• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$50 Dyno Runs. 3 pulls, air temp & air fuel.

hi there

im opening up at 10am and people are arriving about that time, you can bring your car at 9am and i'll open up early to change your oil. please confirm with me today and give me a call 661 251 7674 so i know for sure and will wake up an hour earlier after a hard night's parting on friday. :biggrin:

bring 6 quarts. better to have 1 quart extra than .5 a quart shy.

BTW RP is some real good stuff. i need to start using it.

just got home...its 1 am.

i'll catch you guys bright and early tomorrow. bring cameras for pictures and what not.:wink:

we are here all day every day. you can drop by any time to get your car dynoed but i'll setup for another even in March for those of you who missed this one. :wink:

HOLY CRAP!

just put on perry's ARK exhaust and that stubid thing put out extra 14HP :eek:

i was expecting 5-8 but damn! its a consistant 14 HP.

removing the dirty UNI air filter netted him 4HP gain at the wheels and the exhaust another 14HP over baseline of 4HP + with out UNI.

247 with dirty UNI. With the unit the A/F was 10:1 from 5K to Redline

251 with out UNI, A/F was very perfect 12.5-13 from 5K to Redline. Also manifold Vaccum dropped .1

265 with the ARK exhaust install and perfect A/F!

We did 1 run with the UNI, was getting very rich conditions. took it off, did 2 runs, gained 4 HP. Installed the new ARK exhaust. Did 3 runs and gained 14HP. DYNO GRAPIC below shows the best of the first 2 runs with OEM EX and the best of 3 runs with ARK.

ladies and gents, check your UNI air filters. If your UNI looks black or even have a hint of dirt, its time to wash it.

Im speechless :eek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

WOW!

Last edited:
Steve go Apexi :biggrin:

i got 10K on the supra driving hard on it, there is not on one spec of dust, i can eat off that baby.

UNI? :tongue:

also i got your dyno chart and data log. come and pick it up sometimes or i can bring it to the valencia meet in 2 weeks.

If you guys have any pictures, please post it here.

Thank everyone for coming out today and making this a great event.

Next dyno day will be mid March for those of you who missed the event this time.

Last edited:
:biggrin:
Thanks Rob and Sam for all the work.
I'm pretty happy how everything turned out.
Exceeded my expectations!!
Too bad I did not see the other cars earlier that day.
Josh's car was loud but Simo's car was jet plane loud!
Nice to have SOPG close by to work on our NSXs.
I like the upskirt shot of my car!
Thanks also to Ted Lee of ARK for meeting me halfway in Glendale to personally deliver the exhaust Thursday night.
I'll clean my UNI filter in the AM!
Thanks again Rob!
Perry

Hi Perry, thanks again for coming out. It was nice to meet your wife and kids. If you want the full sized pictures of your car, let me know and i'll email them to you.

Simo's car was just REDICULIOUSLY loud hun?! I got some video of it and when it was close to redline, you can see the paint and dust start to fall off the roof... looked almost like it was snowing. :biggrin: Simo, pm me or give me a call on the cell tommorrow and we'll arrange a time for us to trouble shoot your fuel system problem and to put your nsx on a diet

Josh, lover in dash computer setup. Its very slick and "OEM".

Gene thanks for dropping buy. Your car is putting out some great numbers and good job on keeping your car running tip top.

Steve, love your SC. Would love to take it for a spin on the streets on of these days.

Porsche 944 Turbo guy. Im not sure if he is a prime member, but with a little tuning, we can net you about 60-70 HP easy with it tuned and running at a reasonable a/f :tongue:

Once again, we thank everyone for showing up to the Speed Oracle NSX PRIME dyno event. For everyone that didnt make it due to short notice, you can drop by any time during the week and weekend or catch the next dyno day get togeather in mid March. :smile:

If anyone needs work done on their nsx big or small, give us a ring.

Speed Oracle Performance Garage (SOPG)
ask for Rob
661.251.SOPG(7674)

Can I get my M coupe dynoed at that price? I want to see how much of a difference my exhaust, intake, and chip made.

Nice exhaust Perry, I wish I could have stayed around to see you before I had to go. Anyway, here's a copy of my results. I'm running the same exhaust has Perry...Ark DT-X, K&N filter, ACT forged clutch (if that even makes a difference) and a Downforce air intake. According to information I found on Prime http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/measure.htm a stock 3.2 makes 250rwhp. I'm putting out 271rwhp, a gain of 21rwhp; and for the few mods I've done I'm pretty happy with that. More pics and video to follow soon.

Attachments

• dyno graph.jpg
    dyno graph.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Nice exhaust Perry, I wish I could have stayed around to see you before I had to go.

Thanks Gene for letting me hear your exhaust a month ago. That ride with you finalized my decision on OUR exhaust!
Shout out also goes to HUGH and NSXTASY for the help with ARK. Prime is just full of great people!! Thanks Lud.

Rob, thanks again for having us all out there. We'll have to do it again......
Check your inbox.

It was good seeing familiar faces out there and meeting some new people.

Perry, congrats on the exhaust. It sounds sweet and isn't too loud :rolleyes: You need a pair of DC headers to top that off. Your car should dyno super high after that.

As for my exhaust I think it's probably the loudest setup out there, except for Johnny Han's custom setup. Driving behind his car for 15 minutes left my ears ringing for a few hours :eek:

Simo, your exhaust rattles the paint off my walls... you bet its the loudest setup! :eek: That cop pulled you over cause he was on the 10, heard you driving on the 405, 20 miles away, busted ass at 130mph to come and pull you over :biggrin:

Im also trying to get a hold 14000FPM fan for the dyno, with that in place and your loud exhaust it will be a class 3 storm in there.

Gene, speaking of pictures here are 2 pictures of your pedal before and after.

peddel1.jpg

peddel2.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked up your address on google maps and it looks like your a good 2 hours away from me... :frown:

I had a very nice time, thanks for everything Robert! It's always fun to meet new partners in crime!

Simo, your car is insane.. I don't recall - have you removed your headliner? That's probably worth a few lbs!

Here are my charts:

Car is a 91 with 154k miles.
Mods: Comptech Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, DF Scoop, Comptech Unifilter, Comptech PG2 Clutch, Heavy 18's..

JH4NA1_Dyno.jpg

Data from run1:

JH4NA1_DynoData1.JPG

Data from run2 (w/o filter)

JH4NA1_DynoData2.JPG

-Josh

Back