• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice on price on a 98 and 99t,Chicago area?

Hi guys,there are 2 in the Chicago area i am interested in, cause it is only a 2 hour drive from Milwaukee,but i do not know what to offer reasonably?
One is White/Black 48,000 miles 1998 t at a dealer,asking 41,900,all original.

The other is a 1999 t Black/Black 57,000 miles,lowered foose chrome wheels,asking 38,000.

No warranty on any of them.Some advice please??
Thanks,Raico.

This is what you should do...

Which color do you prefer?

1) Buy a CarFax - At least you can see the # of owners and if there might be a title issue.
2) Maintenence history - I recommend you get all service records. Without the records assume it needs a timing belt, and a water pump...around $1700.

This might narrow the choice to one car... then

3) Get the seller to take the car for a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI) at a reputable place with known NSX tech that you pay for. At the very least an Acura Dealer. Ask them to look at body panels to see if the gaps are consistant.
4) Negotiate a price after results from PPI is FAXed to you.
5) Test Drive the car
6) If you like the way it looks and drives, then buy it.

As you can see, Price is relative to the history and condition.

Hope this help...

Good Luck!

Last edited:
At an Acura dealer or just a dealer? There are several shady dealers (non Acura) in Chicago.

Get some maintenance records then get a PPI.

I really prefer white but,i have never seen one up close so this will be the first time!
Still,what is reasonable to offer on these cars,would you know,assuming all the scheduled maintenance is up to date?
Thanks for your input,Raico.

Back