• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca

My wife and I are in!:smile:
We're leaving the 3 kids with grandma for the weekend.
We are planning on leaving Friday morning and maybe
joining tk at the Days Inn.

When is the parade lap? Sunday?

Where do you get the car cleaned up? I'm sure the car will be filthy after the long drive and I want to clean her up before the corral parking.

Can't wait. This should be fun!

Hi Perry,

Sounds like a lot of fun! Wish i could join you guys.
Unfortunately looks I wont get a chance in getting a ticket after all. I paid my NSXCA club renewal fees as per the NSXCA instruction last July 7 and up to now I haven't received any confirmation nor ticket ordering info. Also I already emailed Tom K. with my email adress last July 11.

My wife and I are in!:smile:
We're leaving the 3 kids with grandma for the weekend.
We are planning on leaving Friday morning and maybe
joining tk at the Days Inn.

When is the parade lap? Sunday?

Where do you get the car cleaned up? I'm sure the car will be filthy after the long drive and I want to clean her up before the corral parking.

Can't wait. This should be fun!

Hey Henry,
Crossing my fingers for you.
Maybe you can try Ken Sax about the tickets.
You have PM.
Perry

Hey Henry,
Crossing my fingers for you.
Maybe you can try Ken Sax about the tickets.
You have PM.
Perry
Just FYI - Tom and I have been working together on registering people for this event, including communicating with everyone throughout this process. Send your questions and signups to [email protected] (which actually reaches both of us) and we'll get back to you.

(Most of you probably already knew this, but I just didn't want anyone to think they could "go around" anything that Tom says by contacting me instead.)

Ken,
I do know that you and Tom are working together on this, (and a BIG thanks to both of you !!) that's why when I do email, I address it to both of you.
I just saw Henry's post and he did say that he emailed tk
before and I just suggested that he contact you to increase his chances to get tickets.
You guys are doing a beautiful job! :smile:
Thanks again,
Perry

I've been working with the Hilton Sales Director on getting a group rate for the weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn, but I've found that it's better (less expensive) for each of us to book our rooms individually instead of going in on a group rate. I know, it sounds strange, but the group rates are higher and one of us would have to sign a contract to gaurantee at least 10 rooms. So, instead of a group booking, go ahead and reserve your own room if you want to stay at this hotel.

Here is what you should do if you want to get a room at the Hilton Garden Inn Monterey:
1. Go directly to the reservation website for the hotel: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...MHGI&WT.srch=1

2. Select your dates for check in and check out. NOTE: If you check in on Thursday night vs. Friday night, your per night rate is significantly lower (by that, I mean $70/night lower; so it might make sense to come in on Thursday and take advantage of the extra day - it's like getting the Thursday for almost free vs coming on Friday).

Current rates as of this morning (they seem to change often and as the date gets closer, they go up):

Prepay check in Thursday/ Check out Sunday: $152/night
Not prepaid check in Thursday /Check out Sunday: $169/night

Prepay check in Friday / Check out Sunday: $215/night
Not prepaid check in Friday / Check out Sunday: $239/night.

I've reserved a room w/ check in on Thursday and I've talked w/ a handful of others who have as well.

They do offer rooms w/ two beds, so if some of you want to share a room, that's also an option.

These rates are pretty good for a Hilton property in Monterey. In fact, I hear that Hilton employees can't even get discounted rates for that weekend due to the race.

Again - if you want a room at this hotel, go to the website and reserve a room.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...MHGI&WT.srch=1

This way you have a good chance to gaurantee a room. Should you find a better deal later, just cancel this reservation before 72 hours of arrival.

These rates are pretty good and if several of us stay at this same hotel, I think we will have a lot of fun (plus we can help each other w/ quick clean up/detail of our cars).

For anyone still comptemplating going to the Monterey Sports Car Championships and attending the Acura Hospitality tent and parking in the corral, we have ONE ticket left. After that one is sold, names will be placed on the wait list. Order now or miss the biggest NSX party on the west coast this year!

Tom

Just booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn for Friday & Saturday. See you all there.:smile:

Reselling tickets:

Just so everyone knows, The tickets come with an ID package for the person that purchased the tickets. If you sell them or give them to someone else, we will not have that person in the database as the owner of the tickets. The credentials package that get mailed next month to the purchaser will not match the name of the person.

We have a wait list of people that want the tickets for this event. If you do not need your tickets, the club will gladly refund your purchase price and sell them to the next person on the wait list.

Tom<!-- / message -->

Some good news. Because of the high demand for tickets to the Monterey Sports Car Championships Acura NSX Corral IMSA has agreed to up the number of participants that we can have. They have raised the number of cars from 100 to 150 and the number of participants from 200 to 300.

