• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 NSX in July Car and Driver

Supposedly 550 hp FRONT engine 2+2 seating and $170,000 :eek:

Launch Expected Fall 2009 :rolleyes:

That can't be right. My 2005 Motor Trend said mid engine, 450hp and less than $100k.

Launch expected Fall 2006 as a 2007 model.

oh poop...:tongue:

From another thread...
Haha, you guys are too serious to be serious. His first post was supplying a pic another member requested to help him make the decision to purchase--if anything, helping downforce.

His second post was--again--helping another member who wanted that exact setup.

He wasn't promoting anyone. He never said "Don't buy from DF" or "Buy from Erick". If posting a link in a thread someone else started was prohibited, the internet would never have expanded. If it bothers you that much, that reveals a little immaturity.

Apologize for the threadjacking. But I don't like to see any members being called out for trying to help other members.

I personally have had a good experience with DownForce and support their business. I do not support telling other members what they can and cannot post.

From this thread...
Let's lock this forum down until an official Honda press release comes out.

:confused:

That's only $100k more than I could dream of paying. Looks like I might get a used one in the year 2020.

You mean... like most of the NSX owners today? Wait for 16 years before they can ditch the Civic/S2000 for an exotic 1991 NSX?:biggrin:

Aston Martin?...Aston Martin? What the? I know Acura wants to advance and compete in the luxury division, but ASTON MARTIN???

Car & Driver is probably the last place I'd look for credible info on the upcoming NSX....
Just look at what they've predicted in the past..they are a bunch of talking heads.......

Aston Martin?...Aston Martin? What the? I know Acura wants to advance and compete in the luxury division, but ASTON MARTIN???

Thats what Im sayin maaaaan!!! Woo

Supposedly 550 hp FRONT engine 2+2 seating and $170,000 :eek:

Launch Expected Fall 2009 :rolleyes:

I honestly can't imagine Acura hoping to sell a $170k car. How do market a car in a showroom filled with other Acuras ranging from mid twenties to mid forties to near two hundred thousand. I love Honda ,but thats stillbirth/suicide. Honda knows Acura doesn't have the clout to carry that much sticker. It took Aston Martin a looong time to have that kind of clout. That must purely be speculation. I don't mind it competing with Aston ,but not for Astons price. What would be the point? At that price people don't care about reliability.

I honestly can't imagine Acura hoping to sell a $170k car. How do market a car in a showroom filled with other Acuras ranging from mid twenties to mid forties to near two hundred thousand. I love Honda ,but thats stillbirth/suicide. Honda knows Acura doesn't have the clout to carry that much sticker. It took Aston Martin a looong time to have that kind of clout. That must purely be speculation. I don't mind it competing with Aston ,but not for Astons price. What would be the point? At that price people don't care about reliability.

Most Acura dealers had a hard time selling new NSX's period....maybe there were a few exceptions out there but you're right, it was a big step $ wise from their normal fare.

I have a hard time equating the Aston Martin brand with true supercars......it seems more luxury & looks than true performance. When the NSX hit $80-90K MSRP people judged it overpriced for what else you could get for the money. That said the NSX is holding it's resale values
quite well!

If all 05's were NSX-R's i'm sure they would have sold as much as 1991:smile:

Agree, If Honda kept the buzz alive by updating the car appropriatly over time, just as the Porsche 911 and Corvette. I think these cars would have sold fine even at a higher price......Steve

makes you wonder what it would be like if the main gripe was addressed (small engine/low hp)

we know the looks are there, the aluminum everything, the handling..... the only thing people keep coming back to complaining about is the power. if they jammed a low d V8 with even just ~400 horse..... sales would def be up.
something like this.....
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/02/09/hayabusa-v8-engine/
:smile:

If Honda simply would have offered the CTSC as a factory package from 2002 sales would have been significantly higher than they were--maybe double. Honda couldn't even do that right. Hardly any extra effort needed and they couldn't even do that to sell hundreds more cars. They probably could have commissioned CT to make them 500 S/Cs for $4-5K apiece and simply marked the car up to defer their costs to $94,900, for example, and offered those with the Type-S suspension--and possibly just call it the Type-S.

If someone was willing to drop $89,900 on a stock 02+ surely many of those buyers would have ponied up the extra $4-5K for a S/C Type-S.

