• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05 NSX Purchase

Good Day all. I am an avid fan of the NSX and have wanted to purchase one for a very long time now. After vacillating and many blessing, I have finally settled on what I believe to be a very good car but a little pricey? The car is a Red on Red with 6500 miles and acura certified. The listing is 78k I offered 68.5k I believe its a fair offer considering the car is 5 years old? Or should I go higher or lower? I wanted to stay around 65k.

This is a one owner car, and the car fax has a glitch on it that says inconsistent odometer reading reported.

The inconsistent odometer scares me a bit, does it look like a simple clerical error, or could it have been tampered with?

The price seems a bit high, but if the Certified warranty gives you piece of mind, it might be worth the extra coin.

I wouldn't get any used car with any suspicion of odometer tampering, especially at $68.5k.

I almost purchased a red on red with 9k miles in New York (add is still in the for sale section, you can look it up). The asking price was 65k, and we managed to agree on a price that's slightly lower. But the seller changed his mind while I was booking my flight. He decided to keep it. There are at least four '05 NSX changed hand in the last six months. The price range was between 57k to 60k, plus shipping. One of them even had a minor accident, and still sold at that price range. So if you can verify the odometer issue, 65k range isn't too unreasonable if it's a local pickup. However, it really depends on your choice of color. Red on red is one the rarest combination, par with orange/orange and next to white/white+tan. But if red of red is not a "must have", there are other choices around that may save you a few thousand bucks. I hope this helps.

Good Day all. I am an avid fan of the NSX and have wanted to purchase one for a very long time now. After vacillating and many blessing, I have finally settled on what I believe to be a very good car but a little pricey? The car is a Red on Red with 6500 miles and acura certified. The listing is 78k I offered 68.5k I believe its a fair offer considering the car is 5 years old? Or should I go higher or lower? I wanted to stay around 65k.

This is a one owner car, and the car fax has a glitch on it that says inconsistent odometer reading reported.

Since you are looking for an 05 in particular then theres not much choice that you are going to get. I think what you offered is fair and if you're not stuck on a particular color than keep looking if that one scares you. I would just verify the odometer if you can and then decide. 2002-2005 are pretty much the same so if you're not stuck on the 2005 then look in the for sale section in the forums. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the quick and helpful responses. The car fax says the one acura dealer serviced it so it appears to be a clerical error. I also asked for a pic of the odometer. I am proceeding cautiously as emotion can lead to a bad decision. I won't budge off the price I offered. I appreciate the wealth of information on this site. Hopefully I will be an official member soon..

getting a low mileage 05 nsx is a tough task b/c many of them were originally leases that were driven daily. finding a low mileage red one that has no issues is very hard. regarding the odometer. look at the carfax, it should be very obvious looking at the dates on the carfax versus mileage whether the miles was tampered or fat fingered. if it is just a matter of fat fingering who cares. (fyi car fax has a lot of errors and it is funny how people treat it like the gospel and sometimes ignore the obvious or perhaps in this case disregard the obvious and worry about a fatfingered mileage listing.

$68k seems rather high for me at least!

getting a low mileage 05 nsx is a tough task b/c many of them were originally leases that were driven daily. finding a low mileage red one that has no issues is very hard. regarding the odometer. look at the carfax, it should be very obvious looking at the dates on the carfax versus mileage whether the miles was tampered or fat fingered. if it is just a matter of fat fingering who cares. (fyi car fax has a lot of errors and it is funny how people treat it like the gospel and sometimes ignore the obvious or perhaps in this case disregard the obvious and worry about a fatfingered mileage listing.

$68k seems rather high for me at least!

That may be but its basically how bad do you want it? Given theres not a lot of choices out there its basically what you are willing to pay to get it.
To me paying 68k for a car that I really want is worth it if there was something so specific and rare to find.

Good point ediddy!

That may be but its basically how bad do you want it? Given theres not a lot of choices out there its basically what you are willing to pay to get it.
To me paying 68k for a car that I really want is worth it if there was something so specific and rare to find.

