• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

:confused: is th op having a conversation with himself aka multiple personalities?

he quoted my reply but it didn't show up as a quote...

Makes sense. I'll know in the future not to buy one locally if ones FS.

I looked briefly, including the NHTSA/DOT homework, at getting an R32 GTR before I found my NSX. Basically, there were IMO too many variables/risks involved for my taste. Tennessee is one of the easiest states to get a vehicle of any type registered. I read several accounts of people in FL, TX, and CA getting cars siezed due to improper importation. If that happens you have no recourse. Even if you bought and registered the car in good faith, they take it, you are SOL. Some folks can take a $20,000 gamble, but not I at the moment....besides, if I want one, early R32s will be exempt pretty soon anyway due to their age.

I advise anyone looking at a "gray market" car to really do your homework before jumping on a very enticing bandwagon.

I advise anyone looking at a "gray market" car to really do your homework before jumping on a very enticing bandwagon.

This is very good advice. I personally would be wary of having a 21 yr-old in the "mits of buyin a real type R" be the intermediary in any NSX purchase.

I know a guy in Illinois that has a skyline r33 and he has it registered as "nissan 240sx with skyline bodykit" , another guy has a lancer evo 2 and has it registered as "mirrage with jdm front clip" and then 2 other people just changed a few things around and they have evo 5 or 6 ( i'm not too sure ) just under a regular mirage and nobody bothers them :biggrin:

If you bought this on yahoo Japan auctions, how did you get it here, and who did the federalizing for you to get the New York title you said it has? Plus, you seem pretty laid back for a guy that was sold a Type-S and did not get one. I would be pretty upset.

Also, I would be really curious how you did this seemingly very quickly, yet there is a member here on NSX Prime that I know by reputation has what seems to be an unlimited budget, yet even he could not get a real JDM NSX-R into the United States legally, and I would love to have a real NSX-R over here in the United States.

It looks like a nice car. How many miles are on it? What kind of mods did you buy it with? The car looks clean!

Last edited:
Yeah there's a late model RHD Mazda here in town, too. Not sure of the year, but it's not THAT old. I talked to the owner and I asked about how he managed to get it imported and he just smiled and said "with enough time and money and knowlege of customs laws, it can be done..." Though this OP may be off base...
I had a friend in high school with a RHD Mazda in CA. It was special ordered right through the dealer, and he got it new, titled, and insured. He had a RHD since his family planned to take it to Europe when they moved back.

seems to be some haters on here first of all i own my own buisness im 27 and married im not some blow job off the streets and if i got enough money to import one what makes you think that i cant get an NSXr and for "oscar driver" come to my place and see it if you dont belive. and if its not a type s what ever its still been my dream car sense i was a kid. heres more pics for the none belivers

Attachments

• buddys porche.jpg
    buddys porche.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 720
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 725
  • wife and car.jpg
    wife and car.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 718
nsxtypes, you'll have to excuse the doubters. You'll have to admit that was a pretty ambitious first post on a board that has definately seen its share of 16 year-olds looking for attention/trying to stir stuff up :biggrin: Pretty much any time someone mentions importing a Type R into the 'states about half the board roll their eyes "here we go again...".

Some will give you benefit of the doubt, others will continue to question the validity of your pictures. Others have better things to do than try to vet every new poster (raises hand).

Are you a Registered Importer by profession or is that something you do on the side?

haterade.jpg

you know i heard the same thing from jdm nissan owners. I also wanter to import a crx sir wich theres about 10 of them in the usa. But like you said they can take them in a heart beat.

Yeah, I have resigned myself to waiting on stuff to become age exempt. I have also seriously toyed with the idea of trying to bring in a TVR Tuscan. Second-hand they are really relatively cheap in the UK (with some miles on them obviously), but dear God, if you think it's hard to import a JDM car...

Okay...lets try this again. How did you get a New York title on this car, and where did you buy it from, and who handled the importation? If you really did this, this should be a really easy question, and would help others do the same. Also, I really would like to know more details about the car. How many miles are on it? What mods did it have, and how much did it cost for future reference? I am interested, and would like to bring in one of my own if it is that easy. Heck....maybe you would just sell me your car. Anyway...let us know. Thanks!

