• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/4 mile time

Just went to Sacramento raceway this past sat.Car is a 91 with h/e.My best time was 13.71 @ 107mph.I thought it was pretty good seeing how Ive never been to a track before.I'm sure the car could be faster with a better driver.

Just went to Sacramento raceway this past sat.Car is a 91 with h/e.My best time was 13.71 @ 107mph.I thought it was pretty good seeing how Ive never been to a track before.I'm sure the car could be faster with a better driver.

13.71 for a 91 isn't too shabby. What kind of mods do you have? what is your 60ft time?

Thanks.Yea once I get the car going it goes.Its my 60 foot time that sucks.Not sure what it was since they stopped printing 60 foot times but I do spin and Im sure the 19in Volk dont help.As for power wise just H/E

Last edited:
Yes - I'm bumping this thread rather than creating a new one on the same topic. :)

If the time for a '97-05 6-speed 3.2-liter NSX-T is 13.3, what kind of impact would an intake and exhaust make on this car? The butt-dyno feels a difference, but I'm curious to know what that would equate to (roughly) on the 1/4.

On my Dynolicious app on iPhone. I got 12.83 on my 1/4 miles. 4.76 on nil to 60. I heard it is very accurate.

Actually most Volk wheels are light. They come in at 17-19 lbs each. That is good. I don't think 19 inch wheels is your problem but your tires mean a lot. If you have all season or even T1R tires they just don't compete. However, doing sticky starts and clutch drops can toast your rear end. I have seen some nasty accidents with cars. Some just aren't meant to drag race.

I have some heavy 17x8 and 18x10 Volk AV3 wheels with header, exhaust, stock intake with Cantrell AIS and Unifilter, short gears, lightweight flywheel, performance clutch and all I can run is a best of 13.258 @106.335mph with a 0-60' time of 2.067. Only weight reduction was no spare tire and no tool kit. This was at Sacramento Raceway on 10/24/03.

I had 18/19 GT-7 wheels with all seazon tires, ARK DT-S exhaust, cantrell headers, stock cats and did 1.9 0-60, 13.02 at 109mph. My nsx had 270 rwhp at this time. 2003 nsx na2.

Last edited:
I had 18/19 GT-7 wheels with all seazon tires, ARK DT-S exhaust, cantrell headers, stock cats and did 1.9 0-60, 13.02 at 109mph. My nsx had 270 rwhp at this time. 2003 nsx na2.

Just by looking at your 60ft time and Litespeeds. Both your cars are 12 sec cars.

Did two 0-60 runs today:

•• First: 4.87 sec.

•• Second: 5.00 sec. flat

.... launching @ 5.500 rpm's both times ... i did a video, i'll post some day ....

car has ark dts + pipes + I removed a lot of extra weight ... some day i'll bring to the track for a 1/4 ... the problem is that is south FL you need to drive like 1.5 hour to get to the closest track .. :(

Oscar

I was thinking of going to a drag strip just for fun. But 5.5k rpm launch? That's gonna kill my clutch :frown:

It's really the only way to launch on street tires. If you have slicks you would probably want to launch higher. My best 60ft was 1.5 sling shot baby.. But it wasn't my NSX. I should go see what a 100% bone stock motor could do. :biggrin:

clocked by GPS = 4.98, by video 5.0 (original video: 19:20, 24:20)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This is the one i did in 5.0, to triple check i did a silly hand wave, but I think I was off by .3 b/c I am no FLASH lol

Last edited:
clocked by GPS = 4.98, by video 5.0 (original video: 19:20, 24:20)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This is the one i did in 5.0, to triple check i did a silly hand wave, but I think I was off by .3 b/c I am no FLASH lol

Ouch, I feel sorry for that clutch! I bet it smelled pretty good, from how badly you burned it off the line. The Clutch, that is... :wink:

Nice run. If you got your 60' down to 2.0 you would have ran a 12.9 so that is a very strong NA1...... or is yours a NA2? I dont know.

Nice run. If you got your 60' down to 2.0 you would have ran a 12.9 so that is a very strong NA1...... or is yours a NA2? I dont know.

2000 (NA2). Had a full tank of gas too (didn't know I would be taking it to the strip :tongue:).

It was fun, but an awful lot of waiting for 13 seconds. Same reason I don't like autocross. Think I will stick to the road course.

Last edited:
Back