• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX-R vs BMW M6 vs Porsche 997 Turbo vs Lamborghini Gallardo

It just shows how much more important a complete balanced design is over just more power. Remarkable for a basically unchanged 1991 design.

I had heard that the M6 is a pig (a stunning pig that I would be happy to have :biggrin: ) and it really shows it has no business in this group at all.......

Did anyone else notice the high speed drift that the M6 did right at the end?? LOL!! Awesome!! :D

did anyone notice that all the other cars were automatic?

Actually the only automatic car that was in the race was the 911 turbo (which is considered faster then the manual). The Lamborghini and the BMW M6 are manual cars using paddleshifters.

NSX and NSXR are awesome cars, dont get me wrong, but I cant help but feel these videos are a bit biased. the only car the NSXR has ever "lost to" that i've seen is a spirit R RX7. I just find it a little fishy...not to mention the best drivers are always driving the japanese cars =P

NSX and NSXR are awesome cars, dont get me wrong, but I cant help but feel these videos are a bit biased. the only car the NSXR has ever "lost to" that i've seen is a spirit R RX7. I just find it a little fishy...not to mention the best drivers are always driving the japanese cars =P
The NSX R through BMI, has lost to Gallardo, Murcerlargo, GT3, and more. Bias is most like there, but the lap time and time attack should be legit.

CL65 Captain said:
Watch the GT3 smoke the NSX-R on the straight! I have experienced this exact view on the track... nothing you can do except watch the back end of the GT3 get smaller. I like how the NSX-R guy says as the GT3 goes by, "the slipstream really helps." Yea and so does 415hp!

Every time I see video clips like this, I am reminded just how good the NSX really was and actually still is. The only thing it really lacks by now is a bit of extra HP.

Just imagine how a race like that would have looked like if the NSX would have had if it would have somewhere around 360-370 HP instead of the approximately 310 the NSX-R usually has. It would not have diminished its cornering ability one bit. It wouldn't even need the 415HP of the GT3.

Last edited:
MvM;880022 Just imagine how a race like that would have looked like if the NSX would have had if it would have somewhere around 360-370 HP instead of the approximately 310 the NSX-R usually has. It would not have diminished its cornering ability one bit. It wouldn't even need the 415HP of the GT3.

Well I hope in about 2-3 months I will have my car imported and titled so you may be able to observe how fast the back lights of a SC-ed NSX become smaller in front of you:tongue: :biggrin:

Last time I checked it was a 997 not a 911 no?

911 is the model name
997 is the model code

997 is the latest 911. Before this was 996, and before this was 993, and even before this was the 964 (from the movie Bad Boys with Will Smith)

all of them are 911... carrera, carrera 4s, turbo, gt2 or gt3.... but all of them are 911 :wink: :wink:

Don't know what my nationality got to do with.. but last time I checked the 911 got a boxer engine. Tried to understand which car you mean.

I think he was referring to the fact that Porsche is made in Germany.

Oh, by the way, in reference to your signature that quotes Einstein, killing under the cloak of war is much different than murder because it is sometimes necessary in order to save many innocent lives. Being from Germany, you should definitely know that.

..... the only car the NSXR has ever "lost to" that i've seen is a spirit R RX7.....

Is that the video where they had different NSX models (4~) competing against each other and in the end they tossed in a yellow Bathurst RX7 for giggles only to find out that the RX7 outcornered and out accelerated the NSX's?

I think the RX7 brakes started to fade towards the end of the race....

yes we all know to take BMI's result as the gospel truth:rolleyes: The NSX was and is a great car, but come on, it cannot even come close to beating a 997 turbo. Maybe the Gallardo and the M6 but a 7:40 nurburgring lap time for the 997 TT vs a 7:56 lap time for the NSX-R(reportedly did not complete the whole course(and also done by BMI).

yes we all know to take BMI's result as the gospel truth:rolleyes: The NSX was and is a great car, but come on, it cannot even come close to beating a 997 turbo. Maybe the Gallardo and the M6 but a 7:40 nurburgring lap time for the 997 TT vs a 7:56 lap time for the NSX-R(reportedly did not complete the whole course(and also done by BMI).

Come on, not even the drivers in BM take race results as any kind of truth. You have to understand their dialog and comments to understand what is going on. Don't judge them without understanding the whole context. Just because one car wins the race doesn't mean that car is judged the fastest by BM--particularly if it's not the fastest doing solo laps. Their goal in the races is to bring out the differences in the cars and to demonstrate their strengths and weaknesses. And to not crash of course.

The segment that is missing in the BM Nurburgring laps is the very short straight where one of the paddocks is. They drive out of the paddock, do a lap, and then drive back into the paddock. Obviously, they don't count the driving out and driving in. This straight is like 400-500 feet long and I would guess that it adds only a few seconds if you took it at full speed. Personally I would add about 3 seconds to the lap time to compare. I have also not really seen any published information on other organizations' lap timing methodology and whether they do or do not use that paddock or if they do an in and out lap to get an uninterrupted, complete lap.

I certainly don't take the BM-races as gospel.
I think it would be a little too much to ask from the pride and attigude from professional drivers to ask from them to drive way below their personal level just to show off a certain brand or model of car.
What I can believe is that certain drivers have more experience then others and/or that some of them have more experience in certain types of cars.
I am sure that when Horst van Sauma from the German Sport Auto Magazine did his 8:09 lap on the Nurburgring, he had to get used to the RHD NSX-R.
Whereas Gansan is probably very familiar in the NSX and could therefore be faster.
And even if his lap wasn't exactly 7:56, even the older 1992 NSX-R was able to do the Nurburgring in 8:03 which at that time was faster than the 1993 model Porsche 911 Turbo.

I know that many more modern sportscar with (much) higher horsepower are faster than the NSX or NSX-R in a straight line. But the differences in cornering are much smaller and the much greater weight of some of them certainly doesn't help in taking corners fast.

Back