• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Android 2.2 Froyo

I got the EVO Friday. OMG, this phone is simply amazing.
Blows away everything else I've seen.
I don't have 2.2 yet. Can't wait for that....

The Shadow is suposed to be amazing. After seeing the Droid2, the Shadow will absolutely trounce it. I've been studying up on what all I will be able to do with this system and it will make most of my currnet solid state hardware obsolete.

We are talking about rooters cutting their internet and cable.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The Shadow is suposed to be amazing. After seeing the Droid2, the Shadow will absolutely trounce it. I've been studying up on what all I will be able to do with this system and it will make most of my currnet solid state hardware obsolete.

We are talking about rooters cutting their internet and cable.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

from the looks of it, the current (unreleased) shadows do not have froyo, but by the time they are released, they will?
EDIT: nevermind, I just read that the X won't get 2.2 until august. but whateverrrrr. I'm still getting the X when I can!

aside from that nonsense, I'm stoked as hell for the shadow/ Droid X. I'm so happy I held out on my upgrade.

The next one will be called Gingerbread.

lol and on this note, I thought you were just trying to be a smart ass, but I just read about 3.0 being gingerbread. LOL Wow.

Last edited:
Android is taking a bite of out APPLE.

All their gains have been from iPhone users. RIM is flat.

I think the EVO 4G looks amazing, though I heard the battery life is not great and the camera is not as good as the iPhone.

What is this new "Shadow" phone? I know Tmobile had a phone a few years ago called Shadow. I'm guessing this one is different? Who makes it? What network is it on?

The motorola shadow was the code name for the new droid X.

Anyone using Pandora on 2.2? I noticed they downgraded the bitrate A LOT. So much so that I don't want to use it anymore. Sounds worse than my 8 track player in the Chevy.

Anyone heard of a fix? I've been using last.fm as an alternative but it's no Pandora.

btw.. i've been Froyo since the first beta was leaked. I believe google has sent out the official 2.2 update OTA for us Nexus One ppl.

Last edited:
I love my HTC Evo 4G, I thought I would miss my HTC Touch Pro 2 keyboard but with all the features and the big screen, I am so glad I switched from AT&T to Sprint (and pay the early termination fee) just to get this phone.

Can't wait for Froyo.

NetViper:
About the battery, the new update last week certainly improved the battery life, don't know why but it did. And also, drain the battery one time and then fully charge it, that will also help the battery life. So I have no complaints with the battery now.

niM

I love my HTC Evo 4G, I thought I would miss my HTC Touch Pro 2 keyboard but with all the features and the big screen, I am so glad I switched from AT&T to Sprint (and pay the early termination fee) just to get this phone.

Can't wait for Froyo.

NetViper:
About the battery, the new update last week certainly improved the battery life, don't know why but it did. And also, drain the battery one time and then fully charge it, that will also help the battery life. So I have no complaints with the battery now.

niM

+1
I have had better battery life since the update. I went ahead and purchased a seido case and a mugen extended battery. its 1800 maH. VERY pleased with the phone. I just wish i could find an app that would turn the phones mode to vibrate when holstered like the balckberries!

+1
I have had better battery life since the update. I went ahead and purchased a seido case and a mugen extended battery. its 1800 maH. VERY pleased with the phone. I just wish i could find an app that would turn the phones mode to vibrate when holstered like the balckberries!

The automatic update messed-up my wifi. I cannot connect to any wifi. Did your update do anything negative to your device? No big deal as the 3G is still fast for me, but I want it to work if I want it. So I am trying to get a replacement because Sprint can't figure it out. lol.

niM

I just got the 3500 mAh battery for my droid incredible and I must say dayum! it lasts 2+ days on one charge... pretty amazing... of course if u are playing games etc it wont last 2 days but its still pretty great.....

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy35hddn-bk.htm

and the extra bulk in the back actually makes the phone feel more sturdy and feels better when holding it... :D When am I going to get 2.2!? :(

I think the EVO 4G looks amazing, though I heard the battery life is not great and the camera is not as good as the iPhone.

