• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2022 NSX Type S Registry

Anybody near Hanania Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville, FL that can check out their Type S for sale? Its car #208, 19UNC1B08NY000208. It has a listing discrepancy. 3rd party listings have it as a GGM. However, on Hanania Acura website they show it as a 130R White with an Ebony interior.
thanks
Are you sure it's really for sale? Most dealers have software that automatically lists vehicles as they are inbound to the dealer, even if the vehicles are already sold.

Are you sure it's really for sale? Most dealers have software that automatically lists vehicles as they are inbound to the dealer, even if the vehicles are already sold.
Understood. I don't know if it is "really" for sale or not. It is and has been post on their website for a couple of weeks now. Its just gets me the data doesnt match.

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.
I have been surprised at the take rate for black with the Type S relative to colors selected from MY 2017 to 2021.
Black does provide an extra sinister vibe.
Can you speak to your color selection preference/process?
Thank you so much! I’ve always been a fan of black so that’s what I decided on.

Lol, I picked it up there and brought it to Barrington IL
Oh good, more NSX sighting opportunities here in IL.

My wife and I like to get out of the city on Sundays for day hikes (but not in the NSX, the Lucid gets the nod) and Deer Grove where you are is a super nice place.

Car #296,19UNC1B09NY000296 finally appeared at David McDavid Acura of Austin. Curva Red with Ebony leather interior.

Why would his parents name him David....:rolleyes:

A quick story on NY000270.
Thermal orange delivered to Acura of Troy, MI.
I called several times, reached the new car sales manager finally (like Acura is a HIGH VOLUME brand and he's busy......).
Asked him to pass my name and tel contact number to the new owner as he stated "it's sold." Not many Type-S's in to
Michigan if you know what I mean.
It's now listed FS at Crown Acura, Brookpark Road (near Clevo Hopkins Airport), Cleveland, OH. They (Acura of Troy, MI) wholesaled/dealer-swapped it? Yea pal, it's sold. I'll come back and edit to add his name as he is a real trustworthy dlrship GSM.

Here's another odd data point. Another VIN,19UNC1B09NY000301, that seemingly should be for Japan export showed up this morning on the net. The car is 130R White with Ebony Interior and located at Acura of Boardman. I was able to locate the MSRP too at $185,995. This now makes a total of three cars in the suspected Japan allocation range for sale in the US. The others are
19UNC1B09NY000301, a130R White with Red leather interior sold at Coggin Acura and 19UNC1B06NY000305, a GGM with Ebony leather interior sold at Gettel Acura. Does this mean Japan customers didn't take up all their allocations? Hmmmm,:unsure:

A quick story on NY000270.
Thermal orange delivered to Acura of Troy, MI.
I called several times, reached the new car sales manager finally (like Acura is a HIGH VOLUME brand and he's busy......).
Asked him to pass my name and tel contact number to the new owner as he stated "it's sold." Not many Type-S's in to
Michigan if you know what I mean.
It's now listed FS at Crown Acura, Brookpark Road (near Clevo Hopkins Airport), Cleveland, OH. They (Acura of Troy, MI) wholesaled/dealer-swapped it? Yea pal, it's sold. I'll come back and edit to add his name as he is a real trustworthy dlrship GSM.

here's the cached page at Acura of Troy with details on #270. It was last crawled on 11/13/22.

Yet another outlier. Just found today VIN 19UNC1B08NY011001. It's at Autonation Acura South Bay, Torrance CA. Its a 2022 Type S Berlina Black with Ebony leather interior. This is a real head scratcher for me. I wonder what the car number is. That VIN makes no sense given what has been seen so far. Anybody in SoCal have a chance, please stop by and let us know.

Yet another outlier. Just found today VIN 19UNC1B08NY011001. It's at Autonation Acura South Bay, Torrance CA. Its a 2022 Type S Berlina Black with Ebony leather interior. This is a real head scratcher for me. I wonder what the car number is. That VIN makes no sense given what has been seen so far. Anybody in SoCal have a chance, please stop by and let us know.

That is so goofy........... and that VIN passes check digit edit (as you already likely know).
Someone must put eyes on this. Verify the public VIN in the window and the FMVSS label in the driver's door jamb for the month/year of production and the VIN. I'm a couple thousand miles distant.

Something is fishy . I know the person who is waiting for delivery of the car. I contacted the dealership and they told me that the car is in transit. They insisted that the VIN is 22 NSX S .

Something is fishy . I know the person who is waiting for delivery of the car. I contacted the dealership and they told me that the car is in transit. They insisted that the VIN is 22 NSX S .
@acuhon, do you mean car #22/350? The dealership website does indicate its in "transit". The mystery grows. thanks for calling them.
1670706112111.png

Last edited:
@acuhon, do you mean car #22/350? The dealership website does indicate its in "transit". The mystery grows. thanks for calling them.
View attachment 176057
Car is now listed as SOLD and no longer available this morning.

Update: Photos from the owner visiting PMC, the dealership's (Naples Acura) post prep, the car getting PPF'ed and the owner enjoying his ride. Final, configuration in Gotham Gray Matte exterior paint, full red leather seats, the rarer silver calipers matched with Berlina Black Gloss wheels and the XM radio upgrade.

1679172163168.png

Last edited:
Car #259 just showed up on the secondary market at Formula Miami. The VIN number is WRONG, 19UNC1B03NY000876 because the check bit fails to calculate correctly. However, 19UNC1B03NY000259 should be the correct VIN and you can see the check bit "3" are the same on both VINs.

I think a lot of folks don’t know that the US is getting some extra cars (supposedly that were designated for Japan, but maybe Japan did not get enough order for the Type S). That is why you see some cars e.g. 301 and 305 being sold in the US.
VIN # for Japan cars don't end with the badge #, hence this Black one that is coming to Autonation is one of those cars.
I know who bought that car (he lives in GA) and actually flew down to the dealership to sign the papers...
That was my guess as well. @Ignition_Key, can you confirm the car # for VIN 19UNC1B08NY011001?

Car #259 just showed up on the secondary market at Formula Miami. The VIN number is WRONG, 19UNC1B03NY000876 because the check bit fails to calculate correctly. However, 19UNC1B03NY000259 should be the correct VIN and you can see the check bit "3" are the same on both VINs.
Interesting that this car ends up with a random exotic car dealer..I begged everyone I could to give me #259 to match my old bee....instead I got sooooo close....:cry::sneaky:

I wanted to match my 97 NSX car's number as well but at the time my dealership hesitated given all the unknowns about allocations and the process of securing an order. Was lucky to get one I guess. That said, I am stunned and disappointed to see so many cars come to the secondary market so quickly. I could in theory start tracking the turnover. hmmm....

If anyone knows how 259 went from flow acura to random exotic car place I'm all ears...

If anyone knows how 259 went from flow acura to random exotic car place I'm all ears...
Best guess? Driven for a month, used it to brag to everyone how rare it is and how special they are for getting one, and then traded in for a new Lambo, 720S or something. A lot of guys in this space are not enthusiasts and just use cars like designer shoes- they always like to be in the latest style...

Back