• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Another new owner in San Jose...Sayonara my Deutsche friend!

Hi,

I am a new owner in San Jose and would like to introduce myself to the others on this board.

Several years back I became emotionally estranged from my Porsche after the better part of a decade together. The P-Car, being a turbo, was a superb performer after about 3k RPM and like our cars beautifully crafted. Turbo lag kept me from enjoying the car around town despite some upgrades to address it. This year I decided to finalize the divorce.

I have struggled over the years to find a worthy successor. Initially I considered a 993 Carrera or 3rd Gen RX7 as the only serious contenders. I discovered many of the rotaries had motor replacements with low miles and got scared off. Then I found, to my surprise, that prices for the 993 and the NSX (which I have wanted ever since 1990) were actually quite comparable. Immediately the 993 and RX were scratched off the list. The NSX was it.

The bug bit me hard when I I took my first ever ride (and drive!) in an NSX on 22<SUP>nd</SUP> April 2010 http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135254 A huge THANK YOU to Ken C. (ChopsJazz) for a fine introduction and for graciously offering a complete stranger a ride in his gorgeous silver bullet. This sealed the deal.

I began my search in earnest driving everything from a tired beater (still amazingly solid and running well) to a late model targa. Within a couple of weeks the Porsche was sold. My motorcycle was also given the boot from the stable and is with someone new as well.

Last week I got in touch with Steve in SF (whiteNSXs) after seeing his ad on Prime. We spoke about the car in length and then arranged to meet in person. The car http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133730 exceeded my lofty expectations. Steve is a good guy. He carefully explained everything to me, answering even my most petty questions. He didn't even flinch when I was only doing 60 on 280 due to my conservative driving habits. A no-hassle, comfortable, deal was made and I am now the proud new owner of this much loved example.

This will be a weekend cruiser for me and I am looking forward to meeting up with some local members, learning more and enjoying what the NSX has to offer.

The best car I have ever owned was my late 80's Civic which had over 200k miles on it when I sold it. It is nice to be back in the Honda family.:smile:

Ken and Steve, Domo arigato gozaimashita!

Thanks Prime!

You got a nice one! Steve is a good guy; have pm'd him several times. You are lucky to get the short gears - that is a nice add - one I am contemplating and wish I could sample that. I don't know anyone here with that done. That's Atlanta.

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of the NSX and your driving pleasure will be assured especially over the turbo you had - I'm assuming was an 87 -89 version? Or was it? You should love the car you bought - many miles of trouble free driving ahead for you! Lucky dude!

Glad to have you as a member.

nice story.Good to see "known" cars exchange hands and owners who like to share thier experience on line.Best of luck with the car.btw I hope it has hids:biggrin:

Totally awesome! I've driven that exact car before, and it's a sweet ride. You're in for a treat that just gets better and better as the miles and years role by.

Hope to see you in Vegas, if not sooner.

Now wipe that smile off your face! Oh, sorry -- forgot -- you can't -- none of us can :biggrin:

Congratulations on your purchase. Steve is a good guy to deal with and you got a heck of a car.

Welcome to the family! I am glad Prime was able to help you have your first test drive and make your first purchase! You are in luck being part of the NorCal crew. That is a GREAT group up there. Definitely make as many meets as you can!

Good story. Welcome and congrats!

Back