• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advise on whos Turbo System to purchase

With so many companies who all claim to have the best system, and with the wealth of knowledge on this forum can you all please advise.

I want to go with a turbo system just dont know who to give my money to.

Ps need at least 400 horsepower set up

Need more info. To do it right you can and will spend a lot of $$$$.
But for only 400 at the rear maybe not too much.

So goal= 400 RWHP?
Room to grow (more boost) as you learn to drive?
Money?
Year of car?

I'm just waiting for Angus to finish mine, It should ship out in a few days. I went to his shop to check it out. Well built and produced results on several NSX's in the 400whp range that your looking for. IMO you can't go wrong. PM him to check it out..

400-450 is a good base start
I have a stock 1992
As far as money goes. Thats hard to pin down. THere is such a wide range from companies/people i have spoken with. I have seen prices as low as a few thousand up to low 20's. With all claiming to be top quality parts and workmanship. So I am here asking for advice.

There are some random people making kits of their own, but the shops that build these are me(Elite Autosport), Lovefab, Autowave, and Driving Ambitions. I'd trust any of the above. FactorX still does some building I believe, but not sure. We all build them different(relatively), but have our own reasons for doing so.

With so many companies who all claim to have the best system, and with the wealth of knowledge on this forum can you all please advise.

I want to go with a turbo system just dont know who to give my money to.

Ps need at least 400 horsepower set up

HP Performance... 418rwhp (at 8psi), gravity drain, quality kit, and as an added bonus, it's the least expensive option.

I would opt for the Lovefab or Driving Ambition turbo system. I have owned my Lovefab system for 3 years now and no problems at all.

There is no single "best" system out there. All of the above systems have proven and have many satisfied customers on the street today. However, I personally think the trust level and proximity of your builder/tuner should be the single largest factor in deciding who you go with. No system is foolproof and if anything should go wrong, do you really want to put your car on a flatbed and ship it 1,000 miles and hope your tuner takes care of the problem?

There is no single "best" system out there. All of the above systems have proven and have many satisfied customers on the street today. However, I personally think the trust level and proximity of your builder/tuner should be the single largest factor in deciding who you go with. No system is foolproof and if anything should go wrong, do you really want to put your car on a flatbed and ship it 1,000 miles and hope your tuner takes care of the problem?

Well said!

I agree with you too!

I agree that proximity to your builder is important. We are around 360 miles from you and six hours of driving. I think we are the closest of your choices.

FYI, we are offering free Enclosed NSX transport within 800 miles with the purchase of a kit and a full install, so the incentives are excellent.

Either way you go, I urge you look into the history of the builder and use your best judgement. Our track record within the NSX community speaks for itself. Due to careful tuning and an effective system layout, we have yet to lose a single motor out of over three dozen NSX installs; built or completely stock.

I am the original owner of a 1991 with 30K who has watched over the years many NSX owners who loved the car but craved more HP without sacrificing
reliability. Watched and researched the supercharger evolution for the NSX and even though they resolved the reliability issue still produced less RWHP than I desired. Watched the turbo era with interest and early feedback was exciting but required real engagement (mostly hands on) by the owner and if problems occurred lack of support or car downtime became a real issue. Living in the Midwest and not having easy access to people or shops in SoCal or Arizona working w/turbos compounded that problem. After spending the last months watching with interest the success of LoveFab I once again started researching, seeking references, making sure this success was based on more than just a product.

I believe walking away from my dyno session this past Thursday night my decision to trust Cody at LoveFab was a wise decision.

The numbers were 478HP, 343 Ft.Lbs. of torque on a stock engine w/ a Stage Two Kit, AEM - ecu, a methane/water upgrade, on less than 10# of boost.

The best part was the quality of the people, the attention to detail, the quality of the built components, delivering more than was promised, and a standing offer to stand behind any issues in the future.

Thanks Cody for letting me look over your shoulder, answering all of those questions, the many emails, the pickup and delivery, and so much more.

Hope this helps with your decision and if not thanks for allowing me to thank Lovefab for mine!

I am the original owner of a 1991 with 30K who has watched over the years many NSX owners who loved the car but craved more HP without sacrificing
reliability. Watched and researched the supercharger evolution for the NSX and even though they resolved the reliability issue still produced less RWHP than I desired. Watched the turbo era with interest and early feedback was exciting but required real engagement (mostly hands on) by the owner and if problems occurred lack of support or car downtime became a real issue. Living in the Midwest and not having easy access to people or shops in SoCal or Arizona working w/turbos compounded that problem. After spending the last months watching with interest the success of LoveFab I once again started researching, seeking references, making sure this success was based on more than just a product.

