bought mine 3 years ago and it'll go up after Elon Musk throws something out there and then down when it gets some bad review on stock buying. Funny thing is, it always seems to recover and then pass up its previous high.

BTW, don't you consider the Tesla Model X something in the pipeline?

Model x wont see deliveries until late 2014. Based on the Model S, it's possible those initial deliveries might get pushed into 2015 (although its also possible that Tesla has learned a lot about production based on the model S so the X wont suffer similar delays).

In either event, I think the X is likely to cannibalize Model S sales. To maintain growth, the Model X needs to attract a whole new segment of purchasers, not just splint their current market in half. In looking at the specs of the X, I don't know that it offers enough utlity over the model S. This is more of a complement of the utility the model S offers with seating for seven and its hatchback vs. a knock on the model X. If the S was a typical car, I think the X sales would/will be higher.

When Tesla launches it's cost effective 3 series competitor, that's where I think sales really jump (new segment of purchasers) and the company's value will be determined.

Tesla claims NHTSA crash tests prove Model S is safest car on road

That means Americans now make the SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD - EVAR.

Sooo sorry import car fan boys - namely Hans and Frans..... your cars are now girlie and need to be pumped up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XaC2Ac3FmW0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^I wondered what made the stocks drop so much yesterday. This is the reason. I've been watching the stock since I bought mine 3 years ago and it'll go up after Elon Musk throws something out there and then down when it gets some bad review on stock buying. Funny thing is, it always seems to recover and then pass up its previous high.

I definitely think it can help boost the stock, but is too far at this point. I couldn't find a price point for it, but I think it is targeting a good demo that needs the SUV/minivan for the family.

I agree with the statement above that once they hit the ~30-40k market, they will really have something. Even more amazing is if they could make an eco car to challenge the Honda Civic. I'm buying in once I hear any whispering of that car being developed.

I definitely think it can help boost the stock, but is too far at this point. I couldn't find a price point for it, but I think it is targeting a good demo that needs the SUV/minivan for the family.

I agree with the statement above that once they hit the ~30-40k market, they will really have something. Even more amazing is if they could make an eco car to challenge the Honda Civic. I'm buying in once I hear any whispering of that car being developed.

Model X entry w/ 60 KWH battery is right around 80K. That's a lot of $$$ for the minivan crowd. I'm sure some Range Rover, X5 buyers might switch, but I honestly can't see anyone cross shopping a Model X vs an Odyssey. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Model X entry w/ 60 KWH battery is right around 80K. That's a lot of $$$ for the minivan crowd. I'm sure some Range Rover, X5 buyers might switch, but I honestly can't see anyone cross shopping a Model X vs an Odyssey. Hopefully I'm wrong.

You are wrong. Model X is not competing against minivans. It's competing against high-end luxury crossovers/SUVs such as the Audi Q7, Mercedes GL or a loaded BMW X5.

God, how I really, really, really, really want to short this stock! The P/E is so out of whack it's mind blowing. Reminds me of Yahoo at $495 when I shorted it. I think the momentum might just take it to $200 though but when she falls, boy is she going to fall hard.

very tempted to dive in as well, but it will be one hot potato...along with its running mate netflix.

Netflix is not one I'd trust to continue to go up. Tesla, yes. But what do I know? I've only ever bought stock in Tesla and that was at $17/share three years ago. I've been sitting it on a long time.

don't be a pig with those gains....:eek:

Back