There are still two mint '05s around. A red/black with 4800 miles, and yellow/black with similar mileage. The red one was asking for $79k, and I think it's still available. The yellow one was asking for 74k last time I saw it on prime. I talked/pm'ed to both owners, and all I can say is "when you're rich you can ask whatever price you want for your mint NSX, simply because you don't need the money."

If you are not sold on Red and want a nice 05 I'd be looking up OSUGRAD here on Prime as he's selling a really nice 2005 Silverstone with low mileage...:smile:

If you are not sold on Red and want a nice 05 I'd be looking up OSUGRAD here on Prime as he's selling a really nice 2005 Silverstone with low mileage...:smile:

Shameless plug! Your check is on the way! :wink:

All I can say is you gotta pay to play...very few 04/05's these days and since they are not made anymore, if you want a specific color combo, then you have few choices.

I paid quite a bit for mine but could care less, it was the rare color I wanted and glad to pay more. The past 2 years with my car has been a dream come true :biggrin:

rick

OP I paid $65k for my Imola in 2009 with 9k miles. Paying the same amount and receiving a 04 or 05 a year later is a good deal in the NSX world...

Fellas thanks for the information and opinions I greatly appreciate it. Now we both came to terms on the deal. He met my price of 68.5k + 1499.00 for the certification fee. I don't think its a bad deal so I am proceeding forward provided when I actually go and see the car in person Its all its promised to be. I will upload pics of the car also.

Not to be a fly in the ointment...

I really do not want to discourage you at ALL from buying an NSX... especially one that young. BUT, the only thing that scares me about that is you are paying a LOT of money for a car with a questionable history. If you can absolutely guarantee that you will never sell it there is no problem. But what about if you do sell it?

Would the next buyer be as understanding as you are? That is the only thing that bothers me. If you are comforable with the purchase and will NEVER EVER EVER EVER sell it under ANY circumstance then I think you have a good deal.

Seriously not trying to piss you off, I know buying one of these is very emotional. I hope you arent offended... Im really just trying to help you.

Jman

I wouldn't get any used car with any suspicion of odometer tampering, especially at $68.5k.

I almost purchased a red on red with 9k miles in New York (add is still in the for sale section, you can look it up). The asking price was 65k, and we managed to agree on a price that's slightly lower. But the seller changed his mind while I was booking my flight. He decided to keep it. There are at least four '05 NSX changed hand in the last six months. The price range was between 57k to 60k, plus shipping. One of them even had a minor accident, and still sold at that price range. So if you can verify the odometer issue, 65k range isn't too unreasonable if it's a local pickup. However, it really depends on your choice of color. Red on red is one the rarest combination, par with orange/orange and next to white/white+tan. But if red of red is not a "must have", there are other choices around that may save you a few thousand bucks. I hope this helps.

I'm just curious - how did you resolve the "suspect" odometer reading? If you are satisfied with that and it's something you have proof of and can pass on to the next owner - if there is one- then fine. I think like others here there are damn few of these guys left. To me it's not worth the premium but to others it's fine. Good luck to you but I believe that's just a tad high. This is the time for "real deals" - this may be one but that's for you to decide. If your happy and satisfied then more power to ya!

Welcome aboard - and happy trails - hope it's all you wanted in an NSX.

The Internet Sales Manager said that the certification fee was to actually certify the car which included a 7 year 100k mile warranty. The sales manager also stated that the odometer issue was indeed a fat finger as that is the only Acura dealer to service the car. For the guys that purchased their car from an Acura dealer certified used was this fee also included on top of the price of the car ? Pics of the car should be attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 308
The Internet Sales Manager said that the certification fee was to actually certify the car which included a 7 year 100k mile warranty. The sales manager also stated that the odometer issue was indeed a fat finger as that is the only Acura dealer to service the car. For the guys that purchased their car from an Acura dealer certified used was this fee also included on top of the price of the car ? Pics of the car should be attached.

Congratulations...now you can start the fun part - driving it!

Back