• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.6L ScienceofSpeed Engine (NA Stroker)

Chris just called me a few hours ago to give me the news...are you ready?

333rwhp and 265lb of torque. :eek:

I'll post up the dynograph soon. I must say that Chris, Jeff, and the rest of the guys at ScienceofSpeed have been a pleasure to deal with - so thanks SoS!

And the support from my friends here has been a great help in the whole wait too.

A full description of the engine and whole build process from the customer's POV will be in a future issue of NSXDriver. So go join NSXCA...;)

NSXatSOS2.jpg

Car build sheet is HERE.

Last edited:
Congratuatlons Shawn,

I guessing you must wish you can hop onto next flight to AZ and drive the beast home.

Oh Man,

Your going to enjoy that so much. My little SOS built 3.3 is ultra fun and runs like a clock.

Imagining how fun yours is going to be with at least 30hp more than mine.

Looking forward to drive report when it gets to you.

spooler

Congrats....one thing most you will notice is that the motor sounds really mean.

Congrats. My future goal is a mere 380hp n/a. Post up the dyno when you get a chance, I want to see the torque curve.

Thanks guys! Below is the dyno:

36L_Dyno.jpg

A few notes: you'll see "Flywheel" hp and torque but it's misnamed. The numbers are for wheel hp and tq. Previously, I'd max out on torque at 200lbs and I'm doing that now at almost idle.:)

Here's a previous dyno of my NSX w/ I/H/E for comparsion:

Shawn91NSX-DynoGraph.jpg

Henry, pm Chris about the oil cooler. I believe mine is the first and I'm sure he can supply some pics as it gets installed.

Attachments

• 36LSEJERA.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Man, that motor is TOO pretty to be tucked away out of sight. I'd have to keep it in my living room, and have Chris build another for the car!

Can you tell me *about* how much you spent on this? PM me if you'd like...I'd trying to crunch some #'s.

Thanks!

Can you tell me *about* how much you spent on this? PM me if you'd like...I'd trying to crunch some #'s.

Thanks!

I think SOS converted the car into an automatic because Ponyboy only has one arm and one leg left. :)

All the $$ are on the SoS website but it'd be even better if you asked for a quote from Chris for whatever you're thinking about.

I spent a bit more than the listed price b/c of the addition of other parts: Accusump, oil cooler, coolant tanks, oil breather, etc.

FWIW, the blue line in the dynograph is representative of a stock NSX.

ak said:
I think SOS converted the car into an automatic because Ponyboy only has one arm and one leg left.

It's ok. I was born a tripod. ;)

You got a better result than the 3.8 conversion. More HP, sweeter power curve and strong VTEC after 6l RPM. Congrat.

For those interested, I've put up a photo album in my gallery HERE for reference.

For comparision, the other album, titled "3.0 Destruction" is also up for your viewing enjoyment/horror.

Really nice numbers. glad your happy with it!

Shawn,

Just out of curiousity, why did you go for 3.6 VS 3.8?

Build looks beautiful, I am drooling. When do you get it back?

Congrats, and just look at how linear the torque and power come on. NA is a beautiful thing :)

Shawn, Just out of curiousity, why did you go for 3.6 VS 3.8?

Build looks beautiful, I am drooling. When do you get it back?

Thanks Mark! I get it back in a few weeks after they're done plumbing the Accusump and oil cooler. I think SoS is fairly busy right now and I can't get out there until late April or so.

I went with the 3.6L out of Chris' recommendation which was, in turn, given per my need for bulletproof reliability. That little extra mass in the cylinder wall helps keep temps down thereby maintaining engine integrity just that much more.

Back