• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any advice on where to get ultra white 1157 parking light bulbs?

For the interior Festoon bulbs you recomend the 3022-x4 but I noticed they have a 3022-x9 with a much brighter bulb that can probably be better does anyone know if this one will work fine?

Also for the tailight 1157 bulbs can the led direct replacement 1157 in red work well?

NSX~PERT said:
For the interior Festoon bulbs you recomend the 3022-x4 but I noticed they have a 3022-x9 with a much brighter bulb that can probably be better does anyone know if this one will work fine?

It might pay to read through the whole thread rather than just tag repeat questions on at the end.

Check posts 82, 92 & 100 in this thread - short answer is yes.

[/quote]Also for the tailight 1157 bulbs can the led direct replacement 1157 in red work well?[/quote]
Also in this thread - see posts 65 through 68 - short answer is no.

replace front side-marker bulbs w/ amber LED's?

I need some insights on bulb selection for the front side-markers (168/194)...

WLED6 amber bulbs: reasonable spread of light-output for the lens?

-or-

5 LED amber bulbs: reasonable amount of light-output for the lens?

-or-

9 LED amber bulbs: reasonable spread of light-output for the lens?

It seems that the LED's offered are moreso yellow'ish than orange'ish?!? :confused:

New Product!

These Superstars are being hailed as the new 168/194 king over on Hidplanet forum

1941w_y.jpg

060306%20led2.jpg

The big difference here is the use of a Super-high-flux led as the primary source. Look to be only available in yellow & red currently at Autolumination. There was some reference to an E-Bay source for these so may be worth a search.

Re: New Product!

D'Ecosse said:
These Superstars are being hailed as the new 168/194 king over on Hidplanet forum

1941w_y.jpg

060306%20led2.jpg

The big difference here is the use of a Super-high-flux led as the primary source. Look to be only available in yellow & red currently at Autolumination. There was some reference to an E-Bay source for these so may be worth a search.

Ken,

Are these appropriate for the side marker lights?

Gary

i'm on it!

Gary W said:
Ken,
Are these appropriate for the side marker lights?
Gary
D'Ecosse said:
Sure are!
Das ist gut! Thanks Mstr. A-V Guru!
gear_cool2.gif

BTW, replacing front side-markers (orange-lens) w/ LED's... would that make the rear side-markers (red-lens) look out-of-place w/ their OEM incandescent bulbs? Would it be recommended swap the red marker bulbs as well for LED's to look 'complete'? {looking for insights}

The lack of light-dispersion & 'spread' is why I have hesitated thus far in replacing side-marker bulbs w/ LED's.

Re: New Product!

D'Ecosse said:

1941w_y.jpg

060306%20led2.jpg

I see they are now available in super white.

gary

Hello,
I just ordered (for the interior) 6 3022-x9 LED Festoon bulbs from here

And for the Parking Lamps, ordered 2 194 Superstar Bulbs from here for $9 each.

This will be a fun project. Glad I found this link.

JM

the light thickens...

johnny010 said:
...And for the Parking Lamps, ordered 2 194 Superstar Bulbs from here for $9 each.

Please post some pics if you get a chance, and if you have HID's w/ those on as well! I'm curious to see how much difference there will be between the current preferred parking-light bulb WLED-x6 vs. Superstar Super White.

So the Parking-light (168/194) options:

- 5-LED refractive
- WLED-x6 non-pol.
- 9-LED focussed
- Superstar Super White

I wonder if the observed difference is worth $20'ish! And most importantly, which particular HID kit & temp. match-up bests?!? Hmmm...

I saw the Superstars today - all three colours!
White in the corners, & amber & red in the side markers!
Very bright!

If I was to make any criticism it is that the refractive (sic!) lenses on the NSX don't really diffuse the light & it appears a little of a point source. This may be being exacerbated by the high intensity of these units.

They do look nice though!

installing my 9bulb festoon's....

