• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 NSX GPW? Your thoughts....

Hey guys,

I am thinking of selling my s2000 and getting an NSX. Thing about it is that I'm in Canada, and the selection isn't so vast. However, I came across this one, but for some reason or another it seems a bit off. Is it me or the color isn't original. It's like the Honda Taffata White rather then the GPW or Championship White. I know it's only a picture, but at first glance, im not sure about it....:confused:

Tell me your thoughts......(experienced eyes appreciated).

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NSX/CALGARY/Alberta/5_11117107_20070221112858031/

There's a stock untouched 92 in Burlington, ON with 69k Kms for $37,000. Pretty much showroom condition. FWIW - I dropped by to take a look at it but didn't take it out for a test drive.

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks! I saw that one as well....I'm in Montreal, so anything in Ontario is great, not too far, and much less work than importing one.

The one in Clagary looks decent. I rarely see white/white top/white mirrors. It looks very good like that. The wheels even look good on it.

i live 10 minutes away from that dealership and had to take a look at it when i was there.

Seems to be in pretty good condition.

Flaws i can remember:

two vertical gashes found at the center of the bumper. pretty deep and touched up with some touch up paint.

leather kick panel below the steering wheel shows signs of leather wrap separating and coming apart.

console has some bubbling but not bad but the color did appear off. could have been the lighting.

I didnt get a chance to check the window speed and they have no maintenance history. i.e. timing belt, water pump. ABS pump. Snap ring Range.

Other than that its a very nice looking car with minor flaws. its clean under the bonnet and the truck has mild scratches and scuffs on the underside.

IMHO price is a little high but who knows. it all depends how much you want a white NSX. :)

i live 10 minutes away from that dealership and had to take a look at it when i was there.

Seems to be in pretty good condition.

Flaws i can remember:

two vertical gashes found at the center of the bumper. pretty deep and touched up with some touch up paint.

leather kick panel below the steering wheel shows signs of leather wrap separating and coming apart.

console has some bubbling but not bad but the color did appear off. could have been the lighting.

I didnt get a chance to check the window speed and they have no maintenance history. i.e. timing belt, water pump. ABS pump. Snap ring Range.

Other than that its a very nice looking car with minor flaws. its clean under the bonnet and the truck has mild scratches and scuffs on the underside.

IMHO price is a little high but who knows. it all depends how much you want a white NSX. :)

Thanks for the up close and personal check! I hate judging a car through a picture....I would love a lightly modded one, none accidented. I know the stigma of white Hondas is that everyone charges more for them. I did the same when I sold my TSX, and had to pay a premium for my white S2000...:rolleyes:

Well to answer your original question - it is definitely a repaint with body kit and who knows why? Could be accident damage - who knows and if there is really no paper work - it was most likely picked up at auction. It's a 92 - the top stock would be black. It looks ok - wonder how it drives - it may creak a lot. I would be very wary of a car like this at a dealer without history for that kind of high dollar price with 109k miles on it - I wouldn't touch it. That's for some hot dog guy without the benefit of the Primers at his back. Not for a seasoned used car buyer - not in my opinion anyway. Looks can be decieving and often are.

Question - when was 20, 000 miles ago on the TB/WP and how is that documented? Carfax? MMMMmmmm wouldn't be for me. Too many questions - too many holes in the story to be comfy. "Move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for" ......:cool:

Well to answer your original question - it is definitely a repaint with body kit and who knows why? Could be accident damage - who knows and if there is really no paper work - it was most likely picked up at auction. It's a 92 - the top stock would be black. It looks ok - wonder how it drives - it may creak a lot. I would be very wary of a car like this at a dealer without history for that kind of high dollar price with 109k miles on it - I wouldn't touch it. That's for some hot dog guy without the benefit of the Primers at his back. Not for a seasoned used car buyer - not in my opinion anyway. Looks can be decieving and often are.

Question - when was 20, 000 miles ago on the TB/WP and how is that documented? Carfax? MMMMmmmm wouldn't be for me. Too many questions - too many holes in the story to be comfy. "Move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for" ......:cool:

Thanks for your pov...

It's just that hard to deal with yearning of wanting a NSX so bad, I have to make sure I don't get clouded in my judgement.

I have a pristine, showroom quality, '92 GPW with 32,000 mi just north of Indianapolis with only HONDA Type-R upgrade parts for $38,000, buyer ships.
For that price I keep the wing, hood, wheels, back to OEM, the rest goes.
Look at it in "For Sale" section.
Don't call unless your very interested.

Cheers
nigel

this car has been for sale on the Canadian Autotrader for more than a year, maybe two.

Back