• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, it finally happend to me...

Today someone asked me if that was my vette!! :mad:

Oh well.., rednecks.. what can you do :)

NetViper said:
Today someone asked me if that was my vette!! :mad:

Oh well.., rednecks.. what can you do :)

I'm Happy that's all, I thought you were going to say you snapped the t belt! :)
Aaron

I've been asked if mine is a Lamborghini. I think it's because of the yellow color. Anyway, I don't mind if they mistake it for that. :D

I could never understand that.......I have to admit from a far (very far) I think the C5 vette has a hint of NSX, probably because our rear wing, (when viewed from the side) looks like a "solid" part of the body, meaning from the side you can't see the opening. This (I guess) looks like the "big butt" of a vette. Also the side air inlet throws everyone, even though the C5s are in the front not the back. Finally the big glass rear window. However, with that said, once you get up to the car you have to be an ass to mistake the two. Common sense people...... do you really think a 5.7 V8 will fit under our hood!!!

My neighbor keeps refering to my car as the Ferrari.

Well, I've had a number of Vette owners give me "the wave".
I think they think it looks like a vette from a distance too.

Here one: A girl goes to me "When are you gonna go for the upgrade?"

I replied "Which would that be"? (thinking ferrari or lambo)

She says "To a vette"

I was gonna harsh on her but i refrained, i figured she is happy walkin around thinkin she already knows everything and who am I to ruin her day!

jadkar said:
Common sense people...... do you really think a 5.7 V8 will fit under our hood!!!
I doubt anyone who knows the C5 has a 5.7L V8 powerplant will mistake the bodywork. What we likely have here is someone who vaguely knows the name "Corvette" and associates it with anything low-slung and wide.

I had one guy ask if it was a Lambo but it was at night in a poorly-lit parking lot, while the NSX was running with the headlights flipped up. He could've been drunk too. :)

Yes, there is no accounting for the comments of rednecks, or for most of the car buying public in general.

Way back in 1983 I bought a Corvette. This was the year that they changed the entire car from the chassis on up. I met a few friends for dinner and was showing them the car afterwards. Some guy wandered up, walked around the car, absorbing every inch of it. Then he asked "Why does it say Corvette on the glove box?"

This happened in Newport Beach, CA, a place where I would think that 25-year old guys might know something about cars.

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:

She says "To a vette"

I was gonna harsh on her but i refrained, i figured she is happy walkin around thinkin she already knows everything and who am I to ruin her day!

If she's my girl friend, I would just ditch her for that. :cool:

Anyway, I worked part time at 7-11 in the weekends, here's what my little poll of people "complement" my car.

1. what year is your corvette?

2. It sure a nice camaro!

3. Is it a mustang ( where did you see the horse? sir??)

4. It's a very nice little red car... ( ehh, did you see the miata parked next to it, you called me small?)

5. It's got very nice lines, reminds me of Masaratti? ( I never could relate anything on nsx to Masaratti except the red color.)

6. How much did you get this for? "28", "Twenty Eight hundred?? it's a cool car." (*%#^%.... Speechless.)

7. I have a nice lady (in her seventy) came and grab a gallon milk and ended up keep checking out mine for 20 minutes. It's been a month, She still complemented my car every week she came by. (Tell me if the nsx is a chick magnet. I did an unformal research that Girls actually digs Mini and Esculate/ hummer over that "car", so I'm just another asian guy "trying" to be cool.)

8. How could you afford that with working in 7-11? You dealing drugs?? (ahem, I do have a real job.)

9. So far there's a lot of girls walking past my car and checking out, but none of them would ever thought it's my car, usually the boyfriends of theirs would bet with them and said, "Dude, It's his car, for real."

10. You got any tickets yet? (@#$#^%)

11. "How fast did you go?" asked by mid-aged man. (59 mph on interstate hwy at the middle lane... :rolleyes: )

12. What are you doing here, you supposed to go picking up some chicks with that right now!!

AFTER ALL, why do I care about them? I got the nsx for myself, and we have everyone of you over here to be happy with me.
(It would be a shame if you need a car to gets chicks anyway.)

hey, which 7-11 do you work at? Do you mind me checking out your car? how about giving me a ride and feel the NSX. I have never ridden in one in my life. Let me know, thanks man.

NSXDreamer2 said:
If she's my girl friend, I would just ditch her for that. :cool:

Anyway, I worked part time at 7-11 in the weekends, here's what my little poll of people "complement" my car.

1. what year is your corvette?

2. It sure a nice camaro!

3. Is it a mustang ( where did you see the horse? sir??)

4. It's a very nice little red car... ( ehh, did you see the miata parked next to it, you called me small?)

5. It's got very nice lines, reminds me of Masaratti? ( I never could relate anything on nsx to Masaratti except the red color.)

6. How much did you get this for? "28", "Twenty Eight hundred?? it's a cool car." (*%#^%.... Speechless.)

7. I have a nice lady (in her seventy) came and grab a gallon milk and ended up keep checking out mine for 20 minutes. It's been a month, She still complemented my car every week she came by. (Tell me if the nsx is a chick magnet. I did an unformal research that Girls actually digs Mini and Esculate/ hummer over that "car", so I'm just another asian guy "trying" to be cool.)

8. How could you afford that with working in 7-11? You dealing drugs?? (ahem, I do have a real job.)

9. So far there's a lot of girls walking past my car and checking out, but none of them would ever thought it's my car, usually the boyfriends of theirs would bet with them and said, "Dude, It's his car, for real."

10. You got any tickets yet? (@#$#^%)

11. "How fast did you go?" asked by mid-aged man. (59 mph on interstate hwy at the middle lane... :rolleyes: )

12. What are you doing here, you supposed to go picking up some chicks with that right now!!

AFTER ALL, why do I care about them? I got the nsx for myself, and we have everyone of you over here to be happy with me.
(It would be a shame if you need a car to gets chicks anyway.)

I still got you all beat...I actually got a TICKET which said "Make: Corvet" (yes, it was spelt that way!!)

The most common one I get is: "How much?" and "How fast have you gone in it?"

As far as rides, always willing to give them. I'm sure Dreamer will give you a ride as well :) (sorry for volunteering ya, bud)

hehe yeah, the thought that this car is a chick magnet is kinda amusing... It is more of a teenage boy magnet, so i guess it would be a perfect car if I was a priest or pedophile... :D

I still got you all beat...I actually got a TICKET which said "Make: Corvet" (yes, it was spelt that way!!)

I know a guy with an NSX that a guy asked him if he did the custom engine in the rear.....thinking it was a vette.

I know another guy with a JDM Fairlady Z (right hand drive) who's wife (sitting on the left in the passenger seat) got a ticket for speeding!!! She brought a picture of the car to court and it was dropped!

Is this a first to reply myself?

effer said:
You won't believe me but somebody mistaken my NSX for Pontiac Aztek!

DON'T BELIEVE. I lied :eek:

But this is true: ( until... )

mistaken for

Lamborghini ( ??? )

Corvette

Ferrari

'72 Lincoln Continental convertible ( black )

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:

She says "To a vette"

When I'll need $50K upgrade in my wallet.

I'm so sorry for not owning a Lamborghini now because it would be worth a $200K upgrade at least...

Funny how I read this post today, and guess what happened....

I was leaving work today, and this guy came up to me in the parking lot and said "hey.......that's a nice car......I've been trying to figure out who owns it. I don't know much about sports cars, so I thought it was a corvette until someone told me it was a Nissan" :confused: :confused: :confused:

a Nissan?? :mad:

Back