It's pretty clear Takeo Fukui's main goal is to sell as many Civics as possible. He has shown absolutely no interest in racing or sports cars. He let the NSX die a slow, painful undeserved death, is doing the same with the S2000 and to top it all off let his buddy Nakamoto run the F1 program into the ground as well. :frown: For Pete's sake, he can't even keep his eye on the prize in the luxury market and the truck market. Toyota has handed Honda their butts in both departments for 15 years. :mad:

makes you wonder what it would be like if the main gripe was addressed (small engine/low hp)

we know the looks are there, the aluminum everything, the handling..... the only thing people keep coming back to complaining about is the power. if they jammed a low d V8 with even just ~400 horse..... sales would def be up.
something like this.....
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/02/09/hayabusa-v8-engine/
:smile:

If Honda simply would have offered the CTSC as a factory package from 2002 sales would have been significantly higher than they were--maybe double. Honda couldn't even do that right. Hardly any extra effort needed and they couldn't even do that to sell hundreds more cars. They probably could have commissioned CT to make them 500 S/Cs for $4-5K apiece and simply marked the car up to defer their costs to $94,900, for example, and offered those with the Type-S suspension--and possibly just call it the Type-S.

If someone was willing to drop $89,900 on a stock 02+ surely many of those buyers would have ponied up the extra $4-5K for a S/C Type-S. And a test drive would surely convince any fence-sitters that the S/C Type-S NSX was a car without equal.

Honda wasn't even considering the CTSC for the HSC when obviously no V-8 or V-10 was even on the horizon. A 350hp N/A 3.5L V-6 just wasn't going to cut it. I find it hard to swallow that a 400bhp HSC introduced in 2002 would not have been a success, even with the F430 and Gallardo on the horizon. They had 12 years to noodle with the C30/32 block and all they could come up with was a 100hp/L 3.5L V-6? Even so the CTSC would have been an easy out for Honda after a period of little engine development and accomplished the goal. By now the HSC would have been entering it's 6th year and be ready for an update well before the F430 and Gallardo. IMO 2002 was a critical year and Honda sat on their hands and let a golden opportunity pass them by.

It's pretty clear Takeo Fukui's main goal is to sell as many Civics as possible. He has shown absolutely no interest in racing or sports cars. He let the NSX die a slow, painful, undeserved death, is doing the same with the S2000 and to top it all off let his buddy Nakamoto run the F1 program into the ground as well. :frown: For Pete's sake, he can't even keep his eye on the prize in the luxury market and the truck market. Toyota has handed Honda their butts in both departments for 15 years. :mad:

It's pretty clear Takeo Fukui's main goal is to sell as many Civics as possible. He has shown absolutely no interest in racing or sports cars. He let the NSX die a slow, painful, undeserved death, is doing the same with the S2000 and to top it all off let his buddy Nakamoto run the F1 program into the ground as well. :frown: For Pete's sake, he can't even keep his eye on the prize in the luxury market and the truck market. Toyota has handed Honda their butts in both departments for 15 years. :mad:

What, you didn't notice the motto of "Power of Dreams" has long been changed to "Power of Greed"?
Soichiro is dead and so is the once unbeatable Honda Empire. I understand that all these bean counting guys need to satisfy the shareholders and that is just fine. Just go ahead to admit to the world that Honda is now a company that makes econoboxes and is dedicated to the welfare of shareholders. Admit that they have no intention to carry on Soichiro's dreams, passions, and visions to be the best of the best. Admit that they are just using Soichiro's glories to help market their current shitty products and failure to advance their ranks. Stop being such a coward poser!
I don't even think Honda now are really that reliable. My NSX tranny failed with the snap-ring, my sister's CRV blew the head gasket at 100k with ALL the maintenance done by the book. My father in law's Oddysee's tranny blew up at 30k miles. I was the guy that recommended them to buy Hondas. They have to endure these craps just because of me being the biggest Honda fan in history of mankind.:mad:
That Fukui guy even had the @#$% nerve to introduce that piece of ass turd as the "NSX" successor!!!:mad:
I am sorry, Mr. Fukui. The NSX is the product of Soichiro's and his team's relentless pursuit of perfection and dreams. Your butt-ugly piece of crap is a half assed done clown shoe by a team of undedicated and unmotivated cardpunchers. How dare you to insult the NSX and the founder by associating your piece of turd with their achievement??!!
Now, Mr. Uehara has retired. I don't even expect anything exciting coming from Honda anymore.
During the last day of NSX Fiesta, I said goodbye to Uehara san and thank him to have built the best sport car in the world. His reply was simply a humble and tearjerking, "I am happy that you like it." A stark contrast to the new Honda's pontificating and big-mouth attitude.
Hold on to the NSX, guys. It is not very frequent to have had the opportunity to own another milestone car such as this.
Steve