Last edited:
seems to be some haters on here first of all i own my own buisness im 27 and married im not some blow job off the streets and if i got enough money to import one what makes you think that i cant get an NSXr and for "oscar driver" come to my place and see it if you dont belive. and if its not a type s what ever its still been my dream car sense i was a kid. heres more pics for the none belivers

See what Mitch said ^^

I'm not sure why you're surprised to see some negativity in regards to your posts. :confused: I'm not sure if English is your primary language but your writing skills are consistent with a child's and you claim to have done something no one else has been able to do to this point--people who probably have a lot more time, money, resources and knowledge than you have.

In addition, the fact that you truly believed this car was a Type-S makes me doubt the validity of you and your story. I'm not sure what business(es) you run but to make a mistake like that shows a serious lack of judgment and foolishness. There's no way the car would have been classified by any even quasi-official licensing agency as a Type-S if it were not; furthermore if it is a true Type-S it can't be a 1992 and that would not be listed as such by said agency.

Showing us some more pics of a chopped-up, riced-out car because we don't "believe" you is pointless. You're making claims which are highly unlikely and your tone and cadence don't provide any support to indicate that you have the ability/resources to obtain such a car. And yet, even if you did, you were foolish enough to truly believe it was a Type-S.

The pieces just don't fit my friend. Calling us haters instead of answering simple questions about a whopper of a claim surrounded by inconsistent factors doesn't accomplish anything. I'm dying to see the info that Mitch and others have asked for multiple times.

I know of several people who will be on the next flight to Japan to get an NSX-R/NSX-S if it's possible.

Last edited:

Mate even I'm skeptical of your original post as the red flags are:
a) RHD NSX
b) Not a Type S
c) youthful post which signalled someone toying with NSX Prime.

However, I think Meeyatch has some good questions as I'm sure alot of NSX Primers would love to bring in the Type R. You are achieving something that no one here on NSX Prime has done and import a Japanese Spec NSX. It could be because the car was imported into Canada first and somehow you either played your cards right at the border or seriously found a loophole to get RHD NSX's into the U.S.

I'm from Canada and I know that there is a 15-year exemption rule so that's why your car and many other RHD's are now appearing in Canada.

Any help you can provide fellow Primers would be greatly appreciated in order to source Type R's.

Last edited:
Hi,
Fantastic that you managed to import this. I moved from Japan to the US in 2005 and tried really hard for months to find a way to bring my nsx with me, in the end I had to give it up sell it in Japan and purchased another one in the US.

When I returned to Japan in 2007 I repatriated the Acura with me, very easy to bring that in but a little pricey!

I am also interested for future reference how did you manage to do this ? I found it like banging my head of the wall when I was trying to find a way around the various rules and restrictions.

By the way, the car you have, what grade was assigned to it at the Japanese auction ? all cars here are professionally graded inside and outside so that you know exactly what you are getting - the auction here would never name a car as a type-S that isnt (and it cant be as they were not produced until model year 2007)

//Kye

See what Mitch said ^^

I'm not sure why you're surprised to see some negativity in regards to your posts. :confused: I'm not sure if English is your primary language but your writing skills are consistent with a child's and you claim to have done something no one else has been able to do to this point--people who probably have a lot more time, money, resources and knowledge than you have.

In addition, the fact that you truly believed this car was a Type-S makes me doubt the validity of you and your story. I'm not sure what business(es) you run but to make a mistake like that shows a serious lack of judgment and foolishness. There's no way the car would have been classified by any even quasi-official licensing agency as a Type-S if it were not; furthermore if it is a true Type-S it can't be a 1992 and that would not be listed as such by said agency.

Showing us some more pics of a chopped-up, riced-out car because we don't "believe" you is pointless. You're making claims which are highly unlikely and your tone and cadence don't provide any support to indicate that you have the ability/resources to obtain such a car. And yet, even if you did, you were foolish enough to truly believe it was a Type-S.

