• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amayama.com now has LHD parts

not sure if this has been posted yet. Left hand drive parts are available on Amayama.

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/honda/nsx

They now carry parts for Europe and the parts list specifies LHD! Example here:

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/honda-europe/nsx/1991_5MT?ref=ae

Also pricing seems to depend on which country you log in from. I've seen some parts much more expensive (taking into account exchange rate) when I am logging in from NZ than from the USA. It can be a lot cheaper for me to buy in the USA and have parts shipped to me in NZ via a family member.

WHAAAAT?? Amazing news!!!!

I always hated having to pay the US Acura shakedown markup for LHD. Too bad my project is almost over.

When I ordered the replacement hoses for my car, I ran into this problem on a couple of the LHD/RHD specific hoses so I was curious what the price differential was. The first thing of note is that when I tried looking for parts for my 2000, all I got was this

Annotation 2022-01-13 094344.jpg

I am assuming that means that I have to ask for a price quote or that the data base has not been populated with the prices yet..

I changed the selection and looked at a rad hose for a 1991 LHD car for which they they have actual prices. For part # 19502-PR7-A00 Amayama came back with a cost of $82.10 US $. Checking on acuraoemparts.com, 19502-PR7-305 (which supersedes A00) lists at $38.73 US $. Even the MSRP is only $54.

Annotation 2022-01-13 094731.jpg

Right now, the LHD option for my 2000 does not appear to be populated with data so using that selection process is not an option for me. For the early cars where the data is populated I would be careful about purchasing parts using the LHD specific menu because the prices do not appear to be lower compared to US based vendors. For the non market specific parts, skipping the market specific menus and just selecting parts by entering a parts number in the search bar still shows Amayama prices as being lower for those parts.

Note the .ru in the country code TLD for the menus that Amayama is using. I am wondering if these prices reflect European pricing.

Last edited:
Huh, now you normal LHD people can join in on the fun ;). I did pay $400 Fedex shipping for a totally normal sized box of parts recently, so it can get pricey for larger items (or they'll flat out refuse it) or boxes with a ton of individual parts (i.e. hundreds).

Still, they've taken an absurd amount of money from me and every single part has always been perfect. US customs seems to catch my packages more frequently now, and I end up having to send an email to Fedex's agent and list out the materials of composition for every part in the BOM then get charged a bit for duty a week later. Adds another week or so to the shipping time.

Note also that some parts are still cheaper to get locally (dealer or otherwise). Usually consumables like gaskets, rebuild kits, etc. But 95% of stuff is the cheapest price for new OEM I've ever found, even with shipping.

Also note some parts have interchangeability that isn't shown on the Amayama parts pages. For example, I recently ordered qty (4) of 91308-PH9-000 (cam cap dowel O-rings) which say discontinued. But it's the same part as the dipstick O-ring (91308-P8R-000), except 3/4 of them were on backorder. But 91302-GE0-000 is also the same part, yet not available from Ama so I got a few from eBay which was way more expensive.

Also pricing seems to depend on which country you log in from. I've seen some parts much more expensive (taking into account exchange rate) when I am logging in from NZ than from the USA. It can be a lot cheaper for me to buy in the USA and have parts shipped to me in NZ via a family member.

Maybe you could use a VPN to change countries/currencies? Or is it based on the shipping address only?

Note the .ru in the country code TLD for the menus that Amayama is using. I am wondering if these prices reflect European pricing.

I have noticed my Amayama labels seem to be "from" a Boris Shmelev. Sounds pretty .ru to me, maybe Russian affiliated?

>Maybe you could use a VPN to change countries/currencies? Or is it based on the shipping address only?

Changing address fields does not appear to change the prices.

However, logging in from a VPN or US based computer will lower the prices up to some 30%-200% from my local New Zealand pricing.

Amayama has recently opened a local warehouse in Auckland (as retail pricing in NZ would cause riots in any other part of the world) and I haven't made any big orders since then. I do get my parts much faster now

A lot of DIY folks know about Amayama here in NZ too, so I'm not surprised at the local demand as parts tend to be 3x of USA pricing.

The NZ Honda dealer wanted $90 for the small container of urea grease that costs $7. Not even the dealer service shop uses the specified urea grease, they just get something from the local auto parts store... I held out for a care package from the USA as Amayama wouldn't send grease without a hazmat endorsement (which is probably why NZ wanted so much too).

Back