• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annoying trend lately

Seems like everytime I take the nsx out this last few weeks people think its a nissan. Seriously. Last night's went like this at the gas station

person: Is that your nissan outside?

Me: Its actually a Honda

Person: Same thing.

Me: No, not really.

person: yes, yes really, its all japanese crap.

You ever wonder that everyone in the asian countries think "Ford, GM, Chevy, its all american crap."

LOL:biggrin: I had never get "nissan" comment ever. I'm in MN so I get a lot of respect for the NSX. I'm not sure about the other part of the country but it could be a hater or a jealousy. If I'm in your shoe, I would just let it goes out the other ear hole and continue enjoying your NSX:biggrin:

Last edited:
Seems like everytime I take the nsx out this last few weeks people think its a nissan. Seriously. Last night's went like this at the gas station

person: Is that your nissan outside?

Me: Its actually a Honda

Person: Same thing.

Me: No, not really.

person: yes, yes really, its all japanese crap.

You ever wonder that everyone in the asian countries think "Ford, GM, Chevy, its all american crap."

You are from Kansas. What did you expect?

I'm not in kansas anymore...

Just tell him that "My japanese crap will run circles around whatever your driving and still get 30 MPG" :tongue:

I do not understand people like that. If he really thought it was crap it would not have caught his eye. He was obviously impressed but wanted to make sure to put you down. I am sure he feels better about himeself now...:rolleyes:

A guy once told me that the NSX is nothing more than an expensive Civic.
My reply: You're absolutely right.

Someone said the same thing to me once and I responded with, well since its a V6 its actually closer to an Accord than a Civic.

I think he got mad. :biggrin:

Often time, I've noticed many just want to push my button.
Whether its from reving at me, to making a smart
comment somewhere public.
It's fine they want their 15 sec of fame.
I just smile along, and not give them the
satisfaction of having succeeded in getting to me.
A thumb's up is always a plus :biggrin:
~Cheers :cool:

Well, the GT-R is all over the press. That and no one knew what the NSX was during it's production, let alone three, almost four years after production.

Right now Nissan is the only Japanese manufacturer doing anything important on the world performance stage so I think it's natural to get a few folks thinking it's the GT-R.

Again, just a testament to the NSX that people could think a 17-year-old car is a brand new one.

Yea, there will always be haters. The funniest thing is when they pull up thinking it's like a Ferrari or Lamborghini and then one of the passenger remarks "man, it's just an Acura".

Yea, there will always be haters. The funniest thing is when they pull up thinking it's like a Ferrari or Lamborghini and then one of the passenger remarks "man, it's just an Acura".

Yeah, just the other day I stopped by Subway for lunch and the dude behind the counter asks "is that you Ferarri out there? It's cool!" I was tired and hungry so I replied..."Yes, yes it is. Thanks! Could I get a 6" turkey with swiss?" :biggrin:

I get the Nissan comment quite a bit.

"That's one of them there Nissan NXS's right?" "No...it's actually a '91 Honda"

Gotten the Ferrari comment before. Haven't gotten the Vette comment surprisingly.

One guy in KY said "Them new Firebirds sure are lookin SWEET." haha :rolleyes::biggrin:

You'll always have the critics. It never fails. There will always be one in the group.
It's why you're the one driving the NSX, and they're the one driving ( insert any random vehicle in here which automatically disqualifies their attempts at any sort of level ground of discussion involving performance aspects ). :rolleyes:

My reply: You're absolutely right.

My friend with an 06 GTO calls it the "mid engined Accord"

I call his the "I just lost 10K this year in resale value Cavalier" :biggrin:

I run into three types of people when driving the car. The first has no clue but appreciates the car and think I'm pulling their leg when I say it's a Honda. Next are those that know what it is and just want to talk about performance, handling, gas mileage, racing, etc - this is generally a more "mature" crowd. Then there are the youngsters (<25) who know EVERYTHING about the car, have the utmost respect for it, can talk specs, history, races it's won, etc. for hours. They are the ones that dream of someday owning one. I've had nineteen year old students of mine who knew exactly what year the car was by noticing the six speed, brakes and the fact that it's old formula red - I'm not sure I can detect NFR from FR unless they are side by side.

I've really never run into anyone who disrespects the car. Almost everyone is shocked that it's really an eleven year old car.

I have a "small" GT-One sticker on the right rear of my bumper that I got from Henry. Last week I was in McDonalds and some highschooler came in and told his mom there was a black GT-One setting in the parking lot. I just grinned and kept eating.:rolleyes:

That happened to me recently at a gas station…

Guy: How do you like your Nissan?

Me. It’s not a Nissan, it’s a Honda.

Guy: No it’s not. It’s a Nissan.

Me. No. Sorry but it’s a Honda.

Guy: Well, I know it’s a Nissan.

Then I thought, why am I having an argument with this Bozo about the type of car I drive.:confused:

That happened to me recently at a gas station…

Guy: How do you like your Nissan?

Me. It’s not a Nissan, it’s a Honda.

Guy: No it’s not. It’s a Nissan.

Me. No. Sorry but it’s a Honda.

Guy: Well, I know it’s a Nissan.

Then I thought, why am I having an argument with this Bozo about the type of car I drive.:confused:

Lol. Why didn't you tell him to take a look at your glass panels? I bet that would have shut him up. I had a 6 year old neighbor kid who identified it was a Honda NSX by reading the side of my window (I'm pretty sure he had no previous knowledge of the car). It amazes me that a 6 year old can tell what kind of car it is without asking me.

I've had countless people pull beside me and ask what kind of car that is. I simply nod my head back and point one finger at the NSX emblem that's right in their face.

Lol. Why didn't you tell him to take a look at your glass panels? I bet that would have shut him up. I had a 6 year old neighbor kid who identified it was a Honda NSX by reading the side of my window (I'm pretty sure he had no previous knowledge of the car). It amazes me that a 6 year old can tell what kind of car it is without asking me.

I've had countless people pull beside me and ask what kind of car that is. I simply nod my head back and point one finger at the NSX emblem that's right in their face.

Actually to your point I did think about that, or just open the door and let him see the plate. Then I thought it just wasn't worth my time. Too funny...if I did that then he probably would have accused me of changing the glass or plate.:biggrin:

Back