• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.6L ScienceofSpeed Engine (NA Stroker)

i need a new pair of underwear

And it's got another 1k of rpm and 30-40rwhp left in it too.

I'm very impressed. Great sound, although I would probably grow tired of that much noise on a long drive and would probably keep the cats, but that's just me. You can practically feel the torque in the in-car vid. Nice job on the track too: short shifting, quiet hands, decent line. What track is that?

It's difficult to communicate the sensation of speed and sound from the vids but it's as much as I have right now. So if you think that's loud, the reality is that it's about 10x louder than represented by the vids. And I don't mind it one bit. ;)

FWIW, though I'd like to have that kind of skill, I must confess that I'm not the one driving. It's a driver named Mike Spec whose day gig is being an instructor at Bondurant and, I believe, the track is a section of Firebird.

Nice vid Shawn, thanks for posting. Should have the complete review of the car up soon.

By the way, I've been very fortunate to drive many high performance NSXs. This car is by far the most impressive of all I have driven.

Cheers,
-- chris

I have been trying to decide if I want to go this route or with a comptech, they both get to mid 300hp, which is all I want

I am kind of leaning towards the built n/a just because it only costs a little bit more, but I end up with a brand new engine :smile:

Thanks for the truth. :wink: Were you riding along? Nice driving. Great car.

I wish I was riding along. I agree that he drove well but he really was only driving 7-8/10 so that should be taken into consideration. I'm sure he could have shown what was really possible with the car but we all thought discretion the better part of valor. Wasn't riding along though I wish I was - definitely could use some help w/ my heel-toe.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Car profiled in the February Modified Mag. Click on the link and then the image for a blow-up of the article. I think Mike did a pretty accurate synopsis of the car. Though I barely remember how it drives since I haven't driven the thing in months. :(

page 12:
Modified_Article1.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=37296

page 14:
Modified_Article2.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=37297

page 15:
Modified_Article3.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=37298

Apologies for not having more vids up. A combination of weather and bad timing have proved to be difficult to overcome.

Does that guy have any clue how much power the car was making? Doesn't sound like it at all. Once he says it is Plus a typo on Zanardi... geez.. Just not well written at all.

Your car sure is sweet though.

Does that guy have any clue how much power the car was making? Doesn't sound like it at all. Once he says it is Plus a typo on Zanardi... geez.. Just not well written at all.

Yes, there are some minor mix-ups but overall I thought the article fairly accurate. More than the sum of those errors, the article does a good job of describing the whole of the car and how well it drives. IMHO, anyway.

Your car sure is sweet though.

Thanks Dave. It's come along way since NSXPO 2002 in Dallas, hasn't it?

Thanks Dave. It's come along way since NSXPO 2002 in Dallas, hasn't it?

I thought it was a good looking car back then, but now it is totally awesome. Any idea how many 3.6L NSX's there are in the world?

If I buy a copy of this magazine and send it to you, will you autograph it for me? Before you, the only other celebrity I've known was Jenna Jameson.

Looks promising. Is this setup maxed out yet or is there room to go? 340 whp is roughly 400 crank.

Looks promising. Is this setup maxed out yet or is there room to go? 340 whp is roughly 400 crank.

There's still room to go with the intake manifold. The options are custom intake manifold (ie Hogans) or ITBs (SOS, Revolution, Toda) that won't be constrictive.

I redline at around 7k rpm right now b/c no more power is possible with the stock intake manifold. With the ITB or custom single plenum manifold there's conservatively maybe another 30-40rwhp.

There's still room to go with the intake manifold. The options are custom intake manifold (ie Hogans) or ITBs (SOS, Revolution, Toda) that won't be constrictive.

I redline at around 7k rpm right now b/c no more power is possible with the stock intake manifold. With the ITB or custom single plenum manifold there's conservatively maybe another 30-40rwhp.

and all this is done RELIABLY?

So far so good! She runs strong.

wow. I really hope SOS is still around in a few years when my NSX is old enough to do a little refreshing, and my wallet is heavy enough to afford it all.

I wonder what they offer for my S2000? I should look into that, because i'll be putting a lot more mileage on my S2000 once my NSX arrives next week. A re-freshening and some more power maybe just the ticket in a few years for 'Ese'

I just wish they weren't all the way over in AZ. They need an east coast shop! :biggrin:

Shawn,

Looks and seems very fast, I pressume your happy? Any drawbacks or disappointments?

Shawn,

Looks and seems very fast, I pressume your happy? Any drawbacks or disappointments?

I'm sure the only thing would be that it's been winter and can't be driven much. :wink:

Shawn,

Very happy. I'm not a huge fan of high HP track cars and this seems to be right around the perfect level. The only drawback is that you need ITBs or a custom single plenum intake mani to really optimize the engine. The engine loses power at around 7K rpm and I'd really love to have that 1K rpm back (another 30-40hp wouldn't be bad either).

FWIW, ITBs have been planned for awhile. ;)

Back