• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to Z06, A Long Comparison

Yes it is 2010. So really the NSX should not be relevant in your review either cause it is no longer in production. So in essence you failed already if you want to make that excuse. Compare the Corvette to something else that is "2010" lol.

There's only one way to find out which is viewed as a better overall car and that's by third party. Just post in other forums and get their opinions if you are truly curious. Do it in say, a BMW, Infiniti/Nissan, Ford and Dodge forum. I am willing to bet the NSX will come out on top if you just ask which one would you rather own or ask simply which one is better(and specify as in not the same as being which one is solely faster)? Or better yet just post and ask about the people's feelings on the C6's interior and then squeeze in the NSX if you want lol. I will admit that I am wrong if the answer is otherwise.

I compared two cars at around the $50k price point. That is the most relevant comparison you can make as a consumer. What can I get and what type of overall driving and ownership experience does it offer for my hard earned dollar? I would compare it to a 2010 NSX but (a.) there is no such thing and (b.) the price/performance comparison would be even worse. I make it very clear in my first post what I view as the proper way to compare cars. Comparing based mainly on making sure they are the same model year makes very little sense.

Secondly, I couldn’t care less what the owners of the Ford, Dodge, or any other random forum think is the better overall car. For one, they most likely haven’t owned both like I have, so many of their assumptions are going to be plain wrong. Also, I really don’t care what they think. I bought this car for ME, not for Mr. Random Internet from the Dodge Neon forum. So your suggestion is frankly just bizarre to me, as I expect it would be to any true enthusiast. My car is not a bangle.

Z06/ZR1 - Latest technology? dry sump, exotic material, 2-Del West valves/cyl., push rod, big displacement, roots blower, etc. To me, exotic items are the ceramic brakes and the Mag. shocks.
If I am not wrong, GM only developed the magnetic shocks not the ceramic brakes.
I am not a hardcore Vett guy so IMO what GM did was to soup up the existing Corvette platform-bigger is better - and gave it a different name and price only hardcore Vett guys can appreciate.

I drove a C6 and it had plenty of torque vs the NSX. Its a really fast muscle car that handles well. The NSX is a different kind of car.
there are just too many Vetts out there, ZO6/ZR1 or not.

Ck out post#64
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139876&page=3

The Z06 is not just a base model with a 7 liter engine dropped in it. If you’re interested in educating yourself on the Z06, you can start with reading a bit about it here.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/index.shtml
http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2011/corvettez06/overview.do

I think he mentioned as did others is that they look just like the other 12,000 vettes on the road and that ruins their "coolness" to most people who can't tell the difference between the two...It is the reason I would take an NSX over a Z06 everyday....Sometimes the "it" factor outways performance when it comes to cars....

The Vette is a fantastic car. Best daily driver sports car ever IMO. I had no rattles and no issues after nearly 4 years. Great car.

That being said, it was never exotic. That is what I missed about the NSX.

Agree completely. I think that is the one reason above all others why NSX owners will stay NSX owners. The cache of belonging to a small group of "exotics". I prefer the superior driving experience to the ego fluffing myself, but to each his own.

The longer this thread goes on the more it proves me absolutely correct on the points I've made.

Which is exactly what I am talking about. This thread is not about all Corvette's, only Z06's. You just supplied ALL numbers, so what you supplied is useless. In 2010 they made 12,194 total, and only 518 of them were Z06's. That is exactly my point I made in the post above.

If you've seen one Corvette , you've seen them all. :tongue:

Except mine :wink:
Jack

What happened? Economy? Only sold half as many in 09?

Roger, that market is flooded with so many used C6s for sale that you would have to be an idiot, fool or both to blow money on a brand new one and that includes the Z06.

Jack

NSX - designed and built using late 1980' technology: 4-valve, Vtec, Ti-Rod,Alum, F1 inspired, MR, almost 100hp/lit...you know the rest....set a new standard for exotic car. Gordon Murray thinks so.

Z06/ZR1 - Latest technology? dry sump, exotic material, 2-Del West valves/cyl., push rod, big displacement, roots blower, etc. To me, exotic items are the ceramic brakes and the Mag. shocks.
If I am not wrong, GM only developed the magnetic shocks not the ceramic brakes.....

Z06: The crankshaft and main bearing caps are forged steel for durability, the connecting rods are forged titanium. Intake valves are titanium and Exhaust are sodium filled. The frame of the Z06 is constructed from aluminum, saving 136 pounds over the standard steel frame. Other weight saving measures such as balsa wood/carbon fiber composite floors and a magnesium alloy engine cradle were used.

