• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any advice on where to get ultra white 1157 parking light bulbs?

OK, I took pictures of my WLED6 "white" parking lights and are posting them for your reference. I consider them more blue than white, but you be the judge.

The flouresent lights in the background are in my opinion "white". They are about as white as you can get in my opinion.

My headlights are the Sylvania Silverstars.

Parking Lights are the WLED6 in White purchased from Superbrightleds.com.

The orange corners are the OEM clear bulbs you get at PepBoys (they aren't LEDs).

Oh, and the haze on the finish of the car is from the residue of the car cover. I need to wash it.

11581lights1.jpg

11581lights2.jpg

11581lights3.jpg

11581lights4.jpg

Hapa88 said:
OK, I took pictures of my WLED6 "white" parking lights and are posting them for your reference. I consider them more blue than white, but you be the judge.

The flouresent lights in the background are in my opinion "white". They are about as white as you can get in my opinion.

My headlights are the Sylvania Silverstars.

Parking Lights are the WLED6 in White purchased from Superbrightleds.com.
Hapa88 said:
they are kind of blue comparing to the silverstar...
The orange corners are the OEM clear bulbs you get at PepBoys (they aren't LEDs).

Oh, and the haze on the finish of the car is from the residue of the car cover. I need to wash it.

BladesNSX said:
Hey Guys,

I went to the site http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm looking for the 1157 WLED-6 Bulbs and I can only find the WLED-12 and up. Where do I find the WLED-6 Bulbs? I'm concerned the 12 LED bulb wont fit for whatever reason.

The thing that's confusing people here is that the parking bulb in the combo lights are not 1157
(that's a dual filament stop/tail designation with a bayonet base).

The lamps you want are a "wedge" base, not a bayonet base and are a 194 or 168 designation.

Scroll on down the page in the link about 75% till you find WLED-x6 Wedge Base bulbs
- that's what you want.

D'Ecosse said:
The thing that's confusing people here is that the parking bulb in the combo lights are not 1157
(that's a dual filament stop/tail designation with a bayonet base).

The lamps you want are a "wedge" base, not a bayonet base and are a 194 or 168 designation.

Scroll on down the page in the link about 75% till you find WLED-x6 Wedge Base bulbs
- that's what you want.

Thanks D'Ecosse, I really was pretty confused there. I will take a look and order these. I found the 1157 designation from the same site by scrolling down the bottom and clicking on the "find the right lights for your car" hyperlink. It then brought up a site that said the 1157 is the bulb type used for the NSX.

It would be nice if someone would take the time to list out all the LED replacements for the parking lights, tail lights, and such, on here so others doing a search will find an easy list to go by.

BladesNSX said:
It would be nice if someone would take the time to list out all the LED replacements for the parking lights, tail lights, and such, on here so others doing a search will find an easy list to go by.

In this very thread - http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=431159&postcount=18

You can use same type as parking lights (WLED-x6) for the corner (sidemarker) units - it's your preference whether to go white or yellow & red (as appropriate), although the colour items would be the "truer" application.

I personally wouldn't recommend replacing the stop/tail lights with leds in the NSX - have tried a couple of different types of cluster & they are just not that effective. (See earlier posts in this thread)

Here's a testament to how great this web site is. I did White92's HIDs, the LED parking lights I learned about in this thread, and a side-marker upgrade from ClearCorners.com that I also learned about here. The lighting upgrade is complete. Here's a picture. The side and parking lights seem dim due to the camera's f-stop stepped way down due to the super-bright HID headlamps. They are much really much brighter.

Thank you, NSXPrime!

Attachments

• NewLights.jpg
    NewLights.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 575
Nice Pic....Do you ever get hassled for not having orange turn signals??

I ordered and just received my LEDs for the parking lights. Since I have the SOS front bumper I have difficulty taking out the parking lights to change the bulbs. A pic will have to wait in my case.

The turn indicator lights are fully stock. They are yellow when lit. You can kinda see the orange bulb assembly there in this picture. Those are more tricky to "clear out", since you have to modify that custom bulb holder. ClearCorners.com apparently offers to do that for a (steep) price.

Yes, please do submit a pic when you get yours done.

Jeff A said:
The turn indicator lights are fully stock. They are yellow when lit. You can kinda see the orange bulb assembly there in this picture. Those are more tricky to "clear out", since you have to modify that custom bulb holder. ClearCorners.com apparently offers to do that for a (steep) price.

Yes, please do submit a pic when you get yours done.

I think he's referring to your clear sidemarker. In the US they are supposed to be an orange reflector.

Oh. Nope, haven't had any hassles from law enforcement in the year or so I've had the white side markers.

I'm surprised they haven't hassled me about noise, I have a seriously loud muffler and a cantrel AIS - very loud car. At road atlanta, they have a sound meter that they watch during "quiet hour" on sunday. I'm always right at the limit of just over 100 db, sometimes they black flag me if I don't lift near the meter.

Once I had a cop stop me just to look at the car! He asked me how old it was, how many miles, etc. I was not amused. No ticket however.

Maybe I missed somewhere in this post :eek: but has anyone actually installed the 1156 or 1157 Led's in the taillight section? What the result or your opinion thanks :biggrin:

Black 94 #400 said:
Maybe I missed somewhere in this post :eek: but has anyone actually installed the 1156 or 1157 Led's in the taillight section? What the result or your opinion thanks :biggrin:
Yes I have - they suck, spare yourself the effort. You just can't get a plug-in bulb with enough leds to give anything like the intensity of an incandescent.
Don't waste your time or money trying.

D'Ecosse
Thanks for the reply, Great :confused: I just made a purchased the other day hopefully it was not a mistake :eek: the good thing is this vendor has good return policy.

The pics at the top of this page w/ the HID's and LED wedge bulbs do not look like they match at all. This might be just because of the picture, lighting, whatever but IMO they the LEDs have a blueish tint to it. If I were to get WhiteNSX's 6000k Kit what parking light bulbs would match it the best?

The picture I posted a few replies up are the 5500K HIDs. Yes, I think the 6000K's would be a bit bluer and a closer match to the "white" LEDs. I sorta wish I had got the 6000K's from the looks point of view, but the visibility at night is best with the 5500's. And they are awesomely bright.

Jeff

Hapa88 said:
And 1 for driver's side floor lighting (under the steering wheel). For this one, I just kept the reflector off so that the light is a little more dispersed, otherwise the reflector causes it to become "spotty".

My 2001 takes the same bulb style as the license plate, and running lights, under the dash, not the same one that goes in the doors and the dome light. Maybe the newer ones are different than the older models with the drivers foot well bulb.

Oh well, I will just have to order some more to get the right one.

Re: 1157 v. 1157A

I went to the Sylvania.com website and did a search on my NSX. As expected the parking light replacement bulb number was 1157. I have Silver Stars on my car and wanted to match them up, like most posts on this thread.

I scrolled down and noticed that the 1157 came in Silverstar for the turn signal but had a A after it (ST stands for Silverstar):

Front turn signal
1157A
1157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
1157ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

What is the difference with the "A". Could I just use it to match the headlights? I was going to order it and give it a try.

Any comments???

Re: 1157 v. 1157A

GlowNSX said:
What is the difference with the "A". Could I just use it to match the headlights? I was going to order it and give it a try.
Any comments???
I'm assuming the "A" stands for Amber... since it's for the turn signal and not the parking light after all.

I guess that makes sense...A=Amber.

I needed a different perspective.

I just wouldnt think that they would make a Silverstar turn signal and not a Silverstar parking light.

Thanks for the obvious :)

Back