• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any advice on where to get ultra white 1157 parking light bulbs?

Ok, I just received my order today. My car is a '98 (in case that makes any difference). The footwell bulb in my car is different from the doors, dome, and trunk. The bulb I ordered for the footwell is the 194 5LED Matrix from Autolumination.com...$6.99 ea. I replaced the dome light with the 3022 Festoon 31mm 9LED from Autolumination.com...$8.99 ea. The dome light bulb is much brighter than the 3022-4 LED that I ordered several months ago from Superbrightleds.com. Now that I know what will fit where, I'll be replacing the doors and trunk with the 3022 Festoon 31mm 9LED's as well. Hope this helps.

NSXB said:
For anyone who is a little apprehensive (I know I was) about taking off the side markers to replace the bulbs with LED's; I thought I'd post some pics to show you just how easy it is to remove the side markers. The release clip for the side markers is located on the side closest to the rear bumber. Just peel back the rubber seal a little (you don't have to remove it), carefully slide a flat head screwdriver between the body of the car and the metal clip, press in gently on the clip, and use the screwdriver to pop the side marker out. It should take no more than 2 minutes from start to finish...that's it!

2 minutes is about right allright. :smile: I would add though that the smaller the head of your screwdriver, the better. I used one of those miniature ones that is typically used to tighten glasses, and it worked great.

03a-ScrewDrivers.JPG

I went with the wedge matrix LEDs in AMBER from http://autolumination.com/194.htm and they seem to disburse light very nicely. They seem slightly dimmer than the regular incandescent bulbs, but they look nice.

194_matrix_a_wm.jpg

Here are mine installed they look great at night and take about 10 years off its age.

Attachments

• Photo_072106_008.jpg
    Photo_072106_008.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Photo_072106_009.jpg
    Photo_072106_009.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 222
NSXB said:
Ok, I just received my order today. My car is a '98 (in case that makes any difference). The footwell bulb in my car is different from the doors, dome, and trunk. The bulb I ordered for the footwell is the 194 5LED Matrix from Autolumination.com...$6.99 ea. I replaced the dome light with the 3022 Festoon 31mm 9LED from Autolumination.com...$8.99 ea. The dome light bulb is much brighter than the 3022-4 LED that I ordered several months ago from Superbrightleds.com. Now that I know what will fit where, I'll be replacing the doors and trunk with the 3022 Festoon 31mm 9LED's as well. Hope this helps.

Sorry to revive an old thread....I am finally ordering all my LED lights to replace the interior, trunk and license plates. All I see are 39mm and 44mm as a choice in the 3022 9led festoon bulbs. Can someone clarify the size.....I want to order them now but don't want to order the wrong stuff. Thanks.

39mm = 1-1/2" Long 9LED

Replaces: 3423 3425 6411 6418 6423 6461 <----is that the one I should order for trunk and interior? 6 for interior and one in the trunk? and one in the glove box? this is for a coupe thanks.

I to wanted to order these lights but wasn't sure if they have changed their website recently so the previous given information isn't the same on the site anymore.

I'm looking to replace the parking lights upfront as well as the (5) interior lights.

Can anyone guide me through on what to purchase (part numbers) on the current website?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

UPDATE

I was able to find what I needed on page 2 of the check out menu. Below is what I purchased, please correct me if I bought the wrong items!

(2) WLED 6-LED bulb (white) = for my 2 front parking lights
(5) 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb (white) = for my interior lights

Last edited:
I just checked my mailbox and to my surprise my (5) interior and (2) parking LED's were sitting in there , I immediately ran to the car with all the mail and installed them all. THEY LOOK AMAZING! especially if you have HID's they match up so well compared to the oem bulbs. I just installed 6000K HID's and hated the different colors of the parking lights compared to the headlights so with the LED that problem went away. At first I was confused on what to purcahse as well but I managed to order all the right bulbs. Below is what I got, hope this helps you!

(2) Parking Lights = WLED 6-LED bulbs (white) $3.74/each

(5) Interior Lights (2 door panels, 2 dome, 1 trunk) = 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulbs (white) - $2.84/each

Make sure you choose (white) in the drop down menu when you order these bulbs otherwise, by default the colors are red!

I just checked my mailbox and to my surprise my (5) interior and (2) parking LED's were sitting in there , I immediately ran to the car with all the mail and installed them all. THEY LOOK AMAZING! especially if you have HID's they match up so well compared to the oem bulbs. I just installed 6000K HID's and hated the different colors of the parking lights compared to the headlights so with the LED that problem went away. At first I was confused on what to purcahse as well but I managed to order all the right bulbs. Below is what I got, hope this helps you!

(5) Interior Lights (2 door panels, 2 dome, 1 trunk) = 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulbs (white) - $2.84/each

Make sure you choose (white) in the drop down menu when you order these bulbs otherwise, by default the colors are red!
Any sidemarker and license plate recommendations?

You forgot the driver's side footwell LED. So 6x (3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb)

The 3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb looks money and should be a nicer light than the 3022 x 4

I need replacement bulbs, but SuperBrightLED email is not working, anyone know if they are still around?

Is there another vendor for these bulbs?

I need replacement bulbs, but SuperBrightLED email is not working, anyone know if they are still around?

Is there another vendor for these bulbs?

they should still be around, i purchased mine a week ago. why do you need their email for? just use their shopping cart...

here's a picture of my hid/led lights

hid.jpg

I purchased these LED bulbs for my parking/driving lights to match up with my HIDs....Sadly, one of the bulbs blew within a mere few months. I know it is rare for LEDs to blow out so soon. I just replaced them with blue tinted basic bulbs; however, I miss the bright look of the LEDs

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the two LED strips that are on some newer Audi's from bumper??? I LOVE those!