Last edited:
What, you didn't notice the motto of "Power of Dreams" has long been changed to "Power of Greed"?
Soichiro is dead and so is the once unbeatable Honda Empire. I understand that all these bean counting guys need to satisfy the shareholders and that is just fine. Just go ahead to admit to the world that Honda is now a company that makes econoboxes and is dedicated to the welfare of shareholders. Admit that they have no intention to carry on Soichiro's dreams, passions, and visions to be the best of the best. Admit that they are just using Soichiro's glories to help market their current shitty products and failure to advance their ranks. Stop being such a coward poser!
I don't even think Honda now are really that reliable. My NSX tranny failed with the snap-ring, my sister's CRV blew the head gasket at 100k with ALL the maintenance done by the book. My father in law's Oddysee's tranny blew up at 30k miles. I was the guy that recommended them to buy Hondas. They have to endure these craps just because of me being the biggest Honda fan in history of mankind.:mad:
That Fukui guy even had the @#$% nerve to introduce that piece of ass turd as the "NSX" successor!!!:mad:
I am sorry, Mr. Fukui. The NSX is the product of Soichiro's and his team's relentless pursuit of perfection and dreams. Your butt-ugly piece of crap is a half assed done clown shoe by a team of undedicated and unmotivated cardpunchers. How dare you to insult the NSX and the founder by associating your piece of turd with their achievement??!!
Now, Mr. Uehara has retired. I don't even expect anything exciting coming from Honda anymore.
During the last day of NSX Fiesta, I said goodbye to Uehara san and thank him to have built the best sport car in the world. His reply was simply a humble and tearjerking, "I am happy that you like it." A stark contrast to the new Honda's pontificating and big-mouth attitude.
Hold on to the NSX, guys. It is not very frequent to have had the opportunity to own another mildstone car such as this.
Steve

Very well put. Sad but well put.

To introduce the ASCC with a huge NSX banner behind it was one of the most blasphemous, misguided, greedy things I have ever seen in the automotive world. It proved Fukui has no concept or understanding of what the NSX is or was and he'll do anything to sell a car. Soichiro would never have let the NSX fade into embarrassment as Fukui did and would never have associated the NSX with anything less than what it originally represented.

Honda has been stagnant in so many ways while Toyota has unequivocally flourished. They have been ahead of Honda even in reliability for a long time. They are doing everything right and Honda is doing everything wrong. How on god's green earth Honda has not yet developed a V-8 is astonishing. But they're full steam ahead with a illogical V-10 that only 3 manufacturers in the world have developed and of those 3 companies 2 are brand new and one is American and at 8.0L isn't exactly in the same category.

Honda's new motto should be "A Day Late and a Dollar Short"

The slow sales of the (only fifty) Zanardi NSXs in '99 testify against this statement.
Yup, back in the days when we were still stomping at David's mailing list, many people were raving about the TypeS, Type Zero, and BSing about importing them to the States despite the right hand drive, blah, blah, blah. When a practically true TypeS( Zanardi) finally showed up, these guys just shut up. Only the terminally diehard fans with cash such as Foster, Werre, T. Chan, and some paid up for theirs and the remaining cars are stuck in the dealership for LOOOOONG time. As desirable as the NSX-R among as, how many American will actually pony up $120k for such an outdated car when the GT3 and Turbo are faster and newer? Yeah, the NSX-R is special but not THAT special that will sell like the 1991 NSX and revive the NSX. Now, the 1991 NSX? THAT'S a hotcake!
Steve

Last edited:
Yup, back in the days when we were still stomping at David's mailing list, many people were raving about the TypeS, Type Zero, and BSing about importing them to the States despite the right hand drive, blah, blah, blah. When a practically true TypeS( Zanardi) finally showed up, these guys just shut up. Only the terminally diehard fans with cash such as Foster, Werre, T. Chan, and some paid up for theirs and the remaining cars are stuck in the dealership for LOOOOONG time. As desirable as the NSX-R among as, how many American will actually pony up $120k for such an outdated car when the GT3 and Turbo are faster and newer? Yeah, the NSX-R is special but not THAT special that will sell like the 1991 NSX and revive the NSX. Now, the 1991 NSX? THAT'S a hotcake!
Steve

Totally agreed!!!:redface: Eventhough NSX-R showed up in US market, i guess most of us won't buy it NEW. So whats the point for Honda to sell NSX-R in US? Unless Honda is a used car dealer. LoL!

Back