If we can get all 150 spaces filled, this will be the biggest gathering of NSX's since NSXPO 2003, possibly since NSXPO '99. Something you do not want to miss!

If you have not signed up yet, do so soon as I will be closing registration on September 10th so that there is sufficient time to make all of the final arrangements.

Clear your calendars and come to the party.

If you are not an NSXCA member PM me and I will give you the information on how to join the club and purchase tickets.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

This week’s update

With the expanded limit on the number of tickets, we are at 104 NSX drivers that have put their orders in with 2 more in the works. Only 4 weeks left to get your order in.

The other bit of news was that IMSA, given our increased participation, was going to see if Laguna Seca would up the parade lap participation from 50 cars to 100. Once I know that final number, I will be working on the parade lap sign ups.

I will be contacting those that have signed up soon to verify addresses for mailing tickets and credentials. I will also be asking for the names of all of guests that will be accompanying you so I can get their credentials done as well.

If you have not signed up yet, time to move. Just tell your kid the wedding will have to wait, tell the wife that there will be another anniversary next year, and come to Monterey.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

The other bit of news was that IMSA, given our increased participation, was going to see if Laguna Seca would up the parade lap participation from 50 cars to 100. Once I know that final number, I will be working on the parade lap sign ups.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I was under the impression that all of our NSX's could be part of the parade lap. This doesn't appear to be the case from your note.

As a result, will there be any priority given to parade lap participation based on the order of initial payment and sign-up, or will this be the usual Prime "sprint to the forum post list" to sign up? :wink:

I agree with Dave, that seems like a fair and reasonable method if the parade lap is restricted.

Ryan

This week’s update

With the expanded limit on the number of tickets, we are at 104 NSX drivers that have put their orders in with 2 more in the works. Only 4 weeks left to get your order in.

I will be contacting those that have signed up soon to verify addresses for mailing tickets and credentials. I will also be asking for the names of all of guests that will be accompanying you so I can get their credentials done as well.

If you have not signed up yet, time to move. Just tell your kid the wedding will have to wait, tell the wife that there will be another anniversary next year, and come to Monterey.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

Hi Tom,

How are you going to choose who will go on the parade lap? Are you going to give the first people to sign up first shot?

Thanks,

Dennis

wow nice turn out.

me and my buddies will be going also.

are you guys camping out at the camp grounds?? maybe we can get togeather and drink tillt he sun comes up:smile:

Hi Tom,

How are you going to choose who will go on the parade lap? Are you going to give the first people to sign up first shot?
I don't speak for Tom, and we haven't discussed this. But I'm going to make a wild-assed guess that he's going to wait until the sign-up deadline and see how many people and cars are registered before he makes that decision. :wink:

I don't speak for Tom, and we haven't discussed this. But I'm going to make a wild-assed guess that he's going to wait until the sign-up deadline and see how many people and cars are registered before he makes that decision. :wink:

I signed up and paid at 9:03am CST on the 1st day we could. I'll be on vacation and most likely "off the grid" the entire week of 9/10, so I'm going to miss Tom's announcement if it comes after 9/10. I'd really hate to be penalized for not being online to "get in on the lap", when I'm probably (I can only guess) one of the first 50 folks that paid. :confused:

We are still at 104 cars and well over 200 people for this event. I was hoping that we would get at least another 20 by now to put more pressure on Laguna Seca to up the parade lap numbers. For those that are anxiously waiting to find out about the parade lap, nothing is happening this week because the track is tied up with the historics. Once they recover from that discussion will start again.

If you are thinking about signing up, or you know someone else that might be interested, get the orders in. The more cars we have signed up, the more likely we can get the parade lap numbers up.

Once I know what the final number is, I will start to work the parade lap participation and other details needed for credentials. Don't worry if you are not on-line the day I start to solicit input on the parade lap sign up, I will give everyone a reasonable amount of time to respond.

Tom

Don't worry if you are not on-line the day I start to solicit input on the parade lap sign up, I will give everyone a reasonable amount of time to respond.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate this (and of course everything you guys are doing to put this amazing event together).

Just a reminder that the registration for the October 20th Acura/ALMS event will close on Monday. I need to get final numbers to the organizers and Acura. If you are thinking about attending, you need to make a decision now!

After Monday, I will no longer be able to offer refunds for people that drop as we will be sending the money into Laguna Seca to purchase the tickets. I will keep a list of anyone that expresses interest in attending after Monday so if someone does need to back out, we can resell their tickets.

If for some reason you can not commit by Monday but are still interested, PM me right away.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep
NSXCA

I have sent out a email to everyone that has signed up for the ALMS event in October. The mail requests some specifics about the attendees and their guests. I need the responses back by Wednesday 9/19 so I can supply the information to the organizers. If you do not reply by then, you may not get fed.

Tom Kohrs
NW Regional Rep.
NSXCA

Back