• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 Questions for the Board

First, my car is a little sluggish from start (almost stalling when starting up a hill). I am thinking my RM Racing intake needs a new filter, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, my two vents get heavy condensation when the A/C is on full blast. I've owned many cars, but I've never seen this before. It gets so much that it drips onto the middle console. Is something wrong or is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

David.

David, I used to have that problem with the A/C... Problem most likely (unless you're driving it in a FL rainstorm all the time) is that the drain tube underneath is clogged. If you can put the car on the lift there's a rubber tube that exits the bottom of the firewall, underneat where the A/C unit is inside. From the inside, you can see it behind the unit, just to the left of the sub.

Best way is to run a small, flexible, but not sharp, probe up from underneath. Something like the cable from a bicycle brake wire. Hopefully that'll dislodge anything stuck and clogging it. You probably also have it blowing on your feet when you direct cold air down there as well, right?

Don in Heidelberg

Thanks, Don. I think that was it: clog in the drain tube. I did get some water flush when I ran a snake up the drain tube, and no moisture tonight. Thanks again.

Back