• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th Annual NSX Canyon Drive Picture Thread

moving pic over here from the other forum.

6147canyon1-med.jpg

You LUCKY bass turds!!! :biggrin:

Just when the sting of not having my black beauty in the stable was kinda sorta lil'bit wearing off, I have to look at these damn pics and torture myself!!! :mad: :wink:

I better have my next one by NSXPO!!!

Bumming out that I missed PrimeDRIVE V !!!

Looks like a fun time and a completely different route then last year huh?

any party crashers??? :biggrin:

Great pics guys!!! See y'all next year!!!

AWWWW!!! I miss all my West Coast buddies!

I swear as soon as my car is back together and running I am driving out there again to hang out...I am glad you guys had a great run, and a safe one... I wish I could have been there! :biggrin:

Here are a few more pics:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,059
Its the Volk Racing F-Zero Daytona Speed.

Thanks Adrian! I hadn't seen Jon's car in a really long time, but I thought it might be his. Too bad it wasn't there that day we were at Power Acura. I love the way those rears look!

Mike

hopup1_1848_56370772

synergy004 said:
I see cameras, so whens the vid gonna be done

As I mentioned in the other drive thread, I had some issues with my video this year...and I am pretty busy, so I probably won't be editing it any time soon.

On that note, did anyone have a forward mounted video camera on this run? I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the footage to mix with mine (since my entire run is looking back from the fron tof the pack). Plus, there were a lot of sections when I had NO ONE behind me. :D

akira3d said:
As I mentioned in the other drive thread, I had some issues with my video this year...and I am pretty busy, so I probably won't be editing it any time soon.

On that note, did anyone have a forward mounted video camera on this run? I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the footage to mix with mine (since my entire run is looking back from the fron tof the pack). Plus, there were a lot of sections when I had NO ONE behind me. :D

I got 3 dv tapes worth of in-cabin forward facing Fury XX chase video. I could extract some parts from them.. The camera was mounted a little low so it's not exactly the best angle, but there's some sections that looked nice.

-Josh

Joshs, I'd love to copy the highlights from those DV tapes.

I'm ALMOST done with my pics. Here are a few more:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 938
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 927
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 4,907
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 617
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
I just finished my pictures and uploaded them to ImageStation. For links to this album and links to my video(s) from the drive, I started another thread. Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 595
SLIPPINnSLIDING said:
...Is there even much meaning for trying to bring life back to a salvaged 91' white NSX?...

Yes...you are saving another NSX from the crusher, and giving it a second chance at life. I have done that and felt satisfaction from seeing the car when I got it, to seeing it when it was finished. It is a good feeling. :smile:

A few more

Attachments

• Early Assembly.jpg
    Early Assembly.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 515
  • Em Up.jpg
    Em Up.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 497
  • Roadside Stop.jpg
    Roadside Stop.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 510
  • Nice Mix of Colors.jpg
    Nice Mix of Colors.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 508
  • A Lot With A Lot 1.jpg
    A Lot With A Lot 1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 514
A few more, including some twins

Attachments

• A Lot With A Lot 2.jpg
    A Lot With A Lot 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 498
  • A Lot With A Lot 3.jpg
    A Lot With A Lot 3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 504
  • Twins 1.jpg
    Twins 1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 509
  • Twins 2.jpg
    Twins 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 507
We would like to first thank the people who helped me with the cordination of the drive (in no particular order).

ss_md (Scott) It was nice talking to you about 20 times a day for a couple of weeks, getting everything sorted out.

SoCalNSX (Dave) I really appreciate you collecting the monies and keeping the paid list in order.

NSXTC (Marc) For being the leader of the pack. You'd be the first to get a ticket (if we were speeding)

John Martin Showed up early and teched every NSX, and actually found 2 NSX's that I almost sent home (after some pleading by the owners). Tires were marginal, to say the least.

I appreciate all the well wishes and offers to help in the future! Without you guys, it would have been just some empty canyons, lonely roads and an empty restaurant (they opened 3hrs early for us). Tina and I had a great time and found the NSX as fun as ever! (with child at the in-laws) After some new Goodyear F1 GS-D3's and some SOS sways, I found the feel and control of my NSX to the be perfect and very, very balanced.

I'm glad that the only incident was a flat tire, caused by a rock. A V was created in the wheel and the tire wasn't happy and went flat. Steve Riter came to the rescue with his spare (owners spare was at home, to save weight).

It was a typical California summer day (mid 70's) and although we did get lost, it was all fun and there wasn't a dull moment all day long. Starting at around 8am and finishing at 3 ish. It felt like about 2hrs!!!

Take care everyone,
John and Tina :smile:

Back