• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 Acura NSX with 02 conversion

I bought myself an NSX after many years of researching (and comparing with other possible cars). Any ways long story short, I bought it at the end of last year at 48k miles on a 92 with a 2002 conversion. I wanted the new 02 look but didnt like the price tag so with a little bit of timing and luck, I found her.

I had some free time at the beginning of the month so I took her out for some photos and got what I wanted. Let me know what you think.

http://paulsvang.com/mylife/shooting-my-nsx-on-april-fools/

Actually looks great - congrats on the purchase and welcome! Jay

where did you get this from? I mean we would have seen it advertised. that thing looks nice as shit. one of my NSX's which is a 92 also has everything converted to 02+
except the front. I may just do a conversion if the outcome is gonna be that good looking.

If I'm not mistaken it looks like the black 02 conversion that was done by umbrella auto.

I recall the car being listed on prime for sale about half a year ago shortly after the conversion was finished.

Nice looking car, I also have black 92 with 02 facelift. Nothing like paying 30k and looking like your driving 60k around !

thanks guys.

MWY - you are correct. Umbrella did the conversion on this car. it turned out great. The owner Mika sold it to an older gentlemen in the bay area. The guy bought a new car and needed garage space so I picked it up in december.

Damn that car was a steal for the price it sold for! And a nice looking paint job with all oem parts too.

Terrific find and congratulations. Great photos and made the car look super glossy.

MYW - where were you when this was listed in Dec or was it listed at all?

Mika? Her prime name was adidassoccer15. She moved back to Seattle where she lives. We went to the same univeresity, SMC. lol. what a coincidence. Glad to see her car is back to Prime.

I am so jelly. I wanted that car from her too... Take care of her

Last edited:
She sold it at 46k miles. The guy bought it about 2-3 years ago and put about 2k miles on the car and did the clutch tires etc. He just didn't really drive it. I bought it at 48k miles. Great car so far. No problems and no regrets. It was a good build.

omgnsxy - I was looking for white but couldnt find any. black was my second choice. Secondly I like the face lift. I think it looks more modern.

- - - Updated - - -

Did know this is Jeff. Sorry I couldnt make it to the grand opening. been busy with life, work and church. Anyhow keep in touch.

Last edited:
rdtech -

I am from Sacramento as well. If you've seen a black/black floating around the area that looks exactly like yours minus the nsx-r wing, thats me. Macninja77 is my neighbor, he currently has a blue, red and yellow one. We should do a shoot sometime.

Great looking conversion. Any other shots you can post up?

Bluebeast(Xahmeng). Whats up. Yes we need to get together for some photos of the ride. That would be awesome.

06_types - I will try to post up more pic. I just havent had the time.

Back