• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360 Modena vs. NSX

Which car would you buy?

• Total voters
Seems like early 2000 low mileage 360 Modena are in similar price range of a 04/05 low mileage NSX. So which one would you pick if you were to choose between the two? Pros and cons?

NSX... Its much lower costs for maintenance and parts. Also, Im not sure where your going to find a 360 for under 80,000. If you do find one probably none of the maintenances were done and probably have some high mileage for a Ferrari.

I know many folks are focused on maintenance cost.

However, if a person buys a low mileage (say under 10K miles) late model NSX, he will probably keep it as a low mileage weekend driver anyway.

The 360 is a much newer design and better looking (subjective), recognized as an exotic more than the NSX by most people.

Why would you start a NSX vs. whatever car poll on an NSX site, then ask others their thoughts and then vote for the OTHER car yourself??? :confused:

I still love the NSX, but if getting a low mileage late model NSX is going to cost more than $70/$80K like some are asking, I start question if it's worth it.

I read about 1 dollar a mile or 4-5k a year normally. Just because you buy the 360 for 60-70k, you still have to pay for maintenance costs $$$$ as if it was new at 150k+. Maintenance costs never get lower as the value of the car drops.

modena falls in the same catagory as a supra.... jelly bean

too rounded for me

I'd love to have an old Ferrari to take to car shows and drive a few hundred miles a year. An old 308 or 318 would be nice.

But for a car to drive as far and as often as I want, I gotta stick with my NSX. The 360 might be a great car, but it's kind of meh to me.

One of the best rides of my life was as a passenger in a 360 at Buttonwillow. However, after driving a different 360 myself back-to-back with the NSX on the same track at a later date, I found myself enjoying my car just as much as the F car, and the envy melted away. Maybe that would not be the same case with the F430 or 458 of course.

He called me on Monday and sent me an e-mail this evening. He has about two feet of snow at his house. Can't drive that car for months. It's a gorgeous car and a great buy. If someone is in the market for a 360, take a VERY SERIOUS look at this one for the price.

The Butthead always calls me at about 4:00 AM while he is having coffee at 7:00 AM his time and asks me what I am doing.:eek:

I just sold this. Now let's compare majors on this and my 95 NSX. Ferrari is just under 10k every 5 years while NSX is under 3k every 5 years. Parts like plug wires are $600 per set (12) while caps are $250 ea and you need two.

DSC_0063.JPG

I was torn between the two decided to go with the 2005 nsx

99 360 modena 24k miles major service done had some paint work on bumper
dealer asking $75k

05 nsx 4600miles mint cond. no flaws $75k

360 modena every year $500 bucks for oil change and flush brake fluid,
every two years all fluids flushed for $2000, every five years timing belt change for $7000.00 all 360 owners are upgrading to 430 cause they have
timing chains.

05 nsx every year oil change $50 bucks, brake flush $150, 7years timing belt
$2000.00 way cheaper to maintain and more rare than a 360 modena.

Do the f430 or get later model nsx.

Back