Z06: The crankshaft and main bearing caps are forged steel for durability, the connecting rods are forged titanium. Intake valves are titanium and Exhaust are sodium filled. The frame of the Z06 is constructed from aluminum, saving 136 pounds over the standard steel frame. Other weight saving measures such as balsa wood/carbon fiber composite floors and a magnesium alloy engine cradle were used.

Exactly! The Vett suppose to be the flagship for american sportscar but a lot of these mods are afterthought/hot rodding ideas that goes back a long way although nicely done. Ti valve and sodium valve have long drag racing history.

The design of the block and heads are basically the same since day one except adding two side bolts for the block to make it 6-main and constantly re-arranging the valve angles/size to get better flow from the dog-leg chamber but overhead cam and 4-valves are much more efficient. If GM redesign the crank to make it 180, that would be something to note but then it won't have the NASCAR burrrr sound....granted they finally made the head and block out of alum., re-position the gearbox to the rear. Dry sump has been around a long time but not many people are willing to pay the extra cost except the 500+ hardcore Vett guys.
but more importantly, is the engine lowered accordingly and the gearbox/clutch redesigned to take advantage the lower CG? I am not sure but I hope so.

I wish our NSX had a dry sump but that would take a major redesign$$$$ for the rest of the drive train.

ZO6/ZR1 are evolved thru previous models....nothing wrong.
the NSX was design as it was meant to be. therefore, it was special from the beginning.
The Type-S, NSX-R, Zanardi special, Zero...etc are all based on the basic NSX with its own variations.

I compared two cars at around the $50k price point. That is the most relevant comparison you can make as a consumer. What can I get and what type of overall driving and ownership experience does it offer for my hard earned dollar? I would compare it to a 2010 NSX but (a.) there is no such thing and (b.) the price/performance comparison would be even worse. I make it very clear in my first post what I view as the proper way to compare cars. Comparing based mainly on making sure they are the same model year makes very little sense.

Secondly, I couldn’t care less what the owners of the Ford, Dodge, or any other random forum think is the better overall car. For one, they most likely haven’t owned both like I have, so many of their assumptions are going to be plain wrong. Also, I really don’t care what they think. I bought this car for ME, not for Mr. Random Internet from the Dodge Neon forum. So your suggestion is frankly just bizarre to me, as I expect it would be to any true enthusiast. My car is not a bangle.

I'm glad you bought the car for you. No one is arguing that fact. I am discussing the fact that the Z06 is a car that is NOT OVERALL superior to the NSX and the key point is that the NSX has a better interior than the Corvette. Performance is the only category it trails by, I agree with you on that point. Still, majority of people will agree that the NSX is a better and more desirable car than the Corvette. What I am discussing needs multiple human input.

Car enthusiasts will tell you. So what if they never owned one? I and many others would own a C6 too if we could force ourselves to deal with the plain so-so Chevy interior and then not to mention my aunt and girl's father drives one also. Just about every tenured military consumer around here owns one. Base Corvette or Z06? It does not matter. One performs far better than the other, but they both look so similar, because in fact they are in essence the same car. I think some of these Z06 owners fell for that salemen pitch a bit too hard when they were looking at the Z06. If the Z06 was radically different and had a much better designed interior and exterior, then we would have a winner! Unfortunately it does not and so that is why the Z06 is still lumped in with the numerous base model that run rampant across the nation. Great business move on Chevy's part, bad stigma for the owners to deal with.

So again, sheer performance is not enough to offset the fact that the Z06 is still built on an uneventful and unsophisticated interior layout/design. The form of the Corvette is good looking but far too abundant. The physical detail changes with the Z06 are not enough to trump the stigmas that still haunt the base C6s. Like I said earlier about your review, in reality it's Corvette with 1/3 categories won while NSX 2/3 categories won. That's exterior, interior and performance if you do not catch on. For some people having slightly better than average exterior and interior with fantastic perfomance is enough, especially when the price is cheaper than usual.

I'm glad you bought the car for you. No one is arguing that fact. I am discussing the fact that the Z06 is a car that is NOT OVERALL superior to the NSX and the key point is that the NSX has a better interior than the Corvette. Performance is the only category it trails by, I agree with you on that point. Still, majority of people will agree that the NSX is a better and more desirable car than the Corvette. What I am discussing needs multiple human input.

