• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Dream Come True

It all started in 1997 when I got a call from a friend to pick him up at the Acura Carland in Duluth. At the time I didn't know anything about cars, aside they had 4 wheels and a gas pedal and brake pedal. I walk into the showroom, looking my friend, and out the corner of my eye was a beautiful red car. I had no clue what it was, but knew there was something drawing me to it. I stood next to it admiring it. A salesman walked over to me and asked if I liked the car. I replied "yeah I do, what is it?" He told me it was an Acura NSX. The dealer then opened the door and let me sit inside the drivers seat(something I would find out later, that they don't do often unless your planning on buying). In my head I told myself I would get one. That moment of seeing the NSX for the first time changed me. For years down the road(13 years to be exact)I would research, and admire the car. Sometimes wondering if it was a foolish dream. Well after 13 years of waiting, I finally got one, and man does it put a smile on my face everytime I think about it.
I got a 1991 with 52k Red/black No Mods.

37663_449994661517_514571517_6054241_7123906_n.jpg

37663_449994671517_514571517_6054242_3979631_n.jpg

37663_449994676517_514571517_6054243_3432631_n.jpg

I would like to thank Bob(BMil) For being patient with me, and waiting til I returned from my deployment. Also for answering all my questions. I'll take good care of the car. My wife for dealing with my obsession, and supporting me.

Blaine(CyberNSX) Thanks for your time, and even though I didn't buy your NSX you were helpful, and your car is just as immaculant. I know you won't have a problem selling yours.

And to all the members on NSXPrime, for providing me with your knowledge, I am sure I will need it in the future. Thanks

Congrats! Once I'm done with my tour here in Japan and is back in the states, I will be getting me one myself. I cannot wait!!

nice buy and congrads. I never thought I would get one either and as luck had it my z was lemoned and here I am today. The car is a blast to drive turns heads on every corner. On another note just buy one in japan and bring it here, that would be awesome :)

Congratulations - no doubt the purchase was well worth the wait! I looked for quite some time, and finally found a "non-modded" 91, with 52k miles on her - in fact, same color as yours. Brings a smile to my face every time I get even near the car! Enjoy, and happy motoring. Jay

Hey Nukem,

Nice car... well have to get together some time, if you are now back in the Omaha area.

Your car looks very clean and very original.

Mine just turned 44,000 this past Sunday.

You will be smiling for a long time to come :biggrin:

Enjoy :cool:

- Rod

Congrats, you are finally a owner now. I always thought that you already have a nsx for some reason.

Congrats, looks great!!

Try and wipe the smile of your face...just try!

Thanks guys, I see what everyone refers to when they say you sit on most cars, but you sit in a NSX. Sometimes I feel guilty for driving her(don't want to add miles up) But I love it. Can't get enough. RBilder I am back in Omaha. I have to clean some of the splattered bugs off from my trip back to Omaha. I just got it registered. The Taxes can be a killer, but well worth it. I must have counted 6 Corvettes today, and 2 Porsches(might have been the same one) Boxsters and one NSX(Mine) It really is a rare car. I do notice(and so does my wife)that I have LBS(look back syndrome).

Great story - nothing like fulfilling a dream! Good for you! Now you gotta change your avatar and put your car in there! Congrats - I have a 91 too if you didn't know and I just turned 46k a few ago. I drive it - not a lot but I drive it 3 or 4 times a week - I mean how can you not! Have fun - you only live once! :wink:

Welcome aboard - she looks beautiful.

congrads, beautiful car, there is something about an original unmolested nsx with those 15 and 16 inch wheels that look so classy and classic. Nukem beautiful ride, keep her original and stock

Congrats, you are finally a owner now. I always thought that you already have a nsx for some reason.

Lol me too:redface: Well you should be congratulated for patience, waiting until the right time to savor your dream car.Many happy miles.

Congrats on your purchase :smile: I grew up in Council Bluffs and have family in Omaha.

Nice I am not a fan of cars that get lots of tickets
but it sure does look pretty. LOL

Congrats

Congrats on the beautiful car! and...Welcome back from a fellow Veteran!

I like reading these kind of stories! That's cool how the NSX got you into cars, but 13 YEARS is a long time! I'm getting deployed soon. Hopefully, I will be as patient as you are and some day return home with an NSX.

good luck with it!!! enjoy it with good health and happiness.

though I think i did spy one mod.... I could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time) but I dont believe they had red calipers in 91. not a big deal just something if they did that i would like to learn.

it was nice reading your story and seeing you realize the 13 year dream.

i too wish you would have bought my car (thanks for the honorable mention) but you got the right one for you... and i currently have the right one for someone else.

just wanted to publically thank you for your military service and hope that the coming years are full of driving enjoyment in your awesome NSX!

Thanks everyone. I was in Highschool still when I saw my 1st one. ArmyLt and Kilika Thanks for your service. I can't wait to meet up with some fellow owners.

Lol me too:redface: Well you should be congratulated for patience, waiting until the right time to savor your dream car.Many happy miles.

I thought you already owned one too. I see you post a good amount on these forums.

Really Everyone thought I had one...LoL No, It feels good to be noticed on the forums though. :wink:

Back