• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'05 NSX vs '97 F355

Maybe some day I'll have a Ferrari....

But can someone answer the question of the Fcar's maintenance challenges.

Is it a poorly built car? Are the parts just poor quality and they don't last long? Why are they so blasted expensive to keep running? Some of these posts make it sound like a Fcar is built like an old Fiat or Alfa.

My favorite part of your ebay listing: receipts in excess of $40,000 over past 24 months :eek:

V TACH said:
Again, thanks for all of the input. Coincidentally, I am currently selling the 355 that initiated this post...feel free to buy it now on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260057854192

item number: 260057854192

The Ferrari experience was great, I'm glad I got it out of my system. I recently purchased a 993 C4S and it's currently getting all of my attention while I eagerly await the next generation NSX.

ANYTIME said:
My favorite part of your ebay listing: receipts in excess of $40,000 over past 24 months :eek:

No question that the Ferrari's operating costs are through the roof! Fortunately, a majority of that $40k was spent by the previos owner. However, I did spend more on the Ferrari in less than 1 year than on all of my prior cars combined! I do feel the car is well sorted now. Man, the price you have to pay to hear that TUBI scream! I completely agree with the drivability factor of the NSX. Sometimes I wonder why I had more fun in my old 996 and NSX than in the Ferrari and the answer is simple--I drove them more! I had to buy the Ferrari to satisfy my curiousity...now that it's out of the way, I don't feel the need to run to another F-car for a little while. I will miss the rush of accelerating on an on ramp with the 355, but for me, the practicality of some other vehicles balances out the comprimise in exhiliration.

Wow thats quick! I guess you did get it out of your system huh? hehe :tongue:

I would say get the F355, only if money is no issue to you. But then again, if you're already at that level, why get an F355 when you get get a Lamborghini?

As much as I love ferraris, and have chased them for many years and droooled over them! I would keep my nsx, and when I have the money, I would buy an f430 or atleast an 02+ fcar where you do not have to spend as much money on maintence. If you ever do buy an fcar, make sure you drive it enough to pay for the maintence, too many ppl buy them, do not drive them enough and still have to keep them up on maintence, just shelling out the money to hold on to a trophy.. You gotta pay to play, but drive it til the wheels fall off!

V TACH said:
As for the Ferrari, I can't decide if the Italian mystique is worth pain that comes with owning it.

To give yourself a little preview of the pain you'll suffer if you buy one of those Italian pieces of junk try this. Insert a glass dowel up into your pee pee hole then bend your penis at a 90 degree angle. Owning the Ferrari wll hurt more.

Hugh said:
To give yourself a little preview of the pain you'll suffer if you buy one of those Italian pieces of junk try this. Insert a glass dowel up into your pee pee hole then bend your penis at a 90 degree angle. Owning the Ferrari wll hurt more.

Ouch!!!! But did you lube the glass rod with peanut butter first?? :eek:

hofffam said:
Is it a poorly built car? Are the parts just poor quality and they don't last long? Why are they so blasted expensive to keep running? Some of these posts make it sound like a Fcar is built like an old Fiat or Alfa.

Isn't Ferrari owned by Fiat?

OMG, Thats a beautiful car.
c2_4.JPG

Hugh said:

Then Ferrari ownership must hurt so good! Maybe it's like rough sex with an expensive dominatrix. :tongue:

Hugh said:

God Dammit Hugh, you know I am hurting just reading this... very unpleasant feeling generated just through imagining this... please don't do that again.

ANYTIME said:
It shoud read: The difference between a modded NSX and a F355 is <s>not to great</s> HUGE. Ask me how I know :biggrin:

There IS a huge difference between a modded NSX and 355.

The feel driving each is very different to me .I prefer the 355 and thats why
I sold both the NSX's.

This does NOT mean at all I don't love the NSX I actually am concidering another soon.I just feel more connected to the car in MY355 which is exactly what I want on Friday night.The NSX is more comfitorable in some ways but I "fit" inside the 355 better .It feels more nimble and fits my driving style better.

I can'not say some of the style may be connected to my F-1 shifter. Mine is a 99 355 F-1 GTS.
As we all know NOONE beats the NSX stick (I don't think I'd feel very comfitorable w/ Ferrari's gated shifter.)

GET BOTH !!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Back