Car enthusiasts will tell you. So what if they never owned one? I and many others would own a C6 too if we could force ourselves to deal with the plain so-so Chevy interior and then not to mention my aunt and girl's father drives one also. Just about every tenured military consumer around here owns one. Base Corvette or Z06? It does not matter. One performs far better than the other, but they both look so similar, because in fact they are in essence the same car. I think some of these Z06 owners fell for that salemen pitch a bit too hard when they were looking at the Z06. If the Z06 was radically different and had a much better designed interior and exterior, then we would have a winner! Unfortunately it does not and so that is why the Z06 is still lumped in with the numerous base model that run rampant across the nation. Great business move on Chevy's part, bad stigma for the owners to deal with.

So again, sheer performance is not enough to offset the fact that the Z06 is still built on an uneventful and unsophisticated interior layout/design. The form of the Corvette is good looking but far too abundant. The physical detail changes with the Z06 are not enough to trump the stigmas that still haunt the base C6s. Like I said earlier about your review, in reality it's Corvette with 1/3 categories won while NSX 2/3 categories won. That's exterior, interior and performance if you do not catch on. For some people having slightly better than average exterior and interior with fantastic perfomance is enough, especially when the price is cheaper than usual.

I completely disagree with you on these points. The Z06 is radically different, in materials used and exterior. The interior is a push between the NSX and Z06. The NSX has some better materials used in the dash and door panels (unless you are looking at the top of the line 4LT interior in the Z06 and then the Z06 has the better interior), but the Z06 has a more updated feel to it with better gauges, navigation, etc.

A true car enthusiast would respect both for what they are, as I do. Instead there are a few owners of every type car that see it as "just another vette", which it is a LONG way from that, and an ignorant statement overall. I think part of it stems from the fact that it outperforms any car in its price range and a lot out of its price range.

I asked a question in an earlier post on the last page that has not been answered, so I will ask it again:

If they made a base NSX, with say a 4 cylinder, smaller tires/brakes, no aluminum frame, etc, would you still drive your current model of the NSX? My answer of course is, hell yes! I enjoy the car for what it is, not because of the number produced or other models available.

Last edited:
Interior and exterior is all subjective. What's nicer and better looking to you may not be to someone else. If we all liked the same thing, that would make for a boring world.

Wow. Pony likey.

That first color combination is gorgeous. The black looks ok. So that's the answer for the interior polish and seat issues. Wonder how the fit b/t parts is?

Caravaggio makes some absolutely beautiful custom leather interiors. I haven't seen them in person but they look fantastic online. But to take a look at a factory option, this is what my interior looks like. It is a full leather wrap (although not Nappa leather quality for sure, as previously mentioned), the stitching is a nice detail (although I'm not a huge fan of the Corvette stitching on the passenger glove box), but overall I find it aesthetically pleasing, more functional than the NSX, and with modern amenities that the NSX lacks. That's why I rated it superior.

DSC03545.jpg

I completely disagree with you on these points. The Z06 is radically different, in materials used and exterior. The interior is a push between the NSX and Z06. The NSX has some better materials used in the dash and door panels (unless you are looking at the top of the line 4LT interior in the Z06 and then the Z06 has the better interior), but the Z06 has a more updated feel to it with better gauges, navigation, etc.

A true car enthusiast would respect both for what they are, as I do. Instead there are a few owners of every type car that see it as "just another vette", which it is a LONG way from that, and an ignorant statement overall. I think part of it stems from the fact that it outperforms any car in its price range and a lot out of its price range.

I asked a question in an earlier post on the last page that has not been answered, so I will ask it again:

If they made a base NSX, with say a 4 cylinder, smaller tires/brakes, no aluminum frame, etc, would you still drive your current model of the NSX? My answer of course is, hell yes! I enjoy the car for what it is, not because of the number produced or other models available.

The "just another vette" is the stigma that will plague it until Chevy makes that radical change. Changes just by material and other performance parts is NOT ENOUGH to overcome the stigma evidently. I mean look at the pic Liquid posted. It's fine craftsmanship, and quite nice actually, but the issue is that it still working around a unsophisticated frame (as the original platform is just not articulated enough to be considered ART aka exciting and beautiful). You can slap some carbon fiber skin on some cheap rims, but they are still cheap rims. It's like a Chinese broadsword (Dao) vs a Japanese Katana. Both of these blades could have been forged by master craftsmen with the best material, but which design do you think is generally perceived as more beautiful and deemed as better?