Attachments

• IMGP2109.JPG
    IMGP2109.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP2112.JPG
    IMGP2112.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGP2114.JPG
    IMGP2114.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMGP2115.JPG
    IMGP2115.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMGP2116.JPG
    IMGP2116.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 153
Very nice. I must have opened and closed my doors 10 times to look at the color change. Makes the car feel newer already :smile:

Attachments

• IMGP2117.JPG
    IMGP2117.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMGP2122.JPG
    IMGP2122.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 116
*** Having some problems getting the park lamps out. I found the screw, but cannot get the screws to turn. At first I couldn't tell if my screw driver was reaching up far enough. I finally decided it was not, so I went to Walmart real quick (only place open this late), and they did not have a longer screw driver that wasn't super super thick at the phillips end. So, I bought a cheap .88 driver, and cut some of the plastic handle off with a dremel, thinking that would give me the extra length I need....didn't work, the steel just came out of the handle. Anyway, the steel piece was longer now, so I tried to use what was left to loosen the screws and they never moved....never really felt like I got the head of the driver into the head of the screw???

combo-lights...

D'Ecosse said:
I saw the Superstars today - all three colours!
White in the corners, & amber & red in the side markers!
Very bright!

If I was to make any criticism it is that the refractive (sic!) lenses on the NSX don't really diffuse the light & it appears a little of a point source. This may be being exacerbated by the high intensity of these units.

They do look nice though!

Would you recommend the white Superstars in the combo-light (front-bumper)? (ie. marked improvement over the WLEDx6)

Thanks! :redface:

Re: combo-lights...

Osiris_x11 said:
Would you recommend the white Superstars in the combo-light (front-bumper)? (ie. marked improvement over the WLEDx6)

Thanks! :redface:

I should have done side-side comparison! Dooohhh!!!!!! Had both cars in same location too!

I probably wouldn't replace mine niow that I have the W6's but if starting from zero would probably go with the Superstars I think.
However, that other 5-way above them on the Autoillumnination site looks interesting too - that has a Superflux led (much brighter than 5mm leds) in the centre & 4 smaller leds around the side - technically that should give a good combo of brightness & wide angle.
Haven't seen those personally but spec wise that looks like it would be a good one too, probably on paper at least better than the WLed6.

Maybe one of these days in the interests of science (!!!) I'll get one of several types & do a picture comparison!

D'Ecosse said:
I should have done side-side comparison! Dooohhh!!!!!! Had both cars in same location too!

I probably wouldn't replace mine niow that I have the W6's but if starting from zero would probably go with the Superstars I think.

Any feel for whether the W6s or the Superstars were more 'blue' or more 'white'?

TIA :smile:

MJK said:
Any feel for whether the W6s or the Superstars were more 'blue' or more 'white'?

TIA :smile:
I would say the Superstars at first glance had a slightly bluer hue. Again, didn't compare side-side but that was my initial reaction.

Well these are the $9 bulbs (ea) from here. They are a bright bulb but do not match my stock headlight color. What a wonder a $5 screw driver from Sears can do.

If interested in these, check the for sale section.

* Oh, and just a tip, when removing the park lamp on each side, the screw does not come all the way out, it just loosens up.

Attachments

• IMGP2143.JPG
    IMGP2143.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP2144.JPG
    IMGP2144.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMGP2145.JPG
    IMGP2145.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP2146.JPG
    IMGP2146.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
what's your objective?

johnny010 said:
Well these are the $9 bulbs (ea) from here. They are a bright bulb but do not match my stock headlight color.

Wowzers... I'm somewhat surprised you went to such trouble for your front bumper combo-lights while having OEM 9006 halogen bulbs!?!
gear_oh2.gif

This seems to be the pervading trend...

- Stock halogen headlamps -> incandescent 168/194 (GE, Sylvania)
- Aftermarket halogen headlamp bulb (Silverstars)-> aftermarket incandescent 168/194 (Polarg, PIAA, Raybrig)
- HID xenon headlamps -> LED 168/194 (WLEDx6, Refractive-High'flux_5'LED, 9'LED Focussed, Superstars)

Osiris_x11 said:
Wowzers... I'm somewhat surprised you went to such trouble for your front bumper combo-lights while having OEM 9006 halogen bulbs!?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said! :eek:

Did you actually read any of this thread Johnny? :confused:

One of the attractions of LEDs is their 'whiteness' or even bluish white hue which are more akin in comparison to HIDs. An OEM 9006 is extremely yellow when compared to an HID, or more relatively an LED (especially these Superstars!)

Last edited:
Yes, I read the whole thread.

I didn't realize my lights were so yellow. When looking at them in person, they appeared to be whiter...then these park lamp led's came in, and were much bluer, thus the contrast was extreme. It dawned on me afterward.

Edited my above post and moved them to the for sale section (pending moderator approval now). Thanks.

Back