• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A fellow NSXer asking for your prayers/thoughts

That's great news that everything is looking better for your father. Keeping a positive attitude about things definitely helps the healing process. I usually like to tell my patients not to dwell on the past, that has already happened and there's nothing that we can do to change time. What we can do is look foward to things getting better, and healing with family support will always make everyone feel good about the situation at hand.

Take care and keep your spirits high. Your family and your dad's health are in my thoughts and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

You and your family are in our family's thoughts and prayers.

All the best.

Definitely keep him and your family in my prayers. Please, get him on an all raw fruits and veggies diet ASAP, buy him a juicer and allow him to start juicing. Also, buy a colon cleansing kit like the one I bought from drnatura.com. Most diseases originate from an unhealthy GI tract including many forms of cancer. I am no Dr. but I do know about health and healing. God will do his part if your dad does his. Absolutely get him off of ALL processed foods and sugar. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
My thoughts are w/ you.....My dad suffered a major stroke in Feb of 05' and passed away the day after his 75th birthday this past November. His stroke affected the parts of the brain that handle speech/memory. I couldn't have a real conversation w/ him. Most of what he said was just jumbled sentences. His bodyweight went down to 120 lbs. ( he was 6 feet tall ) because he was always too distracted to eat or have an appetite. His body finally gave out. From what I read, you can communicate w/ your Dad. I'm sure he knows that he needs to stay mentally strong through this, and your presence as his son will help him. Just be there for him and show your support. My thoughts are w/ you and the family, Take care, Mike

Dear Christian,

I've always enjoyed reading your many posts and insigts into the NSX. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Recently, my 62 year old uncle passed away after a successful kidney transplant this summer for diabetes associated renal failure. He developed liver cancer while on immunosuppressant theray for the kidney transplant. He went to Singapore for a liver transplant and while waiting for a donor liver underwent chemoembolization of the liver cancer. A few days after treatment he went into a coma, then a week later he passed away.

God bless you and your family Christian.

Im not much of a talker when it comes to things like this, but I hope for the best.

Christian:
I am encouraged to hear your family is there for him as he certainly needs that kind of support to help his recovery.
I will pray for him and your family.
You are emotional cuz you care and you love him....it means you are a real man.
thx for sharing....its a privilege that we can pray for you.

Tebbnsxr said:
Definitely keep him and your family in my prayers. Please, get him on an all raw fruits and veggies diet ASAP, buy him a juicer and allow him to start juicing. Also, buy a colon cleansing kit like the one I bought from drnatura.com. Most diseases originate from an unhealthy GI tract including many forms of cancer. I am no Dr. but I do know about health and healing. God will do his part if your dad does his. Absolutely get him off of ALL processed foods and sugar. Good luck and keep us posted.

First let me say that my thoughts are with Da Hapa and his family but I have to comment on this post above. Please, please, please don't offer up this 'pseudo' medical advice to people who suffer from real illness. Often these types of 'therapies' can be very hazardous to people's health and well being. There is absolutely no basis in fact for ANY of your claims made above and I have seen in my practice the horrible effects of 'colon cleansing' including several admissions to the ICU and at least 2 deaths that I personally know of.

Well, considering that the entire medical system is nothing more than trial and error I could say the same to you. I can't tell you how many Dr's don't really even know what is wrong with their patients simply going on a list of generic symptoms and often mis-diagnosing and mis-treating people. But, that is a whole other issue. I have a right to say what I want, and I know natural doctors that know way more about the human body than many MD's out there. Dr. Don Colbert is an excellent resource for one and he is an MD. I know there are alot of quack's out there and I respect your opinion but I will have to disagree with you. Fasting, juicing and raw fruit and veggies has been known to cure and reverse many medical conditions from high blood pressure to cancer. Also, I have NEVER heard anyone dying from a colon cleanse, but I guess you have. Perhaps these were people that were already in very bad shape? No doctor can argue with the fact that it is never too late to make changes for the better especially away from the standard american diet. Perhaps you should study more about the GI tract and the diseases that originate from there. The old saying you are what you eat has proven to be very true for most of us.

As a physician ,

I certainly agree with SCS2K

Tebbnsxr: maybe we should focus on what this thread is about , a fellow member asking for Prayer for his family in a tough situation ?

Da Hapa : our thoughts and Prayers go out to you and you family ...

Agreed...

My thoughts and prayers for your Father and your family as well. I'm glad to see as I went through this thread that your father is doing better. I'm in the health insurance business and have seen many clients go through this. Modern medicine is wonderful and I hae seen many good results from the new treatments and procedures out there.

Christian, you are not the first , and won't be the last person to ask for emotional support on this forum. This is what this community is for. We are here to help and support each other.
A strong mind is important in this kind of situation. Help keep your dad's mind strong. It is a vital part on the road to recovery.
As for your mom,she needs even more support from the family and friends than ever before..This is probably the most stressful part of her life. She needs as much time to be with all of you as possible.
Good luck and may whatever helpful force out there be with you all.
Hang in there.

Thanks again everyone for all the support.

We were successful in having my Dad transferred to a very good local rehab facility late yesterday afternoon. He'll now begin a very regimented schedule of speech, physical, occupational, and swallow therapy in the hopes of getting him back to where he was before this most recent stroke. Unfortunately, we've all been through this before after his big stroke in 2003. Fortunately, we know now what to look for in a rehab facility and my Dad now has a better appreciation for the value of this rehab (last time he fought it tooth and nail and now realizes how much good it did).

