• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05 NSX Purchase

Congrats and welcome to the club. I think any NSX looks great in any color, well most colors.

Try to make it to NSXPO in Vegas this year and sign up on

www.nsxca.org for more info.

WOW -- Red on red -- Never seen that before!

Certification fee.. as in certified preowned... Im supprised they didnt just waive that for you... is the deal done?

When was the original sale date of the car, you may be paying a LOT for only 2 years of coverage or even less

Jman

Wow, red on red...thats something you don't see everyday.

+1 I didnt even know they made these. Oh ok I just looked at the production numbers they only made 8 of them. There is 2 that are automatics and 6 manuals.

Last edited:
Where do you find these production numbers at?

Jman

+1 I didnt even know they made these. Oh ok I just looked at the production numbers they only made 8 of them. There is 2 that are automatics and 6 manuals.

The Internet Sales Manager said that the certification fee was to actually certify the car which included a 7 year 100k mile warranty. The sales manager also stated that the odometer issue was indeed a fat finger as that is the only Acura dealer to service the car. For the guys that purchased their car from an Acura dealer certified used was this fee also included on top of the price of the car ? Pics of the car should be attached.

BASIC it sounds like you are hot on a trail, and if you offered $68.5 and it was verbally accepted (pending your viewing/inspection) you must be serious. Hence, I'll chime in w/a thought or three.
I think this red/red is very attractive. I've seen a red '05 w/tan interior and loved the red, but see, I am a "matching interior" dude with an orange/orange and a blue/blue. I'll echo many posters above me who have furnished great insights for you.
When we purchased our 2005 LBBP auto, it was a lease turn-in to the original Acura dealer with (get this! :biggrin::eek::biggrin: ) 2,872 miles and three oil changes on it. This was 2/2008, when prices were much higher than now. Chose to purchase Acura certified, and agreed to pop an extra $1,000 to land it that way. We wanted the security of knowing if something catastrophic happened, we would hopefully have some amount of "insurance." That said, YES, I am sure we overpaid for this virgin NSX. But at that time, how many other auto NSX's '02 and newer with some amount of warranty were we going to find? In retrospect two plus years later I/we are delighted! We got what we wanted, and what we paid for.
So putting a wrap on it, if this red/red trips your trigger (sure does me!) and all is right with the vehicle, you, and your wallet, grab it now and don't look back.
Good luck and post up to let us all know your progress, please.

Alright guys just to keep you updated. I have yet to make it out there to see the car in person as I have been so busy with work. Its also 800 miles away I live in Phoenix. I also want a really good rate for the loan of the remainder monies owed (credit union). I happened to stumble across a black on black 04 located at mike harvey acura that has only 8,000 miles on it. I remember seeing that listed a while ago. Before I pull the trigger on the red one does anyone know anything about this car? here . 04 -05 Black/Black and Red/Red were my only considerations for choosing. This car is only 59k I am checking the certification on it as well.

If you do go with the Red/Red, and all service work was done at that dealership, I would get a copy of the document where the error occured for my peace of mind and future resale.

It sounds like you have some more looking to do.

I like that black/black, seems like a good deal considering the miles. BUY IT, before I do!!:biggrin:

Alright guys just to keep you updated. I have yet to make it out there to see the car in person as I have been so busy with work. Its also 800 miles away I live in Phoenix. I also want a really good rate for the loan of the remainder monies owed (credit union). I happened to stumble across a black on black 04 located at mike harvey acura that has only 8,000 miles on it. I remember seeing that listed a while ago. Before I pull the trigger on the red one does anyone know anything about this car? here . 04 -05 Black/Black and Red/Red were my only considerations for choosing. This car is only 59k I am checking the certification on it as well.

I wasn't going to say anything about this but imho, saving almost 10k is worth it. I say you're getting the same car minus the 05 date. I'd opt for lower bucks. I don't particularly like either color but that's just me - I'm sure they're both nice cars - I'd just have a tough time with the red interior myself.

Alright guys just to keep you updated. I have yet to make it out there to see the car in person as I have been so busy with work. Its also 800 miles away I live in Phoenix...

Maybe you want to keep it a secret, but where is the red on red NSX loacted? You might be able to have someone here on Prime look it over for you.

there is an 05 blk/blk in the for sale section and also i think the same car on ebay for a 60k BIN or 50k first bid with NR.

good luck, if i wanted black i would have been all over that one...

Wow, I've never seen pictures of red on red NSX :eek:

Are you planning to drive your future NSX everyday? If so, purchase higher mileage NSX. As a garage queen, it's impossible to go wrong with lower mileage NSX (red on red) due to resell.

Best wishes on your purchase :)

It sounds like you have some more looking to do.

+1. IMHO you are paying $3.5k too much for the car and you should ask them to throw in the extended warranty!! Red/Red is an aquired taste with a limited market. They need to be more flexible.:wink:

I totally agree... even if you have a ton of money paying that much for a date is just nonsense.

I wasn't going to say anything about this but imho, saving almost 10k is worth it. I say you're getting the same car minus the 05 date. I'd opt for lower bucks. I don't particularly like either color but that's just me - I'm sure they're both nice cars - I'd just have a tough time with the red interior myself.

Reading this thread makes me realize how much the NSX is holding its value. I haven't checked them in awhile but assumed they were plummeting with the economy. I bought my 04 RY/Black with about 8900 miles in Oct 08 for the same price as that Blk/blk 04 with 8k miles (actually slightly less). And I thought I had negotiated a great deal--but no depreciation in 1.5 years? Unless that guy drops a lot from asking.

I really didn't think these things were going to appreicate any time soon but I may be wrong.

I'm in favor of the red/red if money is not an issue. I'm biased to matching color cars too.

Here is my $.02 :cool:

If the day after you buy the car you plan to take it to Love Fab or Science of Speed then go with the Black. There are plenty of black NSX's in comparison to red/red.

There are far less red/red and it will need to be kept stock and pristine for the NSX PRIME archive museum for future admirer's to view.

The following is a short story:
I had a completely stock 1963 VW Type III fastback given to me by my grandparents...... 2 months after I got it, I slammed it, tinted the windows and put some crazy stereo in it...... the hard core VW fans wanted to kill me!!! Moral of my story.... Don't ruin the red/red. :wink:

I totally agree... even if you have a ton of money paying that much for a date is just nonsense.

While I agree $10k is a big difference, there was more different between these two cars than JUST the date.

I think most people here agree that the 05s will ultimately HOLD value better than the rest.

But I could be biased because I spent more to find a pristine 05 compared to looking at others.

The last edition of something that is quality & no longer made is always more desirable to those who know...........

Saving a few dollars to "almost get there" usually doesn't get the return in the long run.

The last edition of something that is quality & no longer made is always more desirable to those who know...........

Saving a few dollars to "almost get there" usually doesn't get the return in the long run.

But Steve, you gotta say that it depends on what you're looking for out of a car. A collectors piece or a driver. If you are going to drive the car and put miles on it and keep it a long time - it really doesn't mean much to have the last year for a premium. I would surely say that side of the equation has merit. To those who know often equates to those that drive and put miles on or those that are waiting and believing that they have that elusive "collectors" piece many will want someday in the future. I wonder if that will really pan out in say 10 years- but it will always be the fact that a true low miler, one owner, last model will bring money - no doubt. Hey mine is the first year in Sebring silver - if it had 12k miles on it - it would be worth a lot more than it is with 45k on it and first and last years are big deals to some - not that many - collectors are few - drivers are many, imho.

Back