I've seen a youtube clip of the two cameras pictures and videos. The iPhone is better, although just slightly. Not enough to make a decision off of.

I've only had my Evo for a few days, and I'm not yet happy with my batter life(coming from a blackberry that got 2+ days). I did order a bigger battery, which reading the comments, people seem somewhat happy with. I should get it soon, so we'll see:
http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-Battery-Droid-Incredible/dp/B003602HIO/ref=pd_cp_cps_3

There are also a few tricks to extend battery life that I did last night, so we'll see today how it is.
Yesterday I did about 6 hours....

Last edited:
For people loosing battery power with the EVO phone. Buy 2 micro-USB cables from Fry's for $10. Leave 1 at work, leave 1 in your car. Buy the 2-in-1 USB car charger (its a cigarette charger and also for wall outlets at home) from Best Buy for $20. Power problem is solved.. =)

I use my radio, pandora, GPS, IM, Fring, Internet all day and I have no more issues with battery. I want to maximize its capability, I'm paying for the data plan right. If everything running means loosing battery power sooner than most users, then I'll adjust even if it means buying micro-usb cables for all my cars. Its just amazing how this phone became my secondary computer.

niM

For people loosing battery power with the EVO phone. Buy 2 micro-USB cables from Fry's for $10. Leave 1 at work, leave 1 in your car. Buy the 2-in-1 USB car charger (its a cigarette charger and also for wall outlets at home) from Best Buy for $20. Power problem is solved.. =)

I use my radio, pandora, GPS, IM, Fring, Internet all day and I have no more issues with battery. I want to maximize its capability, I'm paying for the data plan right. If everything running means loosing battery power sooner than most users, then I'll adjust even if it means buying micro-usb cables for all my cars. Its just amazing how this phone became my secondary computer.

niM

I do the same thing, but I use the micro USB cables that I've accumulated over the years from buying point and shoot cameras.

The automatic update messed-up my wifi. I cannot connect to any wifi. Did your update do anything negative to your device? No big deal as the 3G is still fast for me, but I want it to work if I want it. So I am trying to get a replacement because Sprint can't figure it out. lol.

niM

heard lots of people having problems but mine went ok. :smile:

I've only had my Evo for a few days, and I'm not yet happy with my batter life(coming from a blackberry that got 2+ days). I did order a bigger battery, which reading the comments, people seem somewhat happy with. I should get it soon, so we'll see:
http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-Battery-Droid-Incredible/dp/B003602HIO/ref=pd_cp_cps_3

There are also a few tricks to extend battery life that I did last night, so we'll see today how it is.
Yesterday I did about 6 hours....

Just an update. At this point I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this phone until this is fixed. I've done every tweak out there and the battery is simply horrible. With everything turned off, with an upgraded battery, and with not using the phone, it will last maybe 10 hours in standby. Major issue.
I might be returning mine.

Kelley

Can you tether using this phone with your current plan or do you have to pay an additional $29/month to be able to tether?

Kelley

Can you tether using this phone with your current plan or do you have to pay an additional $29/month to be able to tether?

i forgot what you have to pay for the phone to be a hotspot?(is that what you are asking)

i don't have any plans to tether mine.

Just an update. At this point I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this phone until this is fixed. I've done every tweak out there and the battery is simply horrible. With everything turned off, with an upgraded battery, and with not using the phone, it will last maybe 10 hours in standby. Major issue.
I might be returning mine.

After i did the update and went through a few charge cycles, mine is not bad. You can't expect to watch movie, use 4g and wifi when you can, use the gps for maps and directions AND talk/text all day and have the battery last that long. I bought the mugen 1800 mAh because it was slim and i didnt want the bulk. Try a few more charge cycles, my battery life is improving and i try to run the hell out of it whenever i can.

Kelley

You are supposed to pay the $29. While I was researching phones, I ran across some app that will do it for free though. I didn't plan on ever using that feature so I didn't pay enough attention to what app it was. Sorry. :smile:

Back