The road forward is going to be very tough as his heart and kidneys continue to struggle but one thing at a time and we're trying to focus on the positive things here.

Thanks again to everyone for the well... love... you can call it other things but you all have shown a great concern for a complete stranger and I can't think of a better word for that than love.

Christian

Da Hapa said:

We were successful in having my Dad transferred to a very good local rehab facility late yesterday afternoon. He'll now begin a very regimented schedule of speech, physical, occupational, and swallow therapy in the hopes of getting him back to where he was before this most recent stroke. Unfortunately, we've all been through this before after his big stroke in 2003. Fortunately, we know now what to look for in a rehab facility and my Dad now has a better appreciation for the value of this rehab (last time he fought it tooth and nail and now realizes how much good it did).

The road forward is going to be very tough as his heart and kidneys continue to struggle but one thing at a time and we're trying to focus on the positive things here.

Thanks again to everyone for the well... love... you can call it other things but you all have shown a great concern for a complete stranger and I can't think of a better word for that than love.

Christian
excellent news! thanks for keeping us informed and, of course, best wishes going forward.

hal

Da Hapa said:

We were successful in having my Dad transferred to a very good local rehab facility Dad now has a better appreciation for the value of this rehab (last time he fought it tooth and nail and now realizes how much good it did).
The road forward is going to be very tough ...we're trying to focus on the positive things here.

Thanks again to everyone for the well... love... you can call it other things but you all have shown a great concern for a complete stranger and I can't think of a better word for that than love.Christian

Christian, Excellent News! and thank you for updating us. I know I, as well as all the others onboard, will continue to be lifting you and your family up in prayer.

That's also great news that your father is not resisting this time around. The mind has such strong correlation with the body. Keep your heads up~~ And thansx again for letting us know.

angel1.gif
~Mermi~
angel1.gif

UPDATE 4/10/2006

Hi everyone. Thank you all again for your prayers, thoughts, and good wishes. My family and I appreciate it all very much.

My Dad is back home now. He responded extremely well to his acute rehab and his speech, swallowing, balance, and cognitive abilities are all markedly improved. He's going to continue with PT four days a week for the next few months before we scale him back down to 2 days a week. Fortunately, Orange County, CA has a very good Access system for the disabled that he/we were already familiar with prior to this most recent stroke so while we suspended his priveldges for a few weeks while he was in the hospital and then rehab... he's ready and raring to go again so that he can continue to function as independently as possible.

The good news is that my pops has recovered to the point that he's not a danger to himself or others and mercifully.... and trust me we've seen many, many, many other stroke victims who are much worse off than him... he's doing quite well when you consider all that he's been through.

We'll continue to take things one day at a time but the outlook today is a whole ot rosier than it was even a few short weeks ago.

I thank you all again for your caring support. I apologize again for downloading so much of my own, personal emotional baggage over the internet and onto you. But honestly, the process has been healling to me. Moreover, I hope you will each take this story to heart in your own way. Life is short. No matter what... that's true. So take each opportunity you have to tell your family and friends how much you care. Never, ever, ever go to bed angry at a loved one. And most of all, enjoy all the gifts in life that each of us is blessed with. Even if it's a simple as a beautiful sunrise or sunset. Embrace that and see it for the gift it is.

Mahalo e aloha -

Christian

Da Hapa said:
UPDATE 4/10/2006

Hi everyone. Thank you all again for your prayers, thoughts, and good wishes. My family and I appreciate it all very much.

My Dad is back home now. He responded extremely well to his acute rehab and his speech, swallowing, balance, and cognitive abilities are all markedly improved. He's going to continue with PT four days a week for the next few months before we scale him back down to 2 days a week. Fortunately, Orange County, CA has a very good Access system for the disabled that he/we were already familiar with prior to this most recent stroke so while we suspended his priveldges for a few weeks while he was in the hospital and then rehab... he's ready and raring to go again so that he can continue to function as independently as possible.

The good news is that my pops has recovered to the point that he's not a danger to himself or others and mercifully.... and trust me we've seen many, many, many other stroke victims who are much worse off than him... he's doing quite well when you consider all that he's been through.

We'll continue to take things one day at a time but the outlook today is a whole ot rosier than it was even a few short weeks ago.

I thank you all again for your caring support. I apologize again for downloading so much of my own, personal emotional baggage over the internet and onto you. But honestly, the process has been healling to me. Moreover, I hope you will each take this story to heart in your own way. Life is short. No matter what... that's true. So take each opportunity you have to tell your family and friends how much you care. Never, ever, ever go to bed angry at a loved one. And most of all, enjoy all the gifts in life that each of us is blessed with. Even if it's a simple as a beautiful sunrise or sunset. Embrace that and see it for the gift it is.

Mahalo e aloha -

Christian

Christian-

That is fantastic news... very glad that things are working positively.

Take care and God Bless..

MIke

great news to hear he's recovering and doing so much better - congrats to him and your entire family. thx for bringing us all up to date on his progress and, of course, for the thoughtful reminder to enjoy life as best we can... somtimes it's a little hard to keep that @ the head of our "to do" lists, eh?

continued success to you and your family, christian.
best,
hal

Back