• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*alert* another stolen car

Some Help for VampNSX

I can see that the stealing of NSX is getting popular or is very wanted in California. I say find a NSX member from this community that we have and use his car as bait. I bet you if you park in a certain area everyday of the week for just a couple of hours another thief will try to steal one. Forget trying to find the guy, let the guy find you. Get what I mean. You guys could stake out in a certain area so that you could find the guy while he is trying to break in. Then when you see him doing it, just try to block him in the car using a truck, like an SUV. You could box him in too if you want.

Just trying to give you some hints that most people won't do. Most of the time I hear people saying we will keep an eye out when you should realy do something about it. Also don't forget maybe the police towed your car. Just check and try to do something about it.

Good luck on your search.

Re: Some Help for VampNSX

Midnight_Raven said:
I can see that the stealing of NSX is getting popular or is very wanted in California. I say find a NSX member from this community that we have and use his car as bait. I bet you if you park in a certain area everyday of the week for just a couple of hours another thief will try to steal one. Forget trying to find the guy, let the guy find you. Get what I mean. You guys could stake out in a certain area so that you could find the guy while he is trying to break in. Then when you see him doing it, just try to block him in the car using a truck, like an SUV. You could box him in too if you want.

Just trying to give you some hints that most people won't do. Most of the time I hear people saying we will keep an eye out when you should realy do something about it. Also don't forget maybe the police towed your car. Just check and try to do something about it.

Good luck on your search.

:rolleyes:

Raven,
I know you mean well but this plan makes absolutely NO sense.
What good would it do to play "police" in the streets of Los Angeles? Need I remind you the popularity of possessing hand guns in L.A.?

This is a bad idea. Let the proper authorities deal with it. Your life is not worth putting on the line for a car.

Yes indeed, but thats exactly what a 16-17 yo male would say.

Give MR a break, guys. He definitely has his heart in the right place, and was only trying to help. Who knows, the cops could always use that impounded NSX as bait for some kind of sting operation.
shrug.gif

I don't get it it is an alright idea. I don't think that the police does much about stolen cars so I'm saying do it yourself. Also I don't think a thief especially a car thief would have a gun. Probably a car jacker but not a thief. Thieves don't like getting into problems that is why they take the car when no one is looking okay.

All I'm saying is bait the guy to try it again and do something about it. That is all the box him in stuff was "Just an Idea". I'm not stupid I know people would not do stuff like that but I thought you guys realy, realy liked your cars. The way you say stuff about your cars gives me the impression you would try anything to get it back. Oh well my mistake then.

Hope you at least appriciate the help I tried to give.

Joel

What doesn't make sense about the idea or plan. The plan or idea itself I think anyone could understand. Are you saying that it doesn't make sense to do it or that the idea itself doesn't make sense.

Hope he replies.

Thanks Phoensx but I don't mind the negative comments I got lots of it from this site already,so I don't even care anymore. Just tells you some people are different than others. Honestly I thought it was a pretty good idea don't know why you guys wouldn't do it especially for a car that you love that much.

See ya.

MR, hopefully your response is appreciated by most. Speaking for myself, it is not that your idea is 'bad', but more that you would be engaging in a law enforcement activity without the resources.

There are so many things that could go wrong. Even if you safely caught the guy, 'citizens arrests' rarely hold up in court. Some burglars/thieves do carry guns. Then what?

Also, there are plenty of cases where the 'thief' has sued the citizens who 'arrested' him and won. Courts really really have a bias against premeditated amateur justice. The exceptions are citizens who 'happen' upon a crime being commited against a person, and intervene. Setting up your own 'sting' operation is going to get you into trouble irregardless of its success.

hope this clarifies for you.

All you need to get is a license number -- more than the cops will get most times.
Police simply don't have the resources nor the motivation to solve crimes like this unless a solution falls in their lap.
I have been the victem of a crime before where a thief broke into my home while I was sleeping, stole my wallet and went on a $2000 spree before I found out. Without intervention from me getting a list of vendors fromthe CC company and calling all of them to get physical descriptions of the thiefs, the case Never would have been solved.
In the end, it was a tatoo on one of the people that did them in....the cop remembered it and knew who she was-- the scum's girlfriend.
Identification of the thiefs surreptitiously from another car is far more effective and all that is necessary to solve this crime.

Midnight_Raven said:
Joel

What doesn't make sense about the idea or plan. The plan or idea itself I think anyone could understand. Are you saying that it doesn't make sense to do it or that the idea itself doesn't make sense.

