• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Alignment specs on lowered NSX, what do you guys have?

We all know a raised 4x4 NSX is definitely not cool nor does it look like the sports car it should so given that fact :tongue:, I will assume most nsx fans have lowered their rides.

However once the car is dropped at some point the factory specs cannot be maintained so I wanted to compare notes. Please use this format and let us know what you have on your alignment sheet after car is dropped. I recently had mine done after lowering the car more to fit my new shoes!

Guy says looks like I'll be buying 3 sets of rear tires for every set of front tires at this rate but that's ok...

Vehicle: 2004 white/onyx NSX
Rims: Volk GT-V in 19x9.5, 18x8 up front
Suspension: Tien Flex coilovers
Custom mods: NO

Front camber: 1.2
Front caster: 8.6
Front toe: -0.13

Rear camber: 3.2
Rear toe: 0.14
Total toe: 0.28

rick

Re: ALIGNMENT specs on lowered NSX, what do you guys have?

I had mine set to...

Front camber: 1.0 degrees
Front caster: 8.5 degrees
Front total toe: -1.0 mm

Rear camber: 1.0 degrees
Rear Total toe: 2.0 mm

A mild setup for good tire wear.

I forgot a critial note: be sure to indicate HOW LOW you are dropped or include one side-profile picture from car level! :)

I will snap a shot of my car later today since it looks sooo slammed with the new adjustments / alignment.

rk

Aggressive alignment for a track rat with Zanardi suspension:

Front Total Toe: -2mm (Toe OUT)

Front Left camber -1.2 degrees
Front Right camber -1.2 degrees

Rear Total Toe: + 3mm (Toe IN)

Rear Left camber -2.5 degrees
Rear Right camber -2.5 degrees

Lowered on Bilstein w/ stock springs. Lowering ~1 inch.
17x8 wheels in front w/ 215/40/17. 18x10 wheels in rear w/ 265/35/18. Front Type R sway. Rear Zanardi / Type S sway.

Front:
Camber: -1.2
Toe: middle of 93+ spec
Caster: in 93+ spec

Rear:
Camber: -2.2
Toe: middle of 93+ spec

Lowered about 2" on SOS JIC, 17x8 wheels in front w/ 215/40/17. 18x9.5 wheels in rear w/ 265/35/18. Comptech Front and Rear swaybars. I have mine set to:

Front
camber: -1.2°
caster: 8.4°
Total toe: -2mm

Rear
Camber: -2.8°
Total toe: 3mm

Last edited:
In the spec quoted above there are two different methods used for the Toe setting. RSO34 specified mm. Are the other specs I see i.e. -0.2, in degrees?

I have not done the math to prove the degrees vs. mm theory, but people may get confused trying to compare:).

Regards,
LarryB

do you guys get even wear on the front and rear tires?

I have mine lowered with eibach and conservative settings, but both the front and rear still wear more inside.

Back