• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

8/25/2016 Live Reveal - NSX "Super Sport"?

There appears to be some kind of live debut of a Super Sport version of the NSX next Thursday. I don't know too much else since with it being difficult to translate from Japanese.

attachment.php

Press Release: spr.ly/6016BFYQe<strike></strike>

Attachments

• CqTRW1qWEAAr4uA.jpg
    CqTRW1qWEAAr4uA.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 257
Really doubt this is a new variant. It would be shockingly incompetent timing if that were the case (but, given recent events, perhaps we cannot rule out.

I suspect "Super sport" is bad translation of Japanese equivalent of "Supercar" and not a premium edition of the NSX.

Really doubt this is a new variant. It would be shockingly incompetent timing if that were the case (but, given recent events, perhaps we cannot rule out.

I suspect "Super sport" is bad translation of Japanese equivalent of "Supercar" and not a premium edition of the NSX.

You're probably right. it just seems odd since the car is fully revealed and all over their site even http://www.honda.co.jp/NSX/new/. What value does this have?

I guess it might just simply be the official Japanese launch.

Last edited:
Yep, this will be the full Japanese launch of the new Honda NSX. The car is listed on the .co.jp site, but not in any detail. All you can do in Japan is request a brochure - there are no more official details at present. The next NSX dealers have been announced - they are listed by region in the grey drop down selection box near the bottom of the current new NSX main page. All will be revealed on Thursday. What this means for the many web pages for the Gen 1 car, I don't know - hopefully they will still be accessible.

The Refresh Plan for Gen 1 cars is on hold at the moment - a new refresh plan menu will be available on 1 October 2016, according to the site.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know too much else since with it being difficult to translate from Japanese.

Press Release: spr.ly/6016BFYQe<strike></strike>

Google Chrome is your friend here - in settings, tick the box under languages that offers to translate pages in a language that you don't read. - works for me!

Back