• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

15 Years, 4 Months, 100k miles driven

July 16th, 2002, we purchased Blue, drove it off the showroom floor with 32 miles on the odometer. At the time our oldest just turned 2, our youngest was 11 months.
15 years, 4 months, 10 days later, I have driven the Best car ever made 100,000 very happy miles. :)

Here's to the next 100,000

Blue 4.jpg

Blue 2.jpg

Blue 3.jpg

Last edited:
We were young then! :wink:

Milestone post - thanks for that.
NSX's rule. :biggrin:

Bless you and your family.

Did you drive the initial 32 miles?

:cool:

Actually no; I assume part of the initial 32 miles were driven by the test driver in Japan. I do know my car was part of the 2002 Auto show for Acura; which is pretty cool. Other than that, when Blue was delivered to Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs, it was immediately moved to their showroom. At that time, Pikes Peak Acura had a new Silver and LBB on their showroom. My Wife picked the color :) :)

Congratulations!!! There is no destination just this wonderful journey, what a car to do it in!

Thank you! I could not agree more!

Congratulations!! Amazing story. Can’t believe time flies so fast and the kids are grown yet we haven’t. ��

Many happy more miles! BTW my new 96 was delivered with 32 miles....

One thing I forgot to mention, Blue is still on the Original Clutch. Any ideas how long the original clutch can last ?
i.e. am I looking at possibly another 10, 20, 30k miles out of it ?

Actually no; I assume part of the initial 32 miles were driven by the test driver in Japan. I do know my car was part of the 2002 Auto show for Acura; which is pretty cool. Other than that, when Blue was delivered to Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs, it was immediately moved to their showroom. At that time, Pikes Peak Acura had a new Silver and LBB on their showroom. My Wife picked the color :) :)

I think we had bbq lunch together last year after leaving Pikes Peak Acura for a mini meet. I was travelling cross country at the time. Didnt see your cars, but next time Im out that way Id love to!! Hope all is well!!

Congratulations on the milestone Joe!!

Kids look like they're doing great!

Hopefully we'll meet up again sooner than later (it's been a while).

Congratulations on the milestone Joe!!

Kids look like they're doing great!

Hopefully we'll meet up again sooner than later (it's been a while).

Thank you! Been too long. Hope we can see you two next year some time. :)

Beautiful car.. congratulations!

33962f0cd843dbb61a960dd356c9d211.jpg

I snapped a pic at 66,666.6mi not too long ago, and I can't wait to add lots more. [emoji3]

Congrats, nice to have it from new, we're at 98,000, 4th owner, and my Dragon Lady is driven regularly. Best car ever! I'll keep it till I can't get in. Know that I can always get out, just open the door and fall out, someone will pick me up.
One of the best driving trips we've taken was bringing it back from Boston. 1206 miles in 2 days and flawless performance, through the Berkshires, finger lakes, and a lot of chances to use the power.
Blessings,
D

All,

Thank you for the very kind words!

Donk,
I know the feeling as we have taken Blue cross-country 5 times; it's such an amazing car on so many levels. Makes roads trips so much more enjoyable. :) :)

Back