• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Android 2.2 Froyo

I just downloaded an update for my evo, i think it was from HTC. Man my phone zips through task much faster and the swiping action to the screen is more fluid!! Anybody else with an evo done this?:biggrin:

was it an automatic update? I didn't get it but I know they usually spread these out over 4 days or so.

Looks like I already have this update. Aside from the battery life, the phone is awesome. I installed an app killer last week, but it's not alot better. Is there some way to completely remove some of these apps that were pre installed on the phone? I'll never use them and if I ever decide to, I'm sure I can download it again.

HTC Evo owners:

Are you less than impressed, or downright upset with the video and picture quality? On mine it's HORRIBLE compared to my GF's iphone 4. I thought this thing was supposed to have top of the line components and, well, it clearly doesn't. The video is very jerky, not fluid at all, and the camera is basically useless indoors.

It doesn't help that they used THE CAMERA LENS as the bottom support/leg.

Your choices for setting it down on the table are 1) On the glass screen or 2) ON THE CAMERA LENS. Not the bezel, or surround, ON THE LENS.

Last edited:
HTC Evo owners:

Are you less than impressed, or downright upset with the video and picture quality? On mine it's HORRIBLE compared to my GF's iphone 4. I thought this thing was supposed to have top of the line components and, well, it clearly doesn't. The video is very jerky, not fluid at all, and the camera is basically useless indoors.

It doesn't help that they used THE CAMERA LENS as the bottom support/leg.

Your choices for setting it down on the table are 1) On the glass screen or 2) ON THE CAMERA LENS. Not the bezel, or surround, ON THE LENS.

i got this when i got the phone. an easy fix.
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr6hev4-bk.htm

The iphone has a good camera and screen no doubt.

Looks like I already have this update. Aside from the battery life, the phone is awesome. I installed an app killer last week, but it's not alot better. Is there some way to completely remove some of these apps that were pre installed on the phone? I'll never use them and if I ever decide to, I'm sure I can download it again.

i hear that ROOTING the phone helps tremendously, i just haven't done it.
http://www.thedroiddemos.com/2010/0...evo-4g-with-unrevoked-3-21-video-walkthrough/

Last edited:
I bought the 3500 battery and I have to say I am disappointed with it. My phone still drains and halfway through the day, I need to charge it. Ugh.

Now I got this heavy brick of a phone that still requires me to keep charging throughout the day.

Other than that, I like the phone.

I bought the 3500 battery and I have to say I am disappointed with it. My phone still drains and halfway through the day, I need to charge it. Ugh.

Now I got this heavy brick of a phone that still requires me to keep charging throughout the day.

apparently these batteries have to go through a few charge cycles to be show better performance.

be sure you use ATK (automatic task killer) to kill the apps that run in the background every so often... it saves your battery......

also when u first get the battery, charge it for 10 hours (over night) then drain it all the way down and charge it again fully... then drain it down again... do this 5-6 times to 'condition' the battery and it will last longer.

Also it helps to load custom ROMs that have power management tweaks setup too... I use ROM manager and it allows you to backup the current ROM (aka: operating system) and then it will load the new ROM onto the phone w/ whatever theme comes with it...... give it a shot! The only requirement is that the phone has to be rooted with clockwork mod... :)

Back