• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual All Import Car Meet Hosted By Acura of Lynnwood

I'll be there. I wanna see your car on the dyno vs. mine. :biggrin:

LOL! You're more than welcome to put yours on the dyno. I've already installed my low boost pulley in preperation of this cold and shitty weather so I've got nothing special to show.

I've got clients that will lay down WAY more than you or I in our top form and they don't have NSX's, spent a lot less money, and I've got nothing to prove. My car's spent plenty of time on dynos and 431 on a glory run is the best I've done on a dyno jet with my high boost set up if you wanna compare. :wink:

I hope every ones able to make it tomorrow! It's gonna be a great meet, we have some good swag and great friends to enjoy this event with!

See you all there!

LOL! You're more than welcome to put yours on the dyno.

I plan to.

There's always people that spent way less and make way more power.. that's not what this is about. If it was we'd all be driving mustangs or something. I was just curious how the power curves of our 2 cars would compare when run on the same dyno.

I just put a smaller exhaust housing on mine today so it is much better than it was before. It is currently running 7.5-8 psi.

True that. Maybe I'll put it on anyways, we'll see...

I've got a buddy coming down from Canada with the same set up as me but he has the Laminova. I can't remember if it's the standard CT kit or if it's the SOS, but he's running methonol too. He'll be on the dyno today!

Last edited:
Fellas, would someone please post this up on Honda-Tech, I didn't see it there!

Fowler, see if you can get a couple of your Farrari or Lambo buddies to come out! :cool:

Had to miss it guys, friends of ours just had their first baby this morning so had to visit them at the hospital. Maybe next time, least then I should actually have my car there :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics..

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, great pics. Sorry to say I missed this year as my car is still in the shop but hope to make it next year. Thanks to Charles for setting this up!

Super nice pics Cozmo!! What camera is that!?? Super clean, pictures looks like it's real life!! Thank you so much for coming and thanks for posting.

By the way, I put my high boost pulley back on this morning and I put down 423.1 today on the same dyno you ran on (the bigger pods). I'll post it up in the next day or two after I have a chance to scan it.

Last year on the same dyno I only put out 372.9 that day. The only things I've changed since then is a little less meth and more water to bring my A/F ratio between 11.5/1 and 12.0/1. Also high flow cats and today was about 20 degres cooler.

I've been debating doing the laminova aftercooler/intercooler. But I'm not sure how much more I should push it on stock internals. It'll be safer since it's running cooler, yet risky since it'll put 10% more power down. And if I decide to do the bottom end, I'll run more boost too so I have a lot more room for more power. Just not sure how extreme I wanna go...

Super nice pics Cozmo!! What camera is that!?? Super clean, pictures looks like it's real life!! Thank you so much for coming and thanks for posting.

By the way, I put my high boost pulley back on this morning and I put down 423.1 today on the same dyno you ran on (the bigger pods). I'll post it up in the next day or two after I have a chance to scan it.

Last year on the same dyno I only put out 372.9 that day. The only things I've changed since then is a little less meth and more water to bring my A/F ratio between 11.5/1 and 12.0/1. Also high flow cats and today was about 20 degres cooler.

I've been debating doing the laminova aftercooler/intercooler. But I'm not sure how much more I should push it on stock internals. It'll be safer since it's running cooler, yet risky since it'll put 10% more power down. And if I decide to do the bottom end, I'll run more boost too so I have a lot more room for more power. Just not sure how extreme I wanna go...

Wow, really? How many PSI is that? According to my logs it looks like I hit a max of 7.8 psi today. I'd love to put my boost to 12 or 18 or something crazy but a motor build is so much money (I'd want to do the 3.5L stroker of course) and I can't justify it, probably ever.

My camera is a Canon Digital Rebel. It is 6.5 years old now.. I'm actually getting a new lens this week because my pictures never look very sharp to me any more for some reason. I've been wanting a better lens anyway for a while since this is the one that came with the camera so now I have a good excuse.

A quick question: I noticed that most of the NSX's that turned up yesterday didn't have a front license plate displayed. From what I've read, WA state does require a front license plate to be shown. How do you guys avoid being stopped by the local police for this? I was actually pulled over the second day after driving my NSX into WA from CA because the temporary permit was on the wrong window (should have been on the rear) so I know they at least kind of keep an eye open for this kind of thing.

A quick question: I noticed that most of the NSX's that turned up yesterday didn't have a front license plate displayed. From what I've read, WA state does require a front license plate to be shown. How do you guys avoid being stopped by the local police for this? I was actually pulled over the second day after driving my NSX into WA from CA because the temporary permit was on the wrong window (should have been on the rear) so I know they at least kind of keep an eye open for this kind of thing.

You'll hear all sorts of opinions. Here's the bottom line:

It IS required.

It's unlikely you'll get a ticket.

If you do, it's $120 fix it.

It's just another reason to get pulled over. My NSX got nailed in issaquah, and it's probably more due to them being bored than anything else. Where you are in the state (bellevue/east side/ bored cop areas) has more to do with it than anything. Prior to that, I never ran a front plate on ANY of my cars for 8 years. I thought it was hilarious that it was my NSX to get nailed.

If you don't want the hassle, just run the plate. If you look closely, you'll see guys running the SOS "flip" plates... where you flip it down... also guys running plates tucked up/behind or flat within the bumper. Lots of options....

I run a front plate on my 997, but just screwed into the tow hook so I can remove it for serious photo ops, etc... you get used to it after awhile

Last edited:
Actually its a 216$ ticket, ask me how i know :mad:

The previous owner of my car got 5 tickets for no front plate, thats a 1K license plate on my car lol. Its going no where but "affixed" to my front bumper per state law.

I got into an argument with the officer after receiving the ticket because I could not believe that its higher than a seat belt ticket, which is actually a public safety concern. What a deuche. Was in my volvo too which I would have never guessed getting pulled over for no front plate.

It's indirectly a safety concern. Good luck finding a hit and run driver or a DUI if there's no plate. Sounds silly, until you can't find someone who just sent a kid to the hospital.

I have yet to stop anyone for no front plate.

I have my front plate installed.

Do what you think is best.

I can understand that. Always thought it was one of those things that they would note if you were pulled over for another traffic violation. I was sitting at a red light and a biker cop pulled a U turn behind me just to give me a no front plate ticket :rolleyes:

In a volvo for pete sake lol. Other than the Advans and front mount was pretty stock at the time.

Well, there's your problem. Bike cops exist for two reasons, to investigate collisions and to write tickets. Seriously, it's in the department policy manual, although in nicer terms. It's also the reason I never want to be a bike cop.

Back