You would have to invent your own design, as in new layout for the current Z06 to be up to par, but why bother because it would be a headache and really expensive (as if the current material change upgrades are not). Why didn't Chevy just get it right and not settle for good enough interior? It's alright, I hope they will with the next iteration, which is why I said better luck with the C7 or hopefully a truly dedicated model parrallel to the base Corvette. I am talking about changes in design like the difference between the Sky vs Solstice.

Learn from the current consensus. Nissan has learned from their bouts in the 90s of different performance trims stigma (Skylines and 300ZXs) and they eliminated it as far as their serious sport cars. Not to say that they are anything close to perfect either, but it's a nice idea to get rid of the lower performance model that looks the same when it comes to sport cars. If the performance difference is that drastic, I believe the car deserve its own indentity. Looking the same as the lesser model with a beefed up composition is not justified as a new identity! When you get stronger/fitter as a human being, does your body not change also?

I am being critical because as an enthusiast, I want to push for the best and not settle for decent. Chevy is on the right track with the Z06 and what I am saying is if they differentiate between the everyday common model and the upper, rarer model significantly, it would be a win/win situation. I mean the chasis is supposedly radically different by way of manufacturing, so WTH didnt you make it drastically different too, to make it truly special?! They already made the extra step to make the material exotic and offer some serious performance parts, why not just go the extra step and make a design more exotic too? Then they would have a completely balanced, godly vehicle. They have the capabilities of doing such a thing so they should do it for the Z06 or ZR1 cause I like many other were quite disappointed with the difference between the Z06 and ZR1 considering price displacement. I was expecting true exotic form cause I know the performance is there, but instead it was the same overused design with ever more material and performance part changes...

The "just another vette" is the stigma that will plague it until Chevy makes that radical change. Changes just by material and other performance parts is NOT ENOUGH to overcome the stigma evidently. I mean look at the pic Liquid posted. It's fine craftsmanship, and quite nice actually, but the issue is that it still working around a unsophisticated frame (as the original platform is just not articulated enough to be considered ART aka exciting and beautiful). You can slap some carbon fiber skin on some cheap rims, but they are still cheap rims. It's like a Chinese broadsword (Dao) vs a Japanese Katana. Both of these blades could have been forged by master craftsmen with the best material, but which design do you think is generally perceived as more beautiful and deemed as better?

You would have to invent your own design, as in new layout for the current Z06 to be up to par, but why bother because it would be a headache and really expensive (as if the current material change upgrades are not). Why didn't Chevy just get it right and not settle for good enough interior? It's alright, I hope they will with the next iteration, which is why I said better luck with the C7 or hopefully a truly dedicated model parrallel to the base Corvette. I am talking about changes in design like the difference between the Sky vs Solstice.

Learn from the current consensus. Nissan has learned from their bouts in the 90s of different performance trims stigma (Skylines and 300ZXs) and they eliminated it as far as their serious sport cars. Not to say that they are anything close to perfect either, but it's a nice idea to get rid of the lower performance model that looks the same when it comes to sport cars. If the performance difference is that drastic, I believe the car deserve its own indentity. Looking the same as the lesser model with a beefed up composition is not justified as a new identity! When you get stronger/fitter as a human being, does your body not change also?

I am being critical because as an enthusiast, I want to push for the best and not settle for decent. Chevy is on the right track with the Z06 and what I am saying is if they differentiate between the everyday common model and the upper, rarer model significantly, it would be a win/win situation. I mean the chasis is supposedly radically different by way of manufacturing, so WTH didnt you make it drastically different too, to make it truly special?! They already made the extra step to make the material exotic and offer some serious performance parts, why not just go the extra step and make a design more exotic too? Then they would have a completely balanced, godly vehicle. They have the capabilities of doing such a thing so they should do it for the Z06 or ZR1 cause I like many other were quite disappointed with the difference between the Z06 and ZR1 considering price displacement. I was expecting true exotic form cause I know the performance is there, but instead it was the same overused design with ever more material and performance part changes...

That whole post was opinion. In my opinion the Corvette is an icon. The frame is sophisticated and beautiful. They didn't "slap carbon fiber on cheap rims", they made the whole thing out of carbon fiber. It is special just because it represents a line that has been around for 50 years. It has heritage. That is like calling the Porsche 911 an "old tired design" (some may think it is, but that's the point, its all opinion). Having a base model does not make the Z06 or ZR1 any lesser of a car to me. And it shouldn't to any true car enthusiast.

Notice I am in no way attacking the NSX in any of my posts. The NSX does have flaws (as does any car), but there is just no need to attack a car like you are the Z06.

