• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any BMW guys on this? 1999 BMW Z3 (2.3) Odd Clutch Electrical Relay Noise

I just picked this up which is a long story. I am getting this crazy electrical relay noise when the pedal is depressed. So odd. I wouldn't think the clutch position sensor would be a relay. Maybe I'm wrong. I have had a few issues with the car starting and off all things moving the seat seems to help. Go figure. I've heard of BMW electrical nightmares, hopefully this doesn't end up being one. ...I already spent 4hr trying to get the airbag light off to no avail...

https://youtu.be/SOHSnDGBKI4

This will be of no help to you, but I had a 2000 M Roadster which was the least reliable POS I ever owned. From mechanical items to electrical items to simple shit falling off it was enough to convince me never to try a BMW ever again. Yes, it was all covered under warranty. But it was in the shop more than once per month of ownership, many times towed in after my wife or I was stranded somewhere.

www.bimmerpost.com is the holy grail site for anything BMW.

Sounds about right.... This car runs on warning lights. I will say this. I have not had any issues since this was fixed. I replaced the clutch switch and had the EWS-DME rebuilt. I still get lower power warning lights but it's never low on power. No clue. It's fun to drive being only $6k invested. Aside from that, not sure how I feel about BMW's...

Back