• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

14.025 @ 101.77mph :(

ak

Legendary Member
60' = 2.193
330'= 6.030
1/8 = 9.134
MPH = 79.76
1000= 11.792
1/4 = 14.025
MPH = 101.77

It kinda sucks cuz I was hoping for mid-high 13's. The temp was around 80-85F, pretty damn good weather. My launching technique is a joke though...I tried dropping the clutch at 3krpm for first couple runs and ended up bogging, so the next few times I slipped the clutch at 3k. Either way, with better driver, my car should be capable of 13.8 or so...but I wish I could have pulled it today! Any suggestion as to how to launch? My car is bone stock btw...didn't even play with the tire pressure. I guess I could have done better if I lowered the tire pressure to 20psi or something. Well, maybe.

When people say dumping clutch, how much gas should I give when dropping. I tried dropping it at 4krpm, did full throttle, and my tires spun like it was on ice!

Originally posted by ak:
When people say dumping clutch, how much gas should I give when dropping. I tried dropping it at 4krpm, did full throttle, and my tires spun like it was on ice!

Yes, lower your tire pressure. And, as soon as you let the clutch out you should be able to floor it. If your spinning the tires too much, your either at too high an rpm or you didn't heat your tires up enough. You'll be very suprised at the traction generated by hot tires. Just drive through the water box, bring up the revs in second gear, pop the clutch, floor it, and step on the brake with your left foot (that will keep the car from rolling while your burning the tires). Do your burn out until you see smoke, then stop you burn out and just roll up to the line.

Also, you'll find that a bog results in a faster 60' time then spinning too much.

When you get it right, you should be at about a 2.0 second 60' time which will pay dividends all the way down the track. This would probably result in a 13.7 @ 103 mph.

By the way, do you have any mods?

[This message has been edited by dswartz (edited 11 June 2001).]

Back