...But to take a look at a factory option, this is what my interior looks like. It is a full leather wrap (although not Nappa leather quality for sure, as previously mentioned), the stitching is a nice detail (although I'm not a huge fan of the Corvette stitching on the passenger glove box), but overall I find it aesthetically pleasing, more functional than the NSX, and with modern amenities that the NSX lacks. That's why I rated it superior.

DSC03545.jpg

I think that interior looks good and I agree, the stitching is a nice detail.

I think the reason that GM hasn't established an all new and independent Z06 is simple. They don't have too. It's not necessary. Their customers average age is 58 and they are traditionalists. Just changing to exposed headlights was a huge risk. Mess with those 4-taillights, forget it. Not to mention the extreme expense that would certainly never be recouped for this model run.

So I do have to agree with the Z06 guys that just because all C6s may look similar don't be let down by that fact. It's the same reason the NSX never transformed into another all new look, financially it just dosen't make sense.

There has been talk if Corvette ever did come out with a mid-engine car they would also keep a car similar to what they have now. That would be the kind of thing you are talking about.

However, again, if it there is no money to be made with great risk, there is no way that you will ever see two completely different Corvettes.

Lets give GM a couple of years and see what they come up with, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprized. :smile:

Jack

Looks good to me, I never had problems with the C6 interior. The C5 interior was absolutely disgusting. However I still feel the fit and finish of the NSX interior to be a few steps above the C6. But I still be happy with a C6 interior..... except for those stupid power door latches. That is so retarded to have.

That whole post was opinion. In my opinion the Corvette is an icon. The frame is sophisticated and beautiful. They didn't "slap carbon fiber on cheap rims", they made the whole thing out of carbon fiber. It is special just because it represents a line that has been around for 50 years. It has heritage. That is like calling the Porsche 911 an "old tired design" (some may think it is, but that's the point, its all opinion). Having a base model does not make the Z06 or ZR1 any lesser of a car to me. And it shouldn't to any true car enthusiast.

Notice I am in no way attacking the NSX in any of my posts. The NSX does have flaws (as does any car), but there is just no need to attack a car like you are the Z06.

I'm referring to the interior. Stop dodging that bullet man lol. The exterior is actually quite well done (as in it looks pretty damn good) and I have no quarrels with it besides the fact that it's so abundant(as in everyone owns one). Notice the whole time I'm emphasising the interior. I also respect the choice to keep the sharp height of 48 inches. Not many cars these days are under 50 inches and tall cars are not true sport cars in my opinion aka GTR, M3, plus some other big 2 door sedan. Anyways, what I am saying is if Chevy was so bent on the exterior being so similar for the Z06, the interior should atleast have been redone completely like the linked jryt posted (even though this $10,000 upgrade still retains the shabby dash design). The achilles tendon and deal breaker is still the interior layout. That is where the carbon fiber skin on cheap rims analogy comes into play.

I don't think the NSX is the best there ever was at all, but it's definitely underated if anything compared to the Corvette. I believe its one of the greatest and it acheived it's status in a refined, undertoned (in a sense cult status) fashion. The Corvette is a brand that was acheived through heritage but also outright numbers and straight-to-business attitude. It's a "put a big button here or a hole for the cupholder here". This is a not a refined idea.

Here's a ~$35K sedan's interior from Acura that looks better than both cars in question and guess what, they didn't need to wrap the dash in leather with stitching.

2010-acura-tl-interior-iijpg.jpg

There is a presence in this interior that is powerful and moving. The only issue is it's a bit too complex with the button array, but had this been the NSX interior, things would have been a bit simplier. This complexity is fine for a mid level luxury sedan though. Honda has the interior game on lock (when they want to). The flow of everything and the detailing is great. The Corvette does not have this flow or stength in its interior. The Chevy interior is more safe and plain, unlike it's dynamic exterior. Lexus has mastered this design language too, but it took a $400K pricetag to truly bring it out (because I think MOST of their car lineup also just have nice material and not so nice design/thought):

2012-Lexus-LFA-Interior-3-1280x960.jpg

Like I said, just because it has a nice skin, it does not mean it's powerful enough to overcome the actual form. The NSX's interior flows very well (one of the best) for the time it was introduced considering the manufacturing/production capabilities of that era. It does not stand a chance to rising technology and ideas 20 years later when you compare it to the BEST right now, but this could not be said 10 or even perhaps 5 years ago. The current Corvette has the capabilities and still does not deliver something that is close to the language of that shown above. Had Honda have gone with the HSC update, the interior would again set a new benchmark for the likes of Ferrari, and now LFA to try and outdo.

