• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

Guys,

You need to give Ryan a break, just spoke to him on the phone. He is legit and his car did come with Type S seats which hes talking to the guy he sold it to if I can buy it back. Ryan is a friend of mine so I don't really appreciate all these unnecessary comments, but I told Ryan all you can control is yourself, you can't control others. The Buddhists say if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself, for your own benefit.

I am buying this car by the way, which to me is a great deal. Because NSXes prices only go up in Thailand they don't go down like in the states because of the high demand and low supply. Just went and saw 2 NSXes this past couple of days and they were clean but they are asking 3.8 million baht with moderate mods. And these are 1991-1994s. An 02 plus Type R in Thailand is 12 million Baht. The exchage rate is 1$ = 33.8 Baht. You do the math.

Doesn't matter if it is a real Type S or not, he does own the only RHD drive NSX in the states.

The haters should give it a rest, really, its kind of childish. The only reason Ryan is selling this car is to help his father, which I think is a noble thing most people wouldn't do, which makes me lucky because it would cost me double that if I get it from Japan and that doesn't even include the shipping costs and the shitload of taxes you got to pay here locally. Be happy it is cheap for you guys to own NSXes in the states.

Peace.

Oh by the way. I am looking for RHD vehicles. Posted a WTB thread if any of you guys know anyone who is selling. I am liquidating 80% of my assets and moving back to Thailand for good.

Last edited:
Guys,

You need to give Ryan a break, just spoke to him on the phone. He is legit and his car did come with Type S seats which hes talking to the guy he sold it to if I can buy it back. Ryan is a friend of mine so I don't really appreciate all these unnecessary comments, but I told Ryan all you can control is yourself, you can't control others. The Buddhists say if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself, for your own benefit.

I am buying this car by the way, which to me is a great deal. Because NSXes prices only go up in Thailand they don't go down like in the states because of the high demand and low supply. Just went and saw 2 NSXes this past couple of days and they were clean but they are asking 3.8 million baht with moderate mods. And these are 1991-1994s. An 02 plus Type R in Thailand is 12 million Baht. The exchage rate is 1$ = 33.8 Baht. You do the math.

Doesn't matter if it is a real Type S or not, he does own the only RHD drive NSX in the states.

The haters should give it a rest, really, its kind of childish. The only reason Ryan is selling this car is to help his father, which I think is a noble thing most people wouldn't do, which makes me lucky because it would cost me double that if I get it from Japan and that doesn't even include the shipping costs and the shitload of taxes you got to pay here locally. Be happy it is cheap for you guys to own NSXes in the states.

Peace.

Oh by the way. I am looking for RHD vehicles. Posted a WTB thread if any of you guys know anyone who is selling. I am liquidating 80% of my assets and moving back to Thailand for good.

Advertising the car as a Type-S when the seller knows very well it is not is dishonest and deceitful. That behavior is indefensible, friend or not.

He might have thought it was a Type-S when this thread began and I'd call that an honest mistake but he was corrected yet still chose to advertise the car as something it's not. Is fraud part of the Buddhist philosophy?

Ryan has told me that this car is registered in Japan as a Type S and he is just relaying the information as he has received it. It is true that a Type S is made from 97 on and that this car is probably just a clone like the many R's here on Prime. However, he uses genuine Honda parts so, I have no problem with that, as long as the car is nice, it doesn't have to be the real real thing. I don't see any deception there.

Will Renaming the thread make everyone happy? Why is it such a big deal? The car is still cheap never the less, I just want the Type S seats as well since they are hard to find.

Peace
Peace

Ryan has told me that this car is registered in Japan as a Type S and he is just relaying the information as he has received it. It is true that a Type S is made from 97 on and that this car is probably just a clone like the many R's here on Prime. However, he uses genuine Honda parts so, I have no problem with that, as long as the car is nice, it doesn't have to be the real real thing. I don't see any deception there.

Will Renaming the thread make everyone happy? Why is it such a big deal? The car is still cheap never the less, I just want the Type S seats as well since they are hard to find.

Peace
Peace

It is not a Type-S in any way, shape or form nor is it registered as such in Japan. He would be mistaken or lying if he claims so unless VINs have been switched out or something crazy which I would doubt.

There's no problem with Ryan in this thread--I think you're missing the point. At this time my only issue is with his misleading advertisement of the car which is in a different thread. I don't think anyboby's hating on him for anything other than that.

The car itself appears to be fine and I understand the circumstances surrounding it and am not questioning why he's selling it at all. He has every right to sell it for any reason which is none of anyone's business. It's now a legitimate, legally imported car but what it is not is a Type-S and Ryan has acknowledged this fact yet deliberately claimed that is was in his advertisement. This is unacceptable.