I believe walking away from my dyno session this past Thursday night my decision to trust Cody at LoveFab was a wise decision.

The numbers were 478HP, 343 Ft.Lbs. of torque on a stock engine w/ a Stage Two Kit, AEM - ecu, a methane/water upgrade, on less than 10# of boost.

The best part was the quality of the people, the attention to detail, the quality of the built components, delivering more than was promised, and a standing offer to stand behind any issues in the future.

Thanks Cody for letting me look over your shoulder, answering all of those questions, the many emails, the pickup and delivery, and so much more.

Hope this helps with your decision and if not thanks for allowing me to thank Lovefab for mine!

Its good to know good people are out there and I did feel that this was the right place to ask the question.

I agree that proximity to your builder is important. We are around 360 miles from you and six hours of driving. I think we are the closest of your choices.

There is your answer. I live in Vegas. That is why I have a Factor X turbo. If I lived in Michigan, guess what kind of turbo I would have? LoveFab.

Despite my manufacturing bias, based on where you live, I would recommend a LoveFab turbo hands down.

The numbers were 478HP, 343 Ft.Lbs. of torque on a stock engine w/ a Stage Two Kit, AEM - ecu, a methane/water upgrade, on less than 10# of boost.!

Very nice numbers for a stock motor. Keep us up to date on how it goes.

Well , as most of you know , I have a turbo kit I am marketing , it is designed as an entry level kit , which can be upgraded . I have worked very hard to make this kit as "DIY" as possible , I will even offer 75% pre-assembled .

I am not trying to out-do everyone else with any of my turbo kits , I am merely trying to provide a few people with what they are looking for.

I have been in the business of building honda /acura turbo kits for over ten years and I have always tried to build kits that are practical , streetable and reliable , while I have built some high hp hondas , my main focus is streetable power.
I would like to keep this focus for the nsx , I provide the kit with everything but the fuel management , the customer decides what engine management they want , based on the power level they are looking for.

Last edited:
Very nice numbers for a stock motor. Keep us up to date on how it goes.

NetViper,

Will keep everyone posted once the snow goes.

Struggling a little with what rim, offset, and tire size to get that power to the ground but that's another thread.

Thanks

Charlie

NetViper,

Will keep everyone posted once the snow goes.

Struggling a little with what rim, offset, and tire size to get that power to the ground but that's another thread.

Thanks

Charlie

Charlie,
Beautiful numbers. Looks VERY good. Hope to see you this summer. Give Chris a call at SOS, he can definitely set you up with the correct setup. I would advise that you consider getting offsets for a Big Brake setup so you don't have to change out. By the way, the Volks are very light but the finish seems a little delicate. Would definitely consider BBS wheels, very light and strong.
Tim

Charlie,
Beautiful numbers. Looks VERY good. Hope to see you this summer. Give Chris a call at SOS, he can definitely set you up with the correct setup. I would advise that you consider getting offsets for a Big Brake setup so you don't have to change out. By the way, the Volks are very light but the finish seems a little delicate. Would definitely consider BBS wheels, very light and strong.
Tim

Tim,
Thanks, just blasted up to TC and back as Cody has another NSX for upgrade and needed more space. He trailered mine to our summer residence and we tucked it away till spring. It sounds good, not too loud but has a nice edge to it.

Thanks again for sharing your research concerning whose turbo to use.

I understand yours is done and ready for dyno! Cody says 600+ horsepower? Your car looks great! Could you share rims, tires, and offsets if known on your blue beauty?

I believe i am going to modify my 17X8.5 chrome OEM 7 spoke rims, widening the rear by an inch or inch and one half and narrowing the fronts by one half inch. I would have 17's all around with 225/45 on the front and 275/40's or 285/40's on the rear. I believe these will allow for big brakes as well. I then can keep the sleeper look and still get decent handling. But then again who knows, I like your rims!

The wife and I would love to have you stop by when your done w/yours. Please let us know and I will get you directions.

Charlie

However, I personally think the trust level and proximity of your builder/tuner should be the single largest factor in deciding who you go with. and if anything should go wrong, do you really want to put your car on a flatbed and ship it 1,000 miles and hope your tuner takes care of the problem?

This is easier said than done. Who is the closest to me I wonder? Anybody know?

area code 71303. Central La.

Back