Both.
The plan is simple, yes.
The plan is relatively feasible to execute.
But the reason for doing it is ludicrous at best. A rational, sensible person would stop and re-evaluate whether or not it is worth putting his life on the line to regain what is basically a replaceable and material possession.
When I was 16, I thought I was indestructible too.

I don't think a thief especially a car thief would have a gun.

Spoken like one who lives in Lawrence Massachusettes.
Obviously you don't know the first thing about how things work in L.A. because if you did, you wouldn't presume such things.

I'm not stupid I know people would not do stuff like that but I thought you guys realy, realy liked your cars. The way you say stuff about your cars gives me the impression you would try anything to get it back. Oh well my mistake then.

No, you're not mistaken. We love our cars. We love it for what it is and the joy it gives us. Do we love it enough to risk death to get it back? Well, like you said, you're not stupid so I'll let you answer that one.

Hope you at least appriciate the help I tried to give.

We do. That's why I started my post by saying "I know you mean well, but...."

Sorry about the gun thing. I wasn't thinking about California at the time. I remember though that some police guy in one of those cop shows said that the thief usually don't bring any weapons since they don't wont to start anything. Especially a gun which is quite loud, so I wouldn't know why someone would steal something and posses a gun. Plain stupidity if you ask me your just going to get a even more time in jail or prison if you get caught, if they get caught during the crime.

That is my reasoning on why I thought thieves don't carry guns while stealing. Hope it makes sense to you all.

MR, near where I live every Friday night there would be a series of eggings. They only target expensive cars. A neighbor of mine decided to take things into his own hands and did exactly what you suggested. Give 'em some bait and wait. Then boxed them in and call the cops.

A white SUV drove into the enclosed community where there was only one entrance and started a series of drive-by eggings. My neighbor blocked the entrance and called the cops. When the SUV realized what my neighbor was doing he rammed his car out of the way. My neighbor ran out of his car fearing for his life, and as he was running that white SUV tried to run him over.

You are too naive to think that a criminal will just sit there and wait for the authorities to show up after you box them in.

I'm hoping they stole this car so that they can replace the ugly rear wing with a stock one, and then they'll put it back where they found it. :p

Hey guy thanks for your support on this but its bin more than a week and they have not found my car. I think I will never see my car again so I guess I am screwed already. One of you guys is making a joke about my car that they should replace the wing who ever stole it. I Really don't think that is funny at all. If they sole your car and I made a joke like that you would probable say this guy is a azzhole.

But like Medusa was telling me when we talked on the phone at least they did not take my car with me in it.

Vamp, I apologize if any of the comments offended you. Despite the light hearted joking, we are all hoping that you get the desired outcome in this unfortunate situation.

Personally though, I don't know if I would want to get the car back if I was in the same boat. I would be paranoid about what kind of damage was done to it. I think I would prefer to get the insurance money and start over again. However, I can certainly understand if you invested a lot of money in mods that wouldn't be fully recouped from an insurance settlement. :(

Good luck, and best wishes for an expedient resolution.

Ryanmcd2 said:
It's not the end of the world. A car can be replaced.

Yup. And insurance should pay for the replacement. Any loss should be relatively minor.

Not that having a car stolen is a GOOD thing - it involves a lot of inconvenience (reporting it, living without it, finding another, fixing it up the way you want) - but that's ALL it is, inconvenience.

Yeah, insurance will pay for it, but only after you pay your deductible (which in my case is $1000), you deal with your agent, the adjuster, the investigator, and the bodyshop, and hopefully the car is recovered and repaired within the covered rental period or you'll end up paying for the rental costs too, and if it's not recovered, you're able to immediately find a replacement that fits your standards and is at the right price. On top of that you can pretty much kiss any money you spent on aftermarket parts goodbye. I've been dealing with this headache for a month now and I can tell you that it is a major PAIN IN THE ASS.

So for those of you who think Vamp's situation is something rather inconsequential and that it's 'just a car', please... have a little bit more respect for the man and the car. You guys are embarassing yourselves.

Rant done.

Originally posted by Darkcyd
On top of that you can pretty much kiss any money you spent on aftermarket parts goodbye.

Not if you still have the original receipts from when you bought them. The insurance company may depreciate them slightly but you should still get most of the cost back in the settlement.

The insurance will probably want to give me blue book value on my car but I know that that's a joke cause according to the Blue Book I should be able to have 3 NSXs in my garage. were can I get a real value of the car that hold up with the insurance people.?

Back