This quote on NSX Prime's site says the NSX lightweight was introduced in 1992 if you scroll all the way to the bottom and search type S.

"At 2800 pounds, the S.Zero is lighter by 212 pounds than the stock coupe, and it can lap Honda's Suzuka F1 circuit 1.5 seconds faster than the NSX-R, the original, legendary NSX lightweight, born in Japan in 1992. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and 13 seconds flat for the quarter mile. Like the NSX-R, it was developed primarily for the track. (Honda sees it as a kind of weekend racer.) But it's not as extreme as the R so, yes, you could even use it for commuting. The carbon-fiber Recaros are finished in orange and black. Front spring rates are more than double those of the new 3.2 (at the back, rates are up two-thirds). Shock rates are beefed up correspondingly. It has a lighter, single-mass flywheel. Much of the sound deadening material has been removed to reduce weight.

I will have my friend call Honda Japan to make sure, but I don't see Ryan being any kind of a false advertiser. He is super chill and I don't say that about a lot of people.

Peace

It is not a Type-S in any way, shape or form nor is it registered as such in Japan. He would be mistaken or lying if he claims so unless VINs have been switched out or something crazy which I would doubt.

as you say what would the vin be then if you would please not to be an asshole but im curious.

as you say what would the vin be then if you would please not to be an asshole but im curious.

Since your car is not a Type-S if it was registered as such in Japan that would involve a switching of VINs or other fraud of some kind which I'm doubtful of. I'm not aware of what the VINs for a Type-S might be but since you do not have a Type-S I can be sure you don't have one of those VINs nor any evidence that the car was registered as such in Japan. What basis do you have for stating the car was registered as a Type-S in Japan? Post the registration document and we'll have someone translate it and confirm. I guarantee you it won't say Type-S.

Ryan--you DO NOT have a Type-S. You're not actually thinking that you still do are you? Go back and read through this thread. Then alter your for sale listing if you plan on keeping it advertised (although it sounds like the car may be sold to Stick-E)

Last edited:
This quote on NSX Prime's site says the NSX lightweight was introduced in 1992 if you scroll all the way to the bottom and search type S.

"At 2800 pounds, the S.Zero is lighter by 212 pounds than the stock coupe, and it can lap Honda's Suzuka F1 circuit 1.5 seconds faster than the NSX-R, the original, legendary NSX lightweight, born in Japan in 1992. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and 13 seconds flat for the quarter mile. Like the NSX-R, it was developed primarily for the track. (Honda sees it as a kind of weekend racer.) But it's not as extreme as the R so, yes, you could even use it for commuting. The carbon-fiber Recaros are finished in orange and black. Front spring rates are more than double those of the new 3.2 (at the back, rates are up two-thirds). Shock rates are beefed up correspondingly. It has a lighter, single-mass flywheel. Much of the sound deadening material has been removed to reduce weight.

I will have my friend call Honda Japan to make sure, but I don't see Ryan being any kind of a false advertiser. He is super chill and I don't say that about a lot of people.

Peace

You don't have to call Japan--the NA1 Type-R was released in 1992 (1993 according to the FAQ) and the Type-S & S-Zero was released in 1997. See here.

any one can drive a right hand drive on a dealer plate. i posted this months ago. this car is or was driven on a dealer plate when i saw it. it was touted as registered back then. :rolleyes:

I have finally had a chance to read this entire thread, which was brought to my attention by people at NSXPO last month.

I don't have any beef with the OP, nor whatever type of NSX he has. However, what he's done in bringing that NSX to the USA is break the law.

That car, is absolutely inadmissible.

I have an extensive background in rhd vehicles. I owned a Skyline GTR, I run a large Canadian based GTR forum and I know the owner of Right Drive. I know the laws, and I know that there are rhd cars in the states. It still doesn't make them legal. The owners of these cars bring a risk onto themselves. If they choose to do that, that's fine, but they should certainly not be selling these cars to consumers without explaining the legalities and consequences.

Go and google Kaizo Industries.

That's all I can say on the matter, but the new owner of that NSX better make sure its out of the country soon.

it doesn't really matter what is legal here anymore i guess.

the car was purchased by member stick-e-rice in california, who is planning on SOS-ing the car with a 3.8L and itb's and then exporting it. I believe this is the reason they purchased the vehicle, the requirement being it had to be RHD.

Seems like you dont think it can be done. But there is ways around it. I know people who live in canada and the us as well. They drive their cars here and back all the time. Left hand and right hand drive. It is easy to get the car into canada from japan then the us. As you already know. It is very hard to get a car from japan to us soils. But it is very easy to get the car from canada to us. Just like we sell our new cars and used cars with canada friendly emissions. And it works both ways.