Last edited:
I'm just not hung up on the interior like you I guess. Sure I'd like some new seats and bits here and there, but it doesn't bother me at all once I push the start button and get to listen to the 7.0 liter V8 purr :biggrin:

to me the interior matters a lot because that is what you see the most when you drive. the interior of my cars are usually much cleaner than the outside of my cars since i spend most of my time inside the car.

S14_tat, I feel the same way, which why a car must be weighed on interior, exterior and performance. They are in essence three equal categories to me and I can not let performance speak solely of the car.

I'm just not hung up on the interior like you I guess. Sure I'd like some new seats and bits here and there, but it doesn't bother me at all once I push the start button and get to listen to the 7.0 liter V8 purr :biggrin:

Yea, I guess you could say I'm a bit critical, but I want an excellent balance. Performance alone is not enough to satisfy me, as there are SO MANY cars to choose from that can solely perform well(too many to name), but not many that look good inside and out while performing with reliability. The NSX fits in this category well with the design department shining greatly, even after so many years. The Corvette is close, but they need to step up that design language and secure a bit of exclusitivity/rarity. They got the perfomance down, now lets get the design up to par.

Speaking of which, Corvette owners, do not fret. It took Ferrari almost 2 decades to reach a good harmony. So do not think I am being just critical against Corvettes. Take a look at Ferrari's design evolution:

90s 348 interior:
348_interior.jpg

90s NSX interior with one simple mod to update(I had to use my own sucky picture):
interior2.jpg

mid 90s 355 interior (this came out after the NSX?!):
Ferrari-355F1-Interior.jpg

late 90s-early 2000s 360 interior (almost there but I think Honda still has you beat lol):
1999%20Ferrari%20360%20Modena%20Coupe-interior.jpg

mid 2000s 430's interior (now we are talking):
2735634752_09e8a02d31.jpg

Today's 458 interior (finally got the touch):
458_interior.jpg

So you can see how long it took for Ferrari to get their game together. The same can actually be said about their exterior too. They have been struggling with that akward center console between the seats forever! The 348 and 355 just does not do it for me. 360 and above is when Ferrari started getting good. Finally the 458 Italia has a refined and beautiful interior. I do remember reading somewhere the interior had assistance from Honda! LOL

You can also see that Honda's design that emerged from the late 80s was far ahead of its time and many cars (the majority) are still not providing better design than the NSX. I mean the flow and lines are still powerful compared to 90% of the cars out right now. Sure you have new technology and gauges, and plenty that may go faster or handle better, but not many as of yet to find that language and flow that is considered sophisticated and art.

Last edited:
The performance and exterior are tops on the C6 Z06, IMO. That is why I purchased it. I absolutely love the exterior, wide stance, low sweeping roof line and functional brake vents in the front and rear. The dry sump 427 LS7 and aluminum frame pushed me over the edge. I'll do a few interior mods and call it day. Then I will pick up an NSX to compliment the Z06 and give it some Forced Induction, new wheels/tires and some Nav (as you did) and call it a day.

So you see, with the Z06 you have to do a few interior mods, and with the NSX some engine/performance mods. Both have unique exterior stylings that do not have to be touched.

The performance and exterior are tops on the C6 Z06, IMO. That is why I purchased it. I absolutely love the exterior, wide stance, low sweeping roof line and functional brake vents in the front and rear. The dry sump 427 LS7 and aluminum frame pushed me over the edge. I'll do a few interior mods and call it day. Then I will pick up an NSX to compliment the Z06 and give it some Forced Induction, new wheels/tires and some Nav (as you did) and call it a day.

So you see, with the Z06 you have to do a few interior mods, and with the NSX some engine/performance mods. Both have unique exterior stylings that do not have to be touched.

I agree with the exterior touches. Simple wheel changes are enough, nothing else. Just to take a jab, I really think that the C6 will need more than a few interior mods to be on par lol. I like the Z06, but I think I will wait til their next iteration to see if Chevy is learning and will evolve. Hell be like Ferrari and hire Honda to do your interior! LOL. I would not mind owning a Z06 for the performance, but I cannot justify the interior as of right now. It's hard to after owning the NSX and having a taste of what great design has to offer. I think you will enjoy the NSX and may even like it better than your Z06 if you care for more than sheer performance.

Sorry for being completely off topic...but iceman...do you have any sound clips of your car? Everytime I see it in your avatar I just wish I could hear it :biggrin:

Back