• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 NSX alarm issue

1992 NSX alarm issue <o:p></o:p>
13 days to spring J<o:p></o:p>
I just noticed that the red light by the lock button on my driver side door is not lighting up. <o:p></o:p>
Before I set the alarm off in error, has anyone else had this issue and if so, can anyone tell me what to be checking for like a fuse or something like that.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks <o:p></o:p>

Have you ever had the interior door panel off if so you may have not plugged it back in.

there are switches that need to be closed for the light to activate, like both doors closed, trunk closed, engine glass closed, and hood closed.
now if all of these are for sure closed then one of the switches are bad. most likey the hood switch I have seen those rust out pretty good.
and the engine glass switch I have seen them rust out.

not saying this is the problem but common.

also check the fuse under the glovebox its a fuse that is connected to the alarm harness.

an easy check to see if the alarm is working is roll the windows down and lock the car with the key, then reach in and pull the lock arm up factory alarm should go off, so you will know if your OEM alarm is working then its a switch good luck

Check your battery like Tony Montoya says. When I first got my car the remote wouldn't lock the car. The indicator light for the rear glass was illuminated even though it seemed to be latched properly. Checked the connector, adjusted the latch, changed the battery in the remote, still couldn't get the hatch indicator light to go out, or get the doors to lock. I knew the battery was not a 100%, so I got a new one. Problem solved, hatch indicator light went out and doors locked with the remote.

Thank you Tony and King.
i did check the battery and its 100 %. I have had it on a charger but wanted to check so i took it to autozone today and had them check it to .

Back