• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2022 NSX Type S Registry

I were my shoes till the sole delaminates....

speaking of shoes...does anyone run the S at the recommended cold pressure of 32? seems low to me.

speaking of shoes...does anyone run the S at the recommended cold pressure of 32? seems low to me.

Does me, too, DocJ. So I was keeping them all near 34 psi. Right now, in storage for the winter, I bumped them up ten pounds.

Today it was time to start it up, place it into Sport + mode, warm it a bit, and drive it in Sport + mode. Run time total 20 minutes, did a ten mile drive (all in Sport +).
It went into storage Nov 22nd. And if I recall long term storage instructions correctly Acura advised start it (drive it if possible) and warm it every thirty days for the "BIG battery."

Other owners in the northern climate please share your procedures/experiences?

Mine is also 38 from factory, leaving as is...12 v on tender, will fire it up in sport + from time to time.
If temps get into 40's will drive it.

Does me, too, DocJ. So I was keeping them all near 34 psi. Right now, in storage for the winter, I bumped them up ten pounds.

Today it was time to start it up, place it into Sport + mode, warm it a bit, and drive it in Sport + mode. Run time total 20 minutes, did a ten mile drive (all in Sport +).
It went into storage Nov 22nd. And if I recall long term storage instructions correctly Acura advised start it (drive it if possible) and warm it every thirty days for the "BIG battery."

Other owners in the northern climate please share your procedures/experiences?

I follow what's documented in the manual.

Image 12-20-22 at 2.48 PM.jpg
Image 12-20-22 at 2.48 PM (1).jpg

could they make anything harder to read...tiny minuscule white letters buried in a black box🤓

I'm glad to see it says start every 3 months. When I went to training back in 16, it said you should start and have in sport + monthly.

Sport+ and monthly would be my guidance

Appreciated, B and B. The affirm I was seeking. I left it off battery tender for three days after driving it, plugged it back in this evening - let that "little battery" exercise (discharge) a bit.

@docjohn you need to update your signature!

I made him comply, Honcho. Consider it done.

Picked my Type S up 2 months ago:

Owner Name: syoung298
Exterior Color: Yellow
Interior Color: Ebony Leather with red stitching
Options: Full leather interior, gloss black wheels, full carbon pack, upgraded audio, carbon ceramics
Build Number: 249/350

Options: Full leather interior, gloss black wheels, full carbon pack, upgraded audio, carbon ceramics

Awesome, your first posting after signing into nsxPRIME 23April2010? That's restraint!
CONGRATULATIONS and photos to follow ?

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.
This was your first message in 12 years on the site.
You have amazing restraint.

Time for another NSX Type S tracker update. Four new cars have been added taking the total to 327! Two of which are Honda/Japanese exports found in recently posted videos at time of transport from PMC to Japan. Unfortunately, I could not see their VINs nor availability of closeups to determine other options. To that end and because we know the VINs of other cars seen in the same video, I've placed them as cars number 323 and 324 to account for their colors and until we determine their actual VINs. I continue to correct posted registry information from the many contributions from owners and NSXPrime members, TYSM. Additional information has been found on resell listings, still pictures, videos and various cached web pages. I would guess about 100 fields have been updated in total. Again, let me know if you find any errors or new data points. They'll be added on the next update.

Now for updates on other stats (wheel color and brake caliper color). Amazingly, there's a 60/40 split between the Berlina Black Gloss and the Shark Gray Matte wheels. We only have 211 of the 327 cars but it's interesting to see what buyers choose.

1672437460562.png

Caliper color has no surprises showing Red has the most popular color choice. It was great to see pictures of a LBBP with Berlina Black Gloss wheels and Silver Calipers. That combo was pretty sharp. Car #162 LBBP with BBG and Silver calipers sold at The Barn Miami. Silver remains at the bottom of popularity. Do note I've seen Orange calipers on Gotham Gray Matte and Thermal Orange Pearl cars. Funny enough, there is a TOP car with Red calipers too!

1672437598004.png

Enjoy!

Appreciate all the effort that went into making this registry. Admittedly, I've slacked off with the Holidays and everything going on. I have a bunch of updates to share.

@97NSXer Hats off to you sport, legend NSX status as been achieved. This is something that will live on forever.

I think a Gotham with the orange calipers and orange stitching/belts would be amazing...

Appreciate all the effort that went into making this registry. Admittedly, I've slacked off with the Holidays and everything going on. I have a bunch of updates to share.

@97NSXer Hats off to you sport, legend NSX status as been achieved. This is something that will live on forever.
Thanks so much. Just happy I can contribute. Glad you started this thread too! The background as to why I did it came from regularly seeing cars for sell at huge markups and found more and more listings by dealerships. I kept looking for a couple of weeks and was convince a list could be built. Then it was interesting to read people's early opinions on what colors are rare versus the building list. Contributions by everyone has helped immensely. Looking forward to your updates. I found a few more changes last night. Japan is really challenging and will take time to build out. I've only found one good source. A set of videos by a transporter taking cars from PMC to the oversea shipper. At this point, updates will most likely be further apart to collect a bunch of changes and keep the update noise low. P.S. really appreciate those that provided 5 star ratings.

I think a Gotham with the orange calipers and orange stitching/belts would be amazing...
I wish I could have ordered blue stitching with blue belts on mine. I asked if I could get the Orchid stitching and belts on an Ebony leather on my order. That was a big NO! The neutral accent color would have been perfect. I am glad they had the silver calipers otherwise I would have gone with Black. Just wish they had silver rims. Dark colored rims are not my favorite.

Another interesting stat to collect is the whether the instrument hood is CF or Alcantara. I've seen Alcantara hoods showing up on cars in the 100"s. I haven't been collecting because it requires visual verification. There's just not that many cars on social media showing the interior. I also believe 100% of the cars no matter the configuration has the CF engine covers.

262 has alcantara...Yea I always see youtubers talking about how the car has the lightweight/ carbon fiber options and talk about the engine covers..but I have not seen any alternative..

Back