The pieces just don't fit my friend. Calling us haters instead of answering simple questions about a whopper of a claim surrounded by inconsistent factors doesn't accomplish anything. I'm dying to see the info that Mitch and others have asked for multiple times.

I know of several people who will be on the next flight to Japan to get an NSX-R/NSX-S if it's possible.

Dude, riced out Nsx? It has wheels, west wing front lip, marga hills sides, and suspension with not even a wing. I hardly call that riced out. Furthermore, he said it MAY NOT be a type S. Just saying dude.

Anyways, yeah congrats on bringing a right hand drive Nsx into the states if you really did do it. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Stephen

first my english sucks cause i hated school second if you go to rightdrive.ca the owner is michel kent and i met him at Importfest in toronto canada when i was there showing off my 95 honda civic coupe RHD!!!!!! my friend "johny" that ownes that charcoal grey R32 and i where talking to the owner and i wanted to get the nsx youll see the car on the sold list and for its price tag which cam to 47k american after all taxes and shippin and insurance 33k just for car. then the car was then driven over the borter on a dealer plate to me at the hard rock cafe on 333 prospect ave niagra falls new york then pick up by me with my dealer plate and driven home title was taking care of by a good friend i cant dislose what he does thats how he makes his money he mainly did skylines but he was a friend of a friend. now me and johny made a few conection with auctions in japan and where going to start doing it ourselfs couse we found a good way to start doin this

is that answer all questions besides mods ill get to those and is that descriptive enough for you NSXGMS

Mods

ARC intake
Comptech Headers
5zigen catback exhaust
Mines ECU
Mines vtec controller
Exedy twin disc clutch
Exedy flywheel
NSX type R input shaft
front lip
side skirts
JDM rear spats
BBS 2 piece Goldline LM Wheels
NSX type R rotors
HID's
Tein struts
Tein springs
NSX type R sub frame support bars
short throw shifter
Pioneer component set
Momo steering wheel
Carbon Fiber instrument panel trim​

Last edited:
Dude, riced out Nsx? It has wheels, west wing front lip, marga hills sides, and suspension with not even a wing. I hardly call that riced out. Furthermore, he said it MAY NOT be a type S. Just saying dude.

Anyways, yeah congrats on bringing a right hand drive Nsx into the states if you really did do it. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Stephen

also anatoly has seen it and i dont know hes screen name but hes on here hes a lawyer in syracuse that is part of track masters and doin that kids day thing ill be there if any one is neer by that wants to come

Well, New York does border Canada... and looking at all of those pictures I'm not seeing the NYS inspection/reg stickers that are supposed to be displayed in the window.... on any of those cars. Actually, I take that back.. I can kinda see them on the Supra, but not the others.

Is this a Canadian meet? Is the car registered in Canada still?

It looks really nice regardless... you have to tell us how you got it in.

Last edited:
cant remember the grade ill call right drive tommorrow and ask the car came with 68k miles 112k kilometers ish they said it was a one owner no damage at all if you know the auctions most are wrecked and repaired my wasnt one off the good things about it

I think we shoud all chip in and buy him a new keyboard complete with PUNCTUATION..
If you want people to take you seriously, typing like a 15 year old on a cell phone isn't the way to do it. :biggrin:
If english isn't your first language I suppose we could excuse it.

Well, New York does border Canada... and looking at all of those pictures I'm not seeing the NYS inspection/reg stickers that are supposed to be displayed in the window.... on any of those cars.

Is this a Canadian meet? Is the car registered in Canada still?

It looks really nice regardless...

no i just havent got it done yet i have been pulled over a few times but i show them my NYS inspecters license the shows were Carlile PA 09 that is my wife in the backround on one the other with the supra is hot inport night in english town new jersey 09 and the R34, R32, and my civic is at NOPI in columbus ohio last year 08 i think a couple of the pics i hade my dealer plate on couse it took a bit to get the title back

heres a pic of my licencse for the none belivers lol

Attachments

• pic lic.jpg
    pic lic.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2,048
Back