If you are willing to pay the buck for anything. It can be done. As you know that money can buy almost anything. It can buy out our white house and all those laws created. Just name the price. Every one will experience it soon for them selves. As you might know that usa is owned by another country. We are so far in debt that people dont know that they are being sold to another country. Just as we speak. You are owned by some one. If china wanted their money back right now. This country would be done.

Rules are made to be broken right?

Im sure the government or the customs are angels. If thats true i would eat my own words my self.

I know a lawyer who has a right hand drive bentey here. Lives 2 blocks away from me. Drives it once in a while. Has a playboy playmate for a whife. How did he get his car? I dont know but it has a full registration and ny plates on it.

Someone said get a ferrari if you cant get a type r nsx.

You cant compare a ferrari to a nsx. I wount even pay the money they are asking for those cars because its not worth the money for what they are, i would reather get a ford gt or a built mustang gt or a cammaro.

But back to customs and gov. Laws. They just make it harder thats all. They are there so they can control the money flow and make their cut. But there is loop holes arround it and if you pay the right person in the gov. Or customs dep. You can make it happen. Show me the money i will show you what can be bought with it.

Your own brother will sell you out for the right price. And it wount be a big deal to him. But you will be stunned.

Just like they had it on the news during the new orleans flood. Were the guy killed his own sister for a bag of ice. Look it up for your selves. True story. Well think about it. He did something that you would never do. Just for the price of a bag of ice. What can someone do for 10000.00 with legit papers for a car?

Im not saying thats what ryan did or thats what it cost. But im saying the papers can be legit 100% if you find the loop arround the laws and regulations by the gov. Or should i say the people.

Ugh, I don't think I've ever read such pure bullshit on Prime ever. Such melodrama, and all this paying off the right people to get your car legit nonsense makes me laugh.

it doesn't really matter what is legal here anymore i guess.

the car was purchased by member stick-e-rice in california, who is planning on SOS-ing the car with a 3.8L and itb's and then exporting it. I believe this is the reason they purchased the vehicle, the requirement being it had to be RHD.

It does matter. That car should not beon us soil. I would advise stick-e-rice to stop announcing to the world where his car is and how long its been here asap. The mods should delete this thread if he wants to keep that car. Regardless of where that car is headed, the fact it is here now is a risk to him. Lets not kid ourselves here.

According to the Ad, it has

• bilstein struts
  • bilstein springs
Bilstein never made springs. If it was a type -s (which we all know it's not) it would have the type s damper/springs and sway bars.

RHD NSX's....are like drugs, hookers, and weapons. Anything is possible to have, if you get caught with them, you have issues.

25 years old and its ok. Otherwise not ok.

Why should I take a hike "bro"? I've been around here a lot longer than you have and guess what? I don't have to worry about my car getting impounded! Har har.

*sigh*

I feel like I'm arguing with a 9 yr old.

Here it is in a simple, easy to read and digest version that I think even you can comprehend:

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2009/08/importation-and-legalization-of.html

Read it, give it some thought, especially in light of what you've just posted. I expect a blow by blow reaction from you with your "money talks" attitude somewhere down the road. When you do prepare your diatribe, can you at least substantiate your points with some legal precedents to show why you and the OP feel you are above the legislation put out by your government?

On a personal note, I am in Canada (its says so right under my name on the left). I don't really care much what you guys do with these cars and your plans to bring in more in the future. We have a 15 year exemption here (with the exception of Quebec which has put a moratorium on rhd cars for the time being) and we enjoy our rhd cars. I owned a Skyline GTR before my NSX. I do, however have many American friends who could stand to get ripped off bythe likes of of the OP so I am posting here so at least the LAW in represented in this thread for future reference. I have friends at Motorex, I know people affected by Kaizo. People like you bother me.

Have fun with it.

You haven't proven anything.

All you've proven is that you can work for your brother's business and you know how to suspend a few cars in a container.

The NSX community would benefit from you not being here.

I hate to jump into something so controversial my first day here, but something seems to be missing here. The car may BE in the US, but it's not REGISTERED in the US. Unless I missed something in reading through this thread, I don't think there's a mystery here. This guy is just taking advantage of the fact that he's got dealer plates and an inspection license to drive the car here without registering it here.

no i just havent got it done yet i have been pulled over a few times but i show them my NYS inspecters license the shows were Carlile PA 09 that is my wife in the backround on one the other with the supra is hot inport night in english town new jersey 09 and the R34, R32, and my civic is at NOPI in columbus ohio last year 08 i think a couple of the pics i hade my dealer plate on couse it took a bit to get the title back

heres a pic of my licencse for the none belivers lol

How does one change ownership in the US without registering the car?
:confused:

Back