• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 header conversion to fit 91?

So, I went the cheap route and purchased a set of headers off ebay for $300 (knockoffs) from DC I think. Well, (a big well) the headers are for 95-01. Mine is a 91 (Doh!):redface:. Has anyone moded a set of 95 and up to fit the 91-94?

I was thinking of either fabing a flex couple to attach the header flange to the cats (or simply buying the correct set for 91').

Any ideas?

this should be easy , you can buy the ball flanges new from blox, or you can get them used from any 90-01 integra , just get a muffler shop to weld a piece of pipe to your cat and then weld the flange on!

http://www.bloxracing.com/prod_flangesFittings.asp

Last edited:
After a bit of research on the subject, I decided that an exceellent solution for well engineered headers that were also cost effective was to get a set of late model stock units and adapt them to our '92.
No bellows type flex arrangement, and factory designed and executed to work as intended......plus they're much lighter and certainly provide a power boost from the old cast iron manifolds.

YMMV,
Brian

So, I went the cheap route and purchased a set of headers off ebay for $300 (knockoffs) from DC I think.
Any ideas?

Actually you made the best choice!! Since the weakness of the DC was the accordian flex joint, you do not have it:). Get the SoS adapters as stated above and you are set to go.

Find them here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/factory_header_adaptors

I think the total $600 for this complete setup is a pretty decent deal.

My $.02
LarryB

so... you want to pay the same price for the adaptors as you did for the headers???

$300 headers seem like a really good bang for the buck mod. But for an NA1, which one of these headers would be best: used OEM NA2 ($300), new DC knockoffs ($300), or used name brand ($500-$700)? I mean, which one should produce the most HP?

:biggrin:

i'm thinking of getting these cheap headers as well. If they crack i can get another set and still have paid way less:rolleyes:

Thing is , I bet they won't crack (the reason the DC cracked, as already stated , was the accordian flex , the chinese were smart to not produce many of these

$300 headers seem like a really good bang for the buck mod. But for an NA1, which one of these headers would be best: used OEM NA2 ($300), new DC knockoffs ($300), or used name brand ($500-$700)? I mean, which one should produce the most HP?

Well , obviously some used taitecs os cantrells would make the most power,not by much , and if you can find them!

having tried stock ,vs cantrell , vs na2 on my car ,I can say that the aftermarket is still considerably better than na2 , but maybe not worth the cost difference, although now that you can get DC knockoffs for $300 (remember it's gonna be around $375 cnd plus shipping, it's not free shipping to canada) it's a great deal.

Back