Last edited:
I just went to JB's Automotive in Edmonton Alberta and they only had 2 led units. And at outrageous prices. I passed.
Does anyone know what happened to Midnite Moose?
I place 3 orders with them in the past and they where great!
I see the site is gone now and transfers to another page with no info on it.
Either they are in transfer time or just disappeared from the bulb supply market.
I will have to try another online company then.
Have any Canadians had good luck and fast service from any of the online companies?
Thanks for this thread, its got me excited to do a few things with the car.
Like, get back in the saddle again.
I am also looking for a brighter whiter Canadian driving light bulb.
They had a 12 led replacement for the 1156 or was that 1158?
Anyways it was like 16.00 cdn and was about 27 watts.
I'll have to check around on that one.
Thanks for any info and on this thread, even thought the title of this thread starts off wrong, it sure has a big following.
Someone should take all the data, brands and sizes and styles and make a new FAQ thread in do it yourself.
Thanks
Trev

I purchased six 3022-x9 LED Festoon bulbs (white) from superbrightleds.com. The package is labeled "3022-W9 Festoon Bulb 12 Volt DC 9-LED White Polarized."

1. Did I buy and receive the correct bulbs?
2. I ask because I am having a hard time with the install. The lights seem to be "too big" as I'm unable to fit them completely within the clips. A side by side comparison with the factory bulbs shows this as well (factory bulbs seem skinnier). Has anyone else has run into this problem as well?...

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I purchased these LED bulbs for my parking/driving lights to match up with my HIDs....Sadly, one of the bulbs blew within a mere few months. I know it is rear for LEDs to blow out so soon. I just replaced them with blue tinted basic bulbs; however, I miss the bright look of the LEDs

I had the same problem.....TWICE!!! There must be some type of ballast, resistor, or electrical component I need to add for my driving lights.

I purchased the set from autoilumination which I found to be a perfect "WHITE" match for my Ultinon 6000k HID's.

They lasted approx 3 weeks before I noticed one was totally out and the other was flickering. Upon closer inspection, the flickering one only had 1 of the 9 LED's still working. I chalked it up to a bad batch and switched to the superled versions that were a little bit more blue than my HID's. Again, 3 weeks have gone by and now one is flickering wildly. I suspect it is about to go.

D'ecosse, is there something I am missing here. All I did was purchase the LED's and plug them into the factory sockets. Incidentally, my interior and trunk lights work fine, but they are never on for extended periods of time. I feel like I am burning up the driving lights (below the head lights) because I use them approx 45 minutes straight, at times)

Any help is appreciated!

I had the same problem.....TWICE!!! There must be some type of ballast, resistor, or electrical component I need to add for my driving lights.

I purchased the set from autoilumination which I found to be a perfect "WHITE" match for my Ultinon 6000k HID's.

They lasted approx 3 weeks before I noticed one was totally out and the other was flickering. Upon closer inspection, the flickering one only had 1 of the 9 LED's still working. I chalked it up to a bad batch and switched to the superled versions that were a little bit more blue than my HID's. Again, 3 weeks have gone by and now one is flickering wildly. I suspect it is about to go.

D'ecosse, is there something I am missing here. All I did was purchase the LED's and plug them into the factory sockets. Incidentally, my interior and trunk lights work fine, but they are never on for extended periods of time. I feel like I am burning up the driving lights (below the head lights) because I use them approx 45 minutes straight, at times)

Any help is appreciated!

I just switched back to regular bulbs. I have no idea why mine blew so early. I have a costum underbody tray for earo purposes and it is kind of a mission to remove it just to change the bulbs. I didn't want to have to go through that again. Has anyone else had this problem??:confused:

I just bought a pair of WLED-x6 white bulb for my parking lights. I plugged it in and it works fine, BUT how is it suppose to fit into the housing?

The bulb is too big to fit into the housing. I wondering if I got the right bulb. I purchase them from superbrightled.com

Not sure why your x6 doesn't fit, as it's referenced over and over in this thread. But if you compare its picture against other bulbs at the following link you'll see that it's quite a bit larger in diameter. Perhaps it's been redesigned recently.

http://superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

But this page also warns against using it in headlamp housings. Not exactly what we're doing (pre 2002 at least), but might explain why several people here have reported that theirs blew out quickly.

I went with the WLED-x5 instead. As you can see in the picture, four of its five LEDs are aimed to the side, which makes it work much better with the reflector housing than the other bulbs with all their LEDs aimed straight ahead. I compared the x5 with the WLED-WHP as well as the one from prime member comtec's kit, and found both of them too narrow angled. Only the x5 came close to the original incandescent bulb in evenly filling the entire housing with light. Comtec recommends sanding the lens on his, creating a bit of a wide angle effect, but it still didn't come close to the x5.

We'll see if the x5 lasts. If not, i'll switch to either comtec's or the WHP, since i haven't seen any reports of those failing.

Just ordered the following from superbrightleds.com in anticipation of matching the interior/exterior lighting with a HID 6000k kit from WhiteNSXs which I have signed up for.

Parking lamps: 2 x WLED5* (white) $2.34 each
Festoon interior: 5 x 3022-4 (white) $3.64 each
License plate: 2 x WLED-W4 (white) $2.34 each

*went with the WLED5 under the theory that the radial design would "fill" the parking lamp lense with light better than the directional design of the WLED6; will see how well this works out.

Last edited:
*went with the WLED5 under the theory that the radial design would "fill" the parking lamp lense with light better than the directional design of the WLED6; will see how well this works out.
I tried those two back to back and it does really make a difference.

Regarding the festoon bulbs for the interior, the 3022-CWHP2 is a lot brighter than what you ordered. I'd